Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Windows 8 - Now The 3rd Most Used OS In The World, Do You Also Like Windows 8 ? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 8 - Now The 3rd Most Used OS In The World, Do You Also Like Windows 8 ? (1237 Views)

Top 25 Most Used Passwords Of 2015 / Any Disadvantage In Installing 3 OS In One System-pc / Old Dell P11 Laptop How To Load Os In It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows 8 - Now The 3rd Most Used OS In The World, Do You Also Like Windows 8 ? by aywhy93(m): 10:33am On Jul 02, 2013
Since the first day Microsoft released the Windows 8 Operating System, I didn't like it up till a month ago when i started using it on My Tablet (although my Tablet is Specifically running Windows RT) and now I'm getting used to it. Just like in my own case, Millions of Computer users worldwide these days are also falling in love with the newest Desktop OS from Microsoft - 'Windows 8'. You are wondering - How could that be ?

Well, Windows 8 has now been announced as the third most used Desktop Operating System in the world after the most used desktop OS - Windows 7 and Windows XP. Windows 8 was released in the month of October 2012; exactly 8 months ago, and it has finally surpassed Windows Vista in usage because back then, Windows Vista was the most preferred OS after Windows 7 and Windows XP.

You can see a well labelled data analysis of the most used Desktop OS in the world in the picture below and as you can see, it is mainly dominated by the big Microsoft. The data in the picture above comes from research company and market tracker Net Applications and it shows that Windows 8 isn’t too far behind Mac OS X (all versions combined). Windows 8 marks a decent jump in usage over May, when it had 4.27% share. At the top of the chart remain Windows 7 and Windows XP with 44.37% and 37.17%, respectively. This puts Microsoft as the undisputed champion in the desktop operating systems market. Mac OS is second with 7.2% (including older versions) and Linux is third with 1.28%. What do you think about this desktop OS analysis ? Which is your most preferred OS ? and Why ? undecided

Your comments and contributions are highly welcomed.

[size=18pt]To read the full post, visit - http://www.stevenbergy.com.ng/2013/07/windows-8-the-3rd-most-used-operating-system.html

More Tips and Tricks available on www.stevenbergy.com.ng
[/size]

Re: Windows 8 - Now The 3rd Most Used OS In The World, Do You Also Like Windows 8 ? by Novabright: 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
It came my laptop HP655, but how do i create homegroup on it?
Re: Windows 8 - Now The 3rd Most Used OS In The World, Do You Also Like Windows 8 ? by Novabright: 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
It came with my laptop HP655, but how do i create homegroup on it?
Re: Windows 8 - Now The 3rd Most Used OS In The World, Do You Also Like Windows 8 ? by aywhy93(m): 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2013
Novabright: It came with my laptop HP655, but how do i create homegroup on it?

Homegroup
Re: Windows 8 - Now The 3rd Most Used OS In The World, Do You Also Like Windows 8 ? by paulabdeel(m): 1:09am On Jul 03, 2013
You can create a homegroup only if you have a home network.
Re: Windows 8 - Now The 3rd Most Used OS In The World, Do You Also Like Windows 8 ? by Novabright: 6:14am On Jul 03, 2013
paulabdeel: You can create a homegroup only if you have a home network.

pls i dnt undstand.
Re: Windows 8 - Now The 3rd Most Used OS In The World, Do You Also Like Windows 8 ? by tolugeorge: 1:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
Windows 8 is sleek and on point. As you already know you wont enjoy all the numerous benefits unless you get a licensed Copy.

If you like window 8 and wants to give upgrade a consideration or want to license already installed windows 8. Look no further, I have a complete solution for you.

Should your window 7 is showing a trial version or you cant access your desktop any longer.

My number 08077937704
Re: Windows 8 - Now The 3rd Most Used OS In The World, Do You Also Like Windows 8 ? by physise(m): 3:46pm On Jul 03, 2013
windows 8 best os ever
Re: Windows 8 - Now The 3rd Most Used OS In The World, Do You Also Like Windows 8 ? by aywhy93(m): 10:49am On Jul 08, 2013
tolugeorge: Windows 8 is sleek and on point. As you already know you wont enjoy all the numerous benefits unless you get a licensed Copy.

If you like window 8 and wants to give upgrade a consideration or want to license already installed windows 8. Look no further, I have a complete solution for you.

Should your window 7 is showing a trial version or you cant access your desktop any longer.

My number 08077937704

Yes, but the licensed version always comes with a New System...
Re: Windows 8 - Now The 3rd Most Used OS In The World, Do You Also Like Windows 8 ? by aywhy93(m): 10:50am On Jul 08, 2013
physise: windows 8 best os ever

Maybe, but i still haven't rate it ahead of Windows 7 because of some feature Windows 7 have...
Re: Windows 8 - Now The 3rd Most Used OS In The World, Do You Also Like Windows 8 ? by tolugeorge: 12:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
Usually you have windows 8 come with a new PC. How about upgrading your OS, or fresh installation on a bare metal. You need access to a License copy to fully enjoy all the feature.
Re: Windows 8 - Now The 3rd Most Used OS In The World, Do You Also Like Windows 8 ? by Djtm(m): 1:53am On Jul 09, 2013
I upgraded my laptop from win 7 to win8. Didn't like it much until I was able to activate it. And yes I didn't pay nothing!

1 Like

Re: Windows 8 - Now The 3rd Most Used OS In The World, Do You Also Like Windows 8 ? by Emerald120(f): 4:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
Novabright: It came with my laptop HP655, but how do i create homegroup on it?
how well does dis HP 655 serves u? is ur processor ADM?

(1) (Reply)

Three Month Old HP Laptop For Sale. / Hp Laptops Are Of Very Poor Quality / Things To Know About Hard-disk.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.