Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Join The Project Now - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Join The Project Now (4608 Views)

JOIN THE Spot The Difference Fun / How Can I Join The Sss Or National Intelligence Agency / Join The New Look Graphics Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 11:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
Please i need freelance animators to join the project "Konja and the Navigators" please if you are a maya artist your skills are highly needed here.

The title of the series is Pixxy and the Navigators. Its aim is to teach kids elementary geography and the content will be very educative.

The target audience is kids for 2-12 and the theme and animation will be dysney standard. A nigerian version of dreamworks animation studio is on the way.

My biggest challange is balancing my passion with regular day work. am not full time yet so progress is very slow.
Re: Join The Project Now by OKX(m): 6:12pm On Jul 06, 2013
izzit a paying job?
Re: Join The Project Now by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 11, 2013
i like the enthusiasm. send concept sketches and i can help you model.
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 11:33pm On Jul 14, 2013
Thanks bros.. †ђε charactets are evovlving to siute production need so lots of back and forth tweeks after rigging and testing. I had to drop some character and creaye new ones. (He truth is if you are A̶̲̅ serious maya artist we W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ create A̶̲̅ profile. For you on our webpage where we W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ post task on †ђε projectm )ou can use other softwarte but standard format for all jobs W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ be fbx and obj for now.if we confirm ur ability we W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ send you and mou which W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ stipulate ur entitlements

1 Like

Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 12:23am On Jul 15, 2013
ladanski: i like the enthusiasm. send concept sketches and i can help you model.
I can send you A̶̲̅ base mesh to create blendshapes for facial expressions. -f you can handle this task then you proved you are competent to be in our project
Re: Join The Project Now by Nobody: 4:43am On Jul 15, 2013
I model mostly. I use blender. I will be able to handle environment modeling
Re: Join The Project Now by Goldenheart(m): 7:09am On Jul 15, 2013
I know not how to do 3D!!! but I can be of service.....check my Signature
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 10:55am On Jul 15, 2013
ladanski: I model mostly. I use blender. I will be able to handle environment modeling
Well if it for enviroment you can model an airport enviroment. It has to be cartoonish not reListic. With A̶̲̅ control tower and gaagets with buttons and light.
Re: Join The Project Now by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 15, 2013
I'm on it.
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
Some characters don't meet production need we drop them or redsign from scartch

Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2013
Just trying different poses and render settings

Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2013
ladanski: I'm on it.

Ђ☺ώ far have you gone. Post A̶̲̅ picture
Re: Join The Project Now by OKX(m): 10:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
@nzemkolo
lol...did say u were gunning for disney standard, then u must also study disney procedures.

let me give some unsolicited advice/tips.

create concept art for ALL your characters AND props first.
all ur corrections and amendments should be done at the paper stage, not at d modeling stage.
dont tell someone to model from their skull witout the guideline of concept art showcasing artstyle.
that will definitely lead to wasted man-hours.

create a bio-sheet for ur characters and an expression sheet showing the anticipated xpressions for ur diff xters, in line with their personalities.
something needs to guide ur modeler for blendshapes.

make decisions about the level of control u want over ur rigs. do this at the planning stage. that way u wont b dropping xters after creation. it will also determine how many blendshapes u will need.

before u move a single vertice, ur project should already b alive and properly planned on paper.
im assuming ur story is tight and has been properly storyboarded.

goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 7:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
Thanks. Yeah that's †ђε standard procedure but we drew modelled and rigged A̶̲̅ character then after skinning and painting weight we didn't like Ђ☺ώ †ђε character performied in †ђε skinning test. It was A̶̲̅ desigN error and dat tot me that not everthing that works on paper W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ work in 3D you still have to do A̶̲̅ lot of 2weeking to get it right. Dats Ђ☺ώ our studio got its name 2wiks animation.
Re: Join The Project Now by OKX(m): 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2013
well, u get my general gist, and I didn't mean just modeling.

if u r tweaking a xter after skinning, its a question of know-how. I have neva come across a xter that can't b skinned using d various methods available..to d xtent dat ur trashing d xter.

well, woteva works for u...and like I said goodluck.

I think u need a lot of help, advice n study...but I'm nt sure this is d best forum for that.

besides its not like u asked my opinion....lol
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 7:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
[quote author=OKX]@nzemkolo

Thank but there is no hard and fast rule till Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊я characters 0are ready For production. There is nothing wrong in dropping xters and making new onces as far as its meant to make all †ђε characters fit well into †ђε theme of †ђε animation

And also you must be able. To 2week Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊я xters to meet Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊я needs so A̶̲̅ G̲̣̣̣̥ọ̥ọ̥ƌ̲̣̣̣ knowledge of rigging is important. That's y maya is †ђε industry standard for xter animation for now. I believe we can do disney standard animations but I can't gurantee †ђε procedure yet though there is A̶̲̅ workflow. Yeah it not as straight foward as u think ocx. Let's jump in and birth †ђε animation industry in nigeria
Re: Join The Project Now by OKX(m): 9:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
well, dis will b my last response along dis line....so it doesn't look like we r arguing (which isn't d purpose of d thread)

don't reinvent d wheel.
it took a whole load of talentd chaps a lot of years to condense their accumulated xperience into broad guidelines to facilitate production.

learn those procedures.

