Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,470 members, 7,830,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Treat It Urgently - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Treat It Urgently (710 Views)

Do You Have Used Zain (airtel) Usb Internet Modem For Sale? I Need It Urgently. / Final Year Project Treat It Quickly And Urgently / Internet Download Manager Activation Parameters. Please, I Need It Urgently! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Treat It Urgently by lanreade(m): 8:57pm On May 18, 2008
i neeed the assitance of any enginner in the house, my Laptop doesn't see CD again
If i load it with a CD it won't see it and i don't know what the problemis.I will be happy if u guys can bail me out
Re: Treat It Urgently by dnative(m): 10:38pm On May 18, 2008
Check if the drive letter assigned to the CD drive is still visible. if not you'll need to check from device manager if the hardware entry for the cd drive is still there.
If there is a device manager entry, I'll say you possibly have a dirty cd-rom lens - try an optical lens cleaner. If that doesn't work, you might have a faulty cdrom drive hardware altogether. Also check if you're not able to read all CDs at all or just some specific CDs.
Re: Treat It Urgently by TmeD0(m): 5:36pm On May 20, 2008
dnative:

Check if the drive letter assigned to the CD drive is still visible. if not you'll need to check from device manager if the hardware entry for the cd drive is still there.
If there is a device manager entry, I'll say you possibly have a dirty cd-rom lens - try an optical lens cleaner. If that doesn't work, you might have a faulty cdrom drive hardware altogether. Also check if you're not able to read all CDs at all or just some specific CDs.

@ poster, dnative's suggestions should answer your question.  I'd bet my last buck that your CD drive is defective, which in this case you will need to have it replaced.  On the other hand, You'll want to try the last suggestion dnative offered because sometimes certain CDs will just not work on some drives.  Try another brand of CD just to eliminate that option.  Peace!
Re: Treat It Urgently by darkroll(m): 6:48am On May 25, 2008
a freind of mine has same problem , the cd rom icon is not displaying on My computer . what do you think the cause might be ?

(1) (Reply)

Do U Wnt 2 Dual Boot Ur Laptop? / Internet Is Running Out Of Website Addresses / Power On Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.