Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa (14319 Views)

ESIC Telangana And AP Recruitment For Stenographer, Upper Division Clerk & Multi / AP DSC Results 2015 / Learn How To Programme On Nurit Pos Terminal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by mijd(m): 10:44pm On May 26, 2008
debboh:

Hey, you're scaring me with this talk of slavery though it's not new to me.

I live in on the outskirts of Lagos (Sango Ota)and I work on the island.
This means that I travel every week day and I don't get to close till
8 - 10pm, You can imagine when I get back home,
I have break fast 11:30pm to 12:00midnight,

I recently passed the APMT aptitude test (50 questions in 12 mins) 8 2

I've been invited for an interview, (it's a finane job), it this section also that bad

Hi Debboh
Have they started inviting for interview? I did dsame test at the terminal in Apapa on the 16th of this month. I suppose your's is MISE, I did for MITAS. Could you please update me am curiouse. Or are they inviting in batches?
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by iku: 11:09pm On May 26, 2008
Thanks all.

Like I said earlier am not changing my mind. Am leaving immediatly after getting this months payment.

jayjay007- my post is clear. Are u in engineering or in one of the offices there? I met serge once upon a time and the TM lamented.

jayjay007- what is your job responsibility in APMT? Please!

Nairalanders- am giving you my views! shine ur eye and take samples. Those that want to replace me should count down the days. Am almost out.

Iku!

1 Like

Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by iyaegin: 12:14am On May 27, 2008
@iku
pls can u tell me about the job description of a gate clerk cos i heard they give that to your mise trainees pls how much do they earn and what are their workn hours like.pls i wud like to know more about this
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by determino: 1:06am On May 27, 2008
I have read this tread closely and i believe i understand how"Iku" feels.Really i think it just not worth it to hang on to a job that your spirit don't agree with.

Iku,
You complain at the slave like treatment you recieve from the white guy but truely its worse with Nigerians (i.e Nigerian bosses).About resign,i would say resign now don't wait till you are fired it is better. Some job actual prevent you from seeing better opportunity and some even reduces your visibility professional. For such jobs it is better to be without a job.

RESIGN NOW!!i was also in your situation and like you talk about my feelings and i got blacklist. i wanted to resign but i was talked into staying till i got a better.i tried hard but the better job didn't come. Eventually i was layed off over tump up charges. I don't regret leaving nor the fact that i now have a hole in my CV no! If you have made up your mind just do it and dont look back. I also explain to you that in every organisation there are organisational politicians and they could move a step ahead of you and get you before you know it (it happened to me ) so what you will do keep close to your chest and act more, talk less.

i wish you the best
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by iku: 9:24pm On May 27, 2008
Thanks all!

determino - u sound matured- kudos.

Infact ur spectation seems real. I sence a game in my work today. I talk less in work but seems bad people many oo.

A colleague appointment has been terminated shortly because of 'nil reason' and this guy plan resigning at month's end.

His letter indicated that his behaviour do not comform with the oyinbo own.

Hummmm 3 more days to months end.

All is well

1 Like

Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by iyaegin: 6:31am On May 28, 2008
@iku
please can u tell me about the job description of a gate clerk because i heard they give that to your mise trainees please how much do they earn and what are their workn hours like.please i would like to know more about this
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by talk2wale: 8:56am On May 28, 2008
jayjay007,

Thanks for the clarifications. though 'am quite surprised to hear all those bad things about APMT. please I will like to know how long it takes them to invite those who passed the assessment test for the next interview?
I will also like to know the salary range for a senior staff like a manager. thanks Man.
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by iku: 9:32pm On May 28, 2008
Iya egin-

I know of some guys that does the gate clerk ofa a thing.

The discription is simple- u work as a cleark in the gate, you will take record of all incoming and outgoing container when on duty. You may need to stand all through the day. 6.30 to 6.30.

please if you have a better job keep it and stay there. I guess you are a female- it isnt good for you. Clerk stand under the sun. It isnt an office issue.

