Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,171 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? (756 Views)

5 Men Of God Who Should Be Ashamed Of Themselves. / Why You Feel Ashamed After Masturbation / Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? by takeprofit: 9:58am On Jul 08, 2013
children between age 0-2 yrs dont seem to feel any shame about unclothedness,
but from something 3 - 5 you see them running for shelter when u catch them naked.
is it because they've eaten the forbidden fruit? or they've committed a sin? anyone have an idea what the forbidden fruit means?
Re: Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? by Kay17: 10:43am On Jul 08, 2013
^^
We feel most vulnerable in that state. We are most sensitive to criticism.
Re: Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
We didn't until the europeans came and told us it is a sin against their god. So we foolishly put on clothes sweating profusely under the sun. Those same europeans go completely naked on their beaches. Go figure.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? by ajufinz(m): 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: We didn't until the europeans came and told us it is a sin against their god. So we foolishly put on clothes sweating profusely under the sun. Those same europeans go completely naked on their beaches. Go figure.

You mean this could have as well happened in the Seat of the Caliphate and around the Chad basin too?
Re: Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? by saintvc(m): 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2013
Only sinners like adam are ashamed wen naked, righteous saints like me are naked after bornagain
Re: Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? by lovelydoll: 2:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: We didn't until the europeans came and told us it is a sin against their god. So we foolishly put on clothes sweating profusely under the sun. Those same Europeans go completely naked on their beaches. Go figure.

you are correct , i am happy you said their God. it wasn't until the Europeans that we were fully clothed.Most of the time i see untouched tribes wearing practically nothing just decorations on their body ,for identity and beauty.

and the European had to wear full clothing else they wouldn't make it through the cold winter.
Re: Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? by tpia5: 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
are you discussing children or adults @ op.

the thread is bordering on indecency.

i dont doubt you are up to no good.
Re: Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? by lovelydoll: 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
but i wouldn't encourage being naked in today's world.lust is now the most powerful thing in peoples minds.
Re: Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? by takeprofit: 4:59pm On Jul 08, 2013
tpia@:
are you discussing children or adults @ op.

the thread is bordering on indecency.

i dont doubt you are up to no good.

both children and adults. what is behind the shame we feel when naked?

someone said because we are prone to criticism... makes sense.
Re: Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? by tpia5: 9:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
you should fall back, unless you're under a curse.

your first post is clearly a cover for something else, resist the devil and he will flee from you, you dont have to do this.
Re: Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? by tpia5: 9:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
and no, your question does not need an answer.

if you want to walk around n.aked, join a nudie camp.
Re: Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? by takeprofit: 9:40am On Jul 09, 2013
tpia@:
you should fall back, unless you're under a curse.

your first post is clearly a cover for something else, resist the devil and he will flee from you, you dont have to do this.

did i say i like pple walking about naked?
Re: Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:33pm On Jul 09, 2013
tpia@:
and no, your question does not need an answer.

if you want to walk around n.aked, join a nudie camp.

I didn't know you trolled as well.
Re: Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? by takeprofit: 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I didn't know you trolled as well.

ok. just learnt a new word today.

1. trolling

Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

2. Trolling

The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks: Shouting swear words at someone doesn't count as trolling; it's just flaming, and isn't funny. Spam isn't trolling either; it pisses people off, but it's lame.

3. Trolling

Trolling is trying to get a rise out of someone. Forcing them to respond to you, either through wise-crackery, posting incorrect information, asking blatantly stupid questions, or other foolishness. However, trolling statements are never true or are ever meant to be construed as such. Nearly all trolled statements are meant to be funny to some people, so it does have some social/entertainment value.

------------------------------------------
whichever u mean....
Re: Why Do We Feel Ashamed When Naked? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2013
takeprofit:

ok. just learnt a new word today.

1. trolling

Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

2. Trolling

The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks: Shouting swear words at someone doesn't count as trolling; it's just flaming, and isn't funny. Spam isn't trolling either; it pisses people off, but it's lame.

3. Trolling

Trolling is trying to get a rise out of someone. Forcing them to respond to you, either through wise-crackery, posting incorrect information, asking blatantly stupid questions, or other foolishness. However, trolling statements are never true or are ever meant to be construed as such. Nearly all trolled statements are meant to be funny to some people, so it does have some social/entertainment value.

------------------------------------------
whichever u mean....

All of the above.

(1) (Reply)

Anti-trinitarians: I Can Now Prove That Jesus And God Are One / . / The Religion That Is More Better Than All The Religion In World Today!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.