Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. (907 Views)

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 / ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. / ASUU Embarks On An Indefinite Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. by BloggerAdmin(m): 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2013
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has commenced indefinite strike nationwide today, national president of ASUU, Dr Nasir Isa Fagge has said.

He made this declaration, Monday, at the University of Lagos (UNILAG) after their NEC meeting held at Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State.

Speaking to news men, he said: “We are embarking on indefinite strike nation wide because the Federal Government reneged in the Memorandum of Understanding MoU signed with ASUU in 2009 to pay lecturers their earn allowance.”
According to Fagge, the Federal Government, in 2009 made a law to pay each lecturers N12,500 per month as earn allowance which it never did since 2009.

Lecturers at the University of Port Harcourt have confirmed this development stating that an SMS has gone round to all lecturers in Nigerian versities asking them to embark on "a total and indefinite strike action from 1st July, 2013." A Professor of the University who spoke to NaijaCurrent.com on the condition of anonymity disclosed that ASUU has called for a meeting on Tuesday 2nd July, 2013 to officially make a public announce of this action.

Students on ground at UNIPORT expressed their dismay at the pace of incessant academic strikes in Nigeria complaining that this marks the beginning of a long time of boredom for them.

SOURCE: www.NaijaCurrent.com

Re: ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
Me: Baby! Welcome home, how was school and project wahala?

Babe: Honey forget about that yet. I really missed you. *Hugs me very tight*

Me: Oya let's get down to bizy,

Both of us: *chorusly* awsh... I missed you... (Our lips locked together)

***Draws curtain***
Re: ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 01, 2013
Is state universities participating in the strike
Re: ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. by Ezechyglo: 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2013
my God this is not fair, dey shld go back to collective bargainin abeg, cnt remain undergraduate for life.
Re: ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. by Horlawoomey(m): 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2013
This one na gobe o . . . . . Thank God am in state poly
Re: ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. by Horlazuncanmi(m): 7:06pm On Jul 01, 2013
This is a bad news for me,when will I finish this Msc
Re: ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. by homesteady(m): 7:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
Yes oh!! I've been fasting and praying for this strike!! My exams is starting next upper week!! And seriously!! I'm not prepared!! This semester was too short!!
Its not all about graduating fast!! Its about graduating with a good result!!
#UNIBEN
Re: ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. by ebucha: 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2013
At the mention of the acronym "ASUU",'strike' automatically becomes the next word in any news
Re: ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. by ogb5(m): 8:56pm On Jul 01, 2013
homesteady: Yes oh!! I've been fasting and praying for this strike!! My exams is starting next upper week!! And seriously!! I'm not prepared!! This semester was too short!!
Its not all about graduating fast!! Its about graduating with a good result!!
#UNIBEN

Agbaya grin
Re: ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. by awodman: 8:59pm On Jul 01, 2013
Nupeng,ASUU,ASUP,June salary not paid...HMmmm...Nsogbu dikwa oooo
Re: ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 01, 2013
Thank God that my medical school don't participate in ASUU strikes, esut college of medicine... The most forward and upward medical school on Nigeria
Re: ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
Horlazuncanmi: This is a bad news for me,when will I finish this Msc
bros I wear d second leg of ur shoe oh!
Re: ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 02, 2013
Hmmmm

Re: ASUU Embarks On A Total And Indefinite Nation-wide Strike From 1st July. by OAM4J: 11:18am On Jul 02, 2013

(1)

Free E-book On How To Study Abroad / The 2009 Agreement: The Cause Of The Face Off Between ASUU And The Government / Waec Gce 2013 Nov/dec. Result Is Out Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.