Pay isnt negotiable. Check the post on pay. 840-1m range per annum

All the best!

iku
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by okeyz(m): 6:37pm On May 29, 2008
hi iku,
i read ur post men ,u are one funny guy grin
the way u described ap moller as if its a grand foundry !
please is AP Moller the same company with Maersk?
please i need ur answer cos i intend joining maersk.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by iku: 9:14pm On May 29, 2008
okeyz -

Mearsk and AP are subsidiary's.

wish u a better job if APMT.
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by mosyb: 11:17pm On May 29, 2008
IS IKU AN ADVISER ? U GUYS ARE FUCKING UP , SOME ONE WANTS TO RESIGN AND U EXPECT HIM TO GIVE U ADVICE ON GATEMANS JOB OR WHATEVER

MAKE UNA ALLOW AM TO RESIGN FIRST THEN HE CAN SET UP A CONSULTANCY BUSINESS, THEN U GUYS CAN SEEK HIS ADVICE

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by jayjay007: 8:47am On May 30, 2008
iku,like i said earlier resign if u r tired.i am not saying all is well with apmt,but u exagerate a lot.how on earth will you say a gate clerk works in the sun for 12hrs.pls fear God.r u saying a gate clerk works with a mobile computer that is in the sun 4 12hrs too.they do documentations in the sun while standing too.if u are nt sure of things pls dont state it.

a gate clerk is supposed to update the inflow and outflow of units on the system while sitting in thier office.how are they suppose to do this standing in the sun for 12hrs?then your collegue can never be sacked based on what u said.u r hiding the truth.we ve seen a case of a white manager been forced to resign for victimising locals.if ur manager is dat bad ve u ever reported to HR?

like i said earlier salary varies,it depends on your dept.
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by Datope(f): 10:06am On May 30, 2008
'You may need to stand under

Hmmmm my little contribution.

2 Likes

Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by talk2wale: 11:06am On May 30, 2008
JayJay,

Kindly answer my question about the invitation for the interview and stuffs.
regards.
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by Keen1(m): 1:22pm On May 30, 2008
I have keenly followed this thread. You know what I feel:

1. You complain too much.
2. You dont state all the facts
3. You dont need to make all this noise if you want to resign. The choice is yours.
4. Your friends are the ones urging you to find another job before you leave.
5. Do you know the conditions applicable where you are going?
6. I close at 10 - 11 every day and I dont need to embarrass my organisation by posting it here.
7. Great men have experienced all these things, they percevered before they got their breakthrough.
8. Employment situation in the country is hard. It is not as easy as you think it is.

Good luck to you.

1 Like

Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by jayjay007: 1:38pm On May 30, 2008
a gateclerk has never stood in the sun for 12hrs.what iku said is far from the truth. .the problem in apmt is our fellow  blacks who paint thier brothers black to be in the good books of the expatraites.

i dont know how longs it takes to get u called for the interview.but i think due to the number of applicants,they invite in batches.u can mail the hr thru this email add  appapmthrdgen@apmterminals.com
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by talk2wale: 4:53pm On May 30, 2008
JayJay,

Thanks for the info. the mail was sent to the HR. Hope to hear from them soonest.
By the way, do you have any idea about their interview after passing the assessment test? I mean like how many stages of interview 'am I likely to still pass thru.

Regards.
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by jayjay007: 5:55pm On May 30, 2008
the interview is 2 stages.the first is with the hr,and the 2nd stage will be conducted by your would be manager(expatriate).
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by iyaegin: 2:16am On May 31, 2008
@jayjay007

does the interview with the expatriate also apply to the gate clerk job also and since u seem to have a better grip of goings on wat is the salary range for the gate clerk thanks
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by ekowengele: 1:22pm On May 31, 2008
MAKE UNA CHECK THIS ONE OUT MY PEOPLE

JOB: ENGINEERING
EXPERIENCE: 3 YEARS
TYPE OF EMPLOYEE: UNIVERSITY GRADUATE
SALARY: 25 K/ MONTH MINUS OVERTIME, PLUS OVERTIME= 31K/MONTH
WORK HOURS: 7AM TO 7PM
WORK ENVIRONMENT: VERY HAZARDOUS
COMPANY: SO CALLED MULTINATIONAL MANUFACTURING COMPANY ABOUT THE BIGGEST IN SUBSAHARAN AFRICA

ABEG MY PEOPLE MAKE UNA BAIL ME OUT,

GOD DEY!!!
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by luciano80(m): 12:28am On Jun 01, 2008
its a damn shame from a company with worldwide Repute!!!!!!
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by iyaegin: 2:44am On Jun 01, 2008
@luciano80

ave u bothered to read between the lines n realise that the said company in question is not ap moller so its better u read the post well b4 castigating the company cos am definite dat ap moller is not a manufacturing company.

