Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:12 AM

D'BANJ- I Wanted To Become A Mechanical Engineer But It Was Too Mechanical - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'BANJ- I Wanted To Become A Mechanical Engineer But It Was Too Mechanical (1075 Views)

D'banj - 'I Intend To Marry And Have A Child This Year’ / Don Jazzy Replies D'banj - 'I Wish You Well Son' / Don Jazzy replies D'banj: 'I am not a talkative...' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

D'BANJ- I Wanted To Become A Mechanical Engineer But It Was Too Mechanical by 9jawikileaks(m): 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2013
So I was watching a Flashback interview on MTVbase last night and the interviewee was D’banj. All through the 15minutes interview session, D’banj distinctively carried the viewers along with his funny answers.
When asked about his love for Music for instance, the kokomaster said “Music chose me…I was jejeli sitting down and eating pounded yam when it chose me….You see, I started in the church choir but over time, I found my levels”
Speaking on why he quit school, D’banj said “I actually started studying mechanical engineering but I couldn’t finish because it was too mechanical for me…Music was so easy for me, it didn’t require me banging my head”

He disclosed how he was sent to Nigerian military school at age 11 and was expected to enter the military like his father, but at 14 he picked up a weapon of different kind and altogether more peaceful; the harmonica. He was introduced to this instrument by his late elder brother, Femi Oyebanjo who tragically died in a plane crash at age 17 on his way en route Lagos from Nigerian Military School, Zaria.
His brother’s harmonica was one of his possessions recovered after the incidence and D’BANJ started to cherish it. His incredible harmonica skills are self taught; he says, “I play the harmonica like it was built for me”.
When asked to mention kokolets in the music industry, the kokomaster said “Beyonce is not a kokolet but a babylet…” He further said “doing a song with Rihanna is what I look forward to…it would be crazy like mehn”
http://hypearena.com/2013/07/i-wanted-to-become-a-mechanical-engineer-but-it-was-too-mechanical-for-me-because
Re: D'BANJ- I Wanted To Become A Mechanical Engineer But It Was Too Mechanical by stevecantrell: 4:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
I wanted to be a medical doctor but it was too medical : /
Re: D'BANJ- I Wanted To Become A Mechanical Engineer But It Was Too Mechanical by stevecantrell: 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2013
I wanted to be a lawyer but it was too legal cheesy
Re: D'BANJ- I Wanted To Become A Mechanical Engineer But It Was Too Mechanical by dullassini(m): 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
Eja nla I dey feel u die throway sef.
Re: D'BANJ- I Wanted To Become A Mechanical Engineer But It Was Too Mechanical by Cholls(m): 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
I wanted to be a politician but it was too "Do Or Die Affair" grin

1 Like

Re: D'BANJ- I Wanted To Become A Mechanical Engineer But It Was Too Mechanical by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 04, 2013
I wanted 2 be a musician bt it ws 2 musical..wht a funny interview!!!

(1) (Reply)

Why Wizkid Was Expelled From Secondary School / Strange Fish With Human Parts Causes Stir In Ibadan / #childnotbride#why Stella Damascus Shouldnt Be Taken Seriously- SK Johnson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.