Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? (950 Views)

Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:03am On Jul 08, 2013
Re: What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? by Horus(m): 11:34am On Jul 08, 2013
What this guy is doing in the video is what every Africans should do. We need to rid ourselves of all the pale white images that has clouded our memory of who and what we are. When you see these images and statues in the homes of friends and family, ask them to destroy them. Yes destroy them all, and right now.
Re: What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? by birdman(m): 11:49am On Jul 08, 2013
The earliest images of Mary and Jesus were black anyways - check out the black Madonna and child. Chei! See wetin yoututbe wan cause cheesy
Re: What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
this pastor is ignorant. in reality is Jesus not in the exact same shoes as Mary his mother, both humans, neither is God or have independent power to do anything? what sincerity is on your claimed importance of the son who mother you are disrespecting?

the catholic may just theorize that Mary the mother of Jesus came to earth to deliver a baby. so in doing so like her son, she emptied off of herself 'same thing the protestant pastor will say her son Jesus emptied' off of himself.

same coin, 2 different sides. hypocrisy of the highest order bordering on pure ignorance. is Jesus not human from the human mother? if you are proposing that every knee. . . . ., if it is true and he is a good son of his mother, then you will have some explaining to do.

Alhamdulillah. I am a muslim, bowing to Who Jesus [as] bowed to.
Re: What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
^^ protestants are the dumbest people on earth when comes religion .

Anyway u pretty said it all . there's no way u can follow Jesus and disrespect his mum .esp the way how good she was(according to the scriptures) However Jesus was made man to come on earth But he's God and God's son
Re: What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
guyz guyz...........you are not getting the reason why I posted this.

IT just shows the soullessness of protestants. they have no emotions. infact this was remarked many a times, of the puritans during the 1600s, during Oliver Cromwell's reformist times.

they are soulless.

anyways ill give you guyz one more chance. .

how would you feel if someone burnt your Nations flag in front of your eyes?
Re: What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 08, 2013
^^ I will beat up the person.
since u said how do u feel . hum I will say angry .

what do u mean by soulless?
Re: What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
I might slice the bastard's throat
Re: What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ^^ I will beat up the person.
since u said how do u feel . hum I will say angry .

what do u mean by soulless?

CAMEROONPRIDE: I might slice the bastard's throat

yes exactly! now we are getting closer.

You see, the catholics in the past , destroyed so many of our Pagan idols mercilessly, without any regard to our sentiments, emotions, spiritual connection, etc. to these material objects.

THe point is that there is a difference between breaking a toy doll, and breaking an idol you have poured your soul into.

Sometimes, material objects symbolize certain things that cannot be compromized. They become sacred and their destruction is sacrilege.

As in the case of the National Flag, which symbolizes your nation and everything you stand for.

This is why I posted this thread. To ask the catholics how they feel when this same atrocity, madness and insensitivity was wreath upon them.
Re: What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:42pm On Jul 08, 2013
by soulless, I mean they are like robots. spiritless. just destructive machines.
Re: What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2013
i didn't see that way ..nice topic, however most Catholics (esp modern Christians the one in Africa) have never been involved in any kind of idols' destruction.
Re: What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
by soulless, I mean they are like robots. spiritless. just destructive machines.
seconded
Re: What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? by FromGuiriga(m): 1:26am On Jul 09, 2013
I'm not a Catholic but if my opinion is accepted, here it is:

They might or might not be offended. However, what this pastor is doing is ignorant (in my opinion). That is a thing of worship or whatever the Catholics use the statutes/images for. Is none of the pastor business. He is not a Catholic. If he finds no used for it then why did he spent money to buy just to break it. That Pastor most likely would not have been a Christian if his masters were not Christians. He forgets that.

That's my opinion.

1 Like

Re: What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? by khiaa(f): 9:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
From_Guiriga: I'm not a Catholic but if my opinion is accepted, here it is:

They might or might not be offended. However, what this pastor is doing is ignorant (in my opinion). That is a thing of worship or whatever the Catholics use the statutes/images for. Is none of the pastor business. He is not a Catholic. If he finds no used for it then why did he spent money to buy just to break it. That Pastor most likely would not have been a Christian if his masters were not Christians. He forgets that.

That's my opinion.

Are africans muslim, because their arab masters were muslims, are africans catholic because the white missionaries brought catholicism to them? Lets not forget africans may be pagans if these events hadn't occured. By the way I agree 100% with that pastor because the bible speaks against idol worshipping.
Re: What Do Catholics Think When They See This Video? by khiaa(f): 10:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

People have souls, it's those man made idols that are souless.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Library / Honour Spiritual Authority / Is Yooguyz An Athiest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.