@ekowengele

Its quite obvious u are not saying the whole truth or better still u are a contract staff cos if u need a soothsayer to get u out of dat company then wait there till xmas ok then santa's gonna come get u,how can u ave 3yrs experience as a uni grad and be earning 25k there's more to ur story jooo abeg
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by luciano80(m): 11:43pm On Jun 01, 2008
Iya egin, i don't know why you should be hostile about the one liner i wrote, abi you dey work there? listen friend, Ap moller, mearsk line Or wateva, they should have a system that works. even though some of their staffs may be whinners (because yes there are alot cats hoping for such breakthru to work there, even if its as hot as hell's kitchen) they still deserve good treatment from the firm. mind you, the dude who initiated this thread seem not to be the only one complaining here, so something ought to be wrong somewhere. we spectators just discuss the issue, so i still stand by what i said, ITS A DAMN SHAME!!!!
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by gunpoint(m): 7:04am On Jun 02, 2008
i hav bin watchin dis tread evn if i havnt bin postin

Iku, i realy am interestd, havnt u resignd yet??

cos dat wat "I" realy wana knw!!!

its a new month already!!!

angry cool angry
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by jayjay007: 9:21am On Jun 02, 2008
hi iya egin,
u will be placed on contract 4 3 months and the take home pay is 55k.after the 3 months if the management is satisfied with ur conduct u will be placed on permanent employment.as a graduate u will earn over a million after the confirmation(i am not 2 sure the actual amonut my dept is 1.35 may b 1.2 sha.).then there r allowances which u will be paid like night allowance etc which is not included in ur salary.

to the last poster

today is the 2nd day of the new month and i can confirm authoritatively that iku is yet to resign.nobody has resigned in engineering as at this morning
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by Datope(f): 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2008
If am in IKU shoes, Even if the best thing that would happen to me at the moment is to drop my resignation letter, I will not do it immediately again as I know the eyes of Jayjay and others in the HR will be watching out for the single guy in Engineering that started this post. sad

Can't afford to be blacklisted embarassed at least when my new employer decides to make a reference.

2 Likes

Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by Amax(m): 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2008
Who has ever worked in APMT apapa?
Hummmmmmmmm.
How do you see the working enviroment?
The work na die for here o!
Especially in the Engineering section.
After my NYSC, i was glad to pick up the offer but now am regreating it. Am equal to a dropout of secoundry school. APMT does not recognizes your certificate or qualification. We are all paid the same amount, even some of my colleague with 7years experience.
Work starts 6.30 to close 6.30- Hot 12 working hours.
Most embarassing- the so called Oyinbo's feels we are suffering and we have no alternative. When I was on the website some months ago before my employment, I was glad because of the compant profile but now, Am tired.
The unnecessary stress is much, no even time to apply or go for an interview. The heads that are black are not even helping.
Here na die oooooooo!

STOP COMPLAINING  OR
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by mosyb: 9:47pm On Jun 03, 2008
grin grin

I SAY IKU NO GET MIND, NA FORM HIM DEY FORM, SO WHAT ARE WE SAYING, A BIRD AT HAND IS WORTH 2 IN THE BUSH

O BOY 4GET, IKU NA IBO MAN HIM GET SENSE, IM NO FIT RESIGN, NA DESPERATE MAN HIM B
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by omobabaGOD(m): 7:23pm On Jun 08, 2008
[b]jayjay007 i think u are more serious than iku. white men hate laziness and that is why iku is finding it hard to cope. pls what is the work description like for the MISE and the MITAS program is there any difference
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by skiduski(m): 4:54am On Jun 09, 2008
Well i have been following this post with some interest and all i can say is that iku has some points. Agreed pple may say he's a whinner but he is just bringing the problems at APT to the shore.
I wrote the APMT test 2 years back and passed and also went for both interviews; HR and Engineering but till today i am yet to hear from them, that just shows how they run their thing. A friend of mine who was working there had to resign at the end of the day stating the same reasons iku gave and this is some one i know very well and i can tell u that he is not lazy, He has a better job now.

The only thing i will tell iku is that if he wants to resign let him resign, God will provide something better. And for those that want to get in please do, experience they say is the best teacher, you may have a better tolerance level than iku.

1 Like

Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by talk2wale: 8:15am On Jun 09, 2008
JayJay,

Please can I have your contact number, I will like to have some private discussions with you.
Regards.
Re: Here Na Die (Apmt) Ap Moller Terminal Apapa by kufreabasi(m): 10:33am On Jun 09, 2008
this is truely a hell fire.
what is the salary like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Proven Way To Achieve Your Goals / There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job / 7 Easy-to-learn Skills For Students Awaiting Admission, NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.