there r hard n fast rules if u want an effective production pipeline, d only flexibility is in their interpretation which u will adapt to suit ur unique environmnt. but as an example, no studio director will b applauded for trashing a fully modelled xter for any reason. woteva issues it has shd hav been addressed at d paper stage.

unless ur project has an unlimited budget and no deadlines.

on maya being industry standard, dats debatable, but not d point.

we cnt birth d industry in nigeria witout a sense of professionalism and d willingness to research.
d birth process is d culmination of a gestation period....dis is dat period for us.

our colleagues abroad, at times spend years just researching an idea or developing d technology to xpress an idea. I raise dis point just to illustrate wot xcellence requires. in ur case, it would start with a total redesign of ur characters wit a focus on appeal.
again, dis is cos u dare say u r gunnin for disney standard, research n find out y most disney xters r endearing.
first is the appeal of a good story, then d appeal of great xters.

we can continue dis correspondence in private.

again, goodluck n cheers.
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 11:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
Yeah you are right but you see its kinda difficuilt to get everything right †ђε first time. I belive we can start then as we go along we refine †ђε process procedures and workflow. We are not reinventing †ђε wheel. I have worked in A̶̲̅ media firm as an animator and I learnt that creatives have †ђε biggest ego and are very difficuLt to handle and make them work together as A̶̲̅ team. I like Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊я insight. Let's see Ђ☺ώ it works out.
I have five characters for now ready for production. Well you can reach me on 08052056957
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
Improved version

Re: Join The Project Now by jbanj4(m): 12:57am On Jul 21, 2013
I lik dis, I wish I cud be part of it; I use maya, I'm a bit gud in modelling, but I'm a novice in animating, I worrk wit adobe after-effects too. I'll drop some of my works here

Re: Join The Project Now by jbanj4(m): 12:59am On Jul 21, 2013
More of my works, you can reach me on 07066273443.....

Re: Join The Project Now by jbanj4(m): 1:01am On Jul 21, 2013
More....sorry, about the quality of the pictures, I had to compress them because of Nairaland

Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
Nice one bros. We can work together maybe at some point

Re: Join The Project Now by jbanj4(m): 11:08am On Jul 25, 2013
nzemkolo: Nice one bros. We can work together maybe at some point

Thanks, I look forward to it. My email- jbanj4@gmail.com my number- 07066273442
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 12:15am On Jul 31, 2013
Trying to see †ђε character blend in to †ђε scene here.more tweeking to be don

Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 11:40am On Jul 31, 2013
So far I have done all †ђε characters but am building A̶̲̅ cartoon ebviroment for †ђε series

Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2013
Didn't know that creating †ђε enviroment W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ be A̶̲̅ challenge

Re: Join The Project Now by OKX(m): 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2013
@nzemkolo
hang in there, its a tuff journey.

ur still breaking some basic rules, but i guess everyone follows their own learning curve.
decide on an art style and stick with it.
ur environment post, for instance, combines 3 different structural art-styles...is there a particular reason for dat?

the golden rule also is, never model wot u can texture instead.
employ that, n u'll speed up ur process significantly n reduce d challenge(s) u face.
eg. only model doors and windows if there's going to be interaction with them, or if its a close-up shot, otherwise use a texture. dats more application-friendly, and looks better.

normally u wouldn't go modeling an entire environment without guides. u would only build parts that r seen in ur particular camera shot as determined by the storyboard, dat way u'll also know the level of detail required for each element.

also work on ur proportions.
make rules considering ur proportions n b consistent across ur scenes.
for eg. there's a general ratio relating door-to-window size, house-to-tree size, person-to-house size etc.
i know its a make-believe world but ur sizes have to at least have some foundation in believable physics.

goodluck, im keeping a friendly eye on ur progress.

cheers

2 Likes

Re: Join The Project Now by OKX(m): 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2013
check out http://3d.about.com/od/Creating-3D-The-CG-Pipeline/tp/Creating-Effecient-3D-Illustrations.htm

its a 2-part read with valuable tips that will aid u tremendously if u follow them.
read n give me feedback.

cheers
Re: Join The Project Now by reidkrugger(m): 10:53pm On Jul 31, 2013
@Okx, what do u mean “door to window size“?
Re: Join The Project Now by OKX(m): 11:40pm On Jul 31, 2013
@reid
i mean the relationship between the size of a door to the size of a window.
if ur modeling a house with doors and windows, (unless ure going for a specific effect for some reason) the height of the doors should definitely take the xter that's meant to live in it, and the height of the windows are approximately half or two-thirds the height of the door.
this is closer to real world proportions, and its easier for our minds to accept them in our creations.

our different sizes must all tally across the different scene elements, its a common mistake we make...for instance, the window level of a bungalow shouldn't correspond to the window level of the first floor of another building in the same scene... that's stretching imagination a bit too much, unless u've established that different sized creatures live in them respectively.

same thing for trees, cars and basically all our different assets.

lol, lets not derail his thread.

1 Like

Re: Join The Project Now by jbanj4(m): 5:41am On Aug 01, 2013
Nice Characters combination but the major problem here is the colours.......good thing I know a thing r two about coloursgrin. There something wrong with the colours and the combination, all the colours are looking raw(if you know what I mean). The foreground is so greenish, you'd consider adding some tints or shade to some areas.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists / Course: Animation Or Graphic Design / My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.