Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,825 members, 7,844,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

The Evolution Of The Useless. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evolution Of The Useless. (453 Views)

The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction / The Evolution Of Morality / The Evolution Of The Useless. (2) (3) (4)

(1)

The Evolution Of The Useless. by MrTroll(m): 8:38pm On Jul 02, 2013
So I was in the bathroom this morning brushing my teeth and it suddenly occured to me, the atheists are some very clever and sly bunch.
They accuse the theists of proposing as proof of their god a concept aptly named 'GOD OF THE GAPS' whereby whatever that can't be explained by current knowledge is beyond human understanding and therefore proof of the supernatural/god.
Now, that position is quite a naïve one because heck! This same argument has been used over the ages in explaining fire, snow, thunder, rainbow, storms, mountains etc and for theists to still be propounding this here notion of 'GOD OF THE GAPS' arguments is quite foolish if I may say so myself (although I used it some time ago against ooman[before I knew he was a dunce!] to good effect), and the atheists gladly make them look silly when they start spewing that crap. So I say damn you theists! If that's all you have then you have no arguments.tongue
Then here comes the atheists...they usually point to what they call 'accidents of nature' to show that in fact what we see around us are just results of random accidents over a looooooong period of time because heck! there are some quite 'USELESS' parts of the body for example which have no purpose and therefore, voila! Proof of evolution!
What the heck!!!? How's this position different from the 'GOD OF THE GAPS' position?
It isn't if you look at it closely because man, both positions are [url=www.wikipedia.com/arguments from ignorance]arguments from ignorance[/url]
The one says, what caused the big bang? You don't know? Voila! Its God!
The other says, why are there numerous seemingly surplus galaxies and why is the universe so big if we are all alone and are the purpose of all creation? You don't know? Voila! Evolution!!!

While the former has been aptly named the 'GOD OF THE GAPS', the latter in my opinion is the 'evolution of the nonsense'

So hey theists, whenever the atheists make you look silly when you pull the 'GOD OF THE GAPS' line outta your ar'se, make them look silly too by shoving the 'evolution of the nonsense' in their face!
Final score: 1-1, Nobody win. cool
Re: The Evolution Of The Useless. by manmustwac(m): 9:51pm On Jul 02, 2013

(1)

Love Your Enemies / Attempted Arrest For Healing Without Lisence / What Are You Thinking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.