Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Nigeria: 14-year-old Student Emerges Nigeria Maths Queen - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria: 14-year-old Student Emerges Nigeria Maths Queen (2236 Views)

Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa / OAU Medical Student Emerges As Best Graduating Student / Unilag-made Car Emerges Third Best In World Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: 14-year-old Student Emerges Nigeria Maths Queen by Nobody: 2:00am On Jul 04, 2013
Nigeria: 14-Year-Old Student Emerges Nigeria Maths Queen

A 14-year-old Junior Secondary (JSS) 3 student, Adewale Fasoro Titilayo has been declared the overall winner of the Nigerian Mathematics competition organized for female students by the National Mathematical Centre.

The announcement which was made in Abuja on Friday at the opening ceremony of the Pan-African Mathematics Olympiad (PAMO) qualifies her for a cash prize of N100,000 and a scholarship valued at N3 million to take care of her senior secondary school education.

She will be crowned Mathematics Queen at the national level alongside the winner of the senior cadre who will emerge the African Mathematics Queen tomorrow by the first lady, Dame Patience Jonathan.

"I feel excited because this is my first time of ever winning a national competition.

"I want to become an aeronautic engineer when I grow up. I was nervous during the exams but God saw me through," Titilayo expressed.

Speaking at the event, Director General, National Mathematical Centre Prof. Adewale Solarin said he hopes Nigeria wins the African Mathematics Queen as Cote d'Ivoire won it in 2009.

Solarin said the competition has revived students' interest in mathematics hence, 30,000 students took part in this year's Cowbell mathematics competition.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201307011520.html
Re: Nigeria: 14-year-old Student Emerges Nigeria Maths Queen by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 04, 2013
Cowmilk,

This is reverse-bigotry. When did you start chest-beating like the other side? And why are you digging up everywhere just to send a message across to the other side? This is so un-Yoruba and uncalled for. grin

Stop being petty, ma'am. undecided
Re: Nigeria: 14-year-old Student Emerges Nigeria Maths Queen by Nobody: 2:45am On Jul 04, 2013
ShyM-X:
Cowmilk,

This is reverse-bigotry. When did you start chest-beating like the other side? And why are you digging up everywhere just to send a message across to the other side? This is so un-Yoruba and uncalled for. grin

Kiss kiss
Re: Nigeria: 14-year-old Student Emerges Nigeria Maths Queen by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 05, 2013
ShyM-X:
Cowmilk,

I think what she is doing is right. If it was the other people that were doing it will you see it as wrong??...please lets give honour where one is due!

@texas cowgirl
keep it up!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigeria: 14-year-old Student Emerges Nigeria Maths Queen by Tolexander: 10:17pm On Jul 05, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Nigeria: 14-Year-Old Student Emerges Nigeria Maths Queen

A 14-year-old Junior Secondary (JSS) 3 student, Adewale Fasoro Titilayo has been declared the overall winner of the Nigerian Mathematics competition organized for female students by the National Mathematical Centre.

The announcement which was made in Abuja on Friday at the opening ceremony of the Pan-African Mathematics Olympiad (PAMO) qualifies her for a cash prize of N100,000 and a scholarship valued at N3 million to take care of her senior secondary school education.

She will be crowned Mathematics Queen at the national level alongside the winner of the senior cadre who will emerge the African Mathematics Queen tomorrow by the first lady, Dame Patience Jonathan.

"I feel excited because this is my first time of ever winning a national competition.

"I want to become an aeronautic engineer when I grow up. I was nervous during the exams but God saw me through," Titilayo expressed.

Speaking at the event, Director General, National Mathematical Centre Prof. Adewale Solarin said he hopes Nigeria wins the African Mathematics Queen as Cote d'Ivoire won it in 2009.

Solarin said the competition has revived students' interest in mathematics hence, 30,000 students took part in this year's Cowbell mathematics competition.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201307011520.html
what is happening with you these days?

Are you now into pikin intelligence?
Re: Nigeria: 14-year-old Student Emerges Nigeria Maths Queen by 99cent: 3:50am On Jul 16, 2013
congrats to this most intelligent girl. Hope her dreams of becoming an aeronautic engineer comes true.

smh @ the fool on d thread.
Re: Nigeria: 14-year-old Student Emerges Nigeria Maths Queen by Oloriebi22(m): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
yeeeeparipaaaa grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Inspite Of ASUU Strike; Unijos New Academic Calendar. / 18 Tips On How To Survive As A Freshman. / Breaking News Iiiiiiiiiiii

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.