Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help (3195 Views)

Are You A "today" Or A Tommorrow" Person? / Abeg Make Una Help Me For This My Research Work Ooo: / Is Going To University That Important For A Better Tommorrow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by Preciousgirl(f): 5:50pm On Jul 08, 2013
my Research is on discrimination and it is for a master's degree in human rights
i am doing a qualitative research, using interviews and observations and a case study.
please, i am jittery and need help on how to successfully defend my proposal.

Please seun, or moderators, please kindly move this to the frontpage so experts on research will help me. Thank you in advance.
Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by bellong: 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
What you need is self confidence. Do not feel jittery while speaking to the audience. If you are the shy type, do not look at people's faces during your speech, look at their forehead.

Rehearse with some people tonight using your presentation. There is no big deal in research proposal defense. You will be questioned on the methodology adopted for the research. Read very well about what you are presenting and stuff associated with it.
Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by Preciousgirl(f): 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
bellong: What you need is self confidence. Do not feel jittery while speaking to the audience. If you are the shy type, do not look at people's faces during your speech, look at their forehead.

Rehearse with some people tonight using your presentation. There is no big deal in research proposal defense. You will be questioned on the methodology adopted for the research. Read very well about what you are presenting and stuff associated with it.

Thank you and God help you, need more guidelines please
Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
^^
Spot on!
Even if you are the shy type, you would need to "carry along" your audience. If you're using a power-point presentation, your delivery will be greatly enhanced.
Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by femi4: 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
DONT TRY TO CRAM, ELSE YOU GET DESTABILIZE ON THE D-DAY

LISTEN TO QUESTION CAREFULLY BEFORE PROVIDING ANSWER

DONT ARGUE WITH THE PANEL
Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by aniiii(f): 6:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 08, 2013
No need to be scared. be calm. U've made it dis far! The lecturers n profs in d panel will intimidate u wit their knowledge, but it is to test u and wat u claim u know. make sure u r well grounded on d topic of discuss (the project), know the method and type of research, variables of d study (dependent n independent variables n more, research design, instrument/validity n reliability without lookin at ur book (memorise them). List out some key point/facts from ur research (lit review). Talk wit boldness but u must choose words carefully. Use simple english cos those profs can finish u in ten minutes if u try to impress them wit vocabs. UR DRESSING, be modest! Project defence is no fashion show! Beware! The panelist can be very religious peeps and u dnt want to get on their nerves wit revealin wears, so be very very careful, infact, dress like a female banker. Wishin u a successful outin dear. Where r u doin ur Masters? I'm doin mine in Uniben. Cheers
Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
I'm certain you're well informed about your research topic, then you have no problems. Just walk in and prove yourself. They can't know better than u always. Act like u're lecturing those who aren't as knowledgeable.
Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by Preciousgirl(f): 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2013
Thanks all so far, though i need more, Go d bless you all

2 Likes

Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:27pm On Jul 08, 2013
Preciousgirl:

What? If all these isn't enough then get DRUNK before going in for the seminar!

Abi na post u dey find?
Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by tellwsdom: 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
Preciousgirl: my Research is on discrimination and it is for a master's degree in human rights
i am doing a qualitative research, using interviews and observations and a case study.
please, i am jittery and need help on how to successfully defend my proposal.

Please seun, or moderators, please kindly move this to the frontpage so experts on research will help me. Thank you in advance.

Use YOBO defend am undecided
Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by albacete(m): 6:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
Preciousgirl:

Oliver Twist
*singing M.I's track*
baby u should gimme some more oo aiii

baby u should gimme some more oo o
baby u should gimme some more oo aiii

baby u should gimme some more oo o.
Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by Bolt2011(m): 6:42pm On Jul 08, 2013
Try to know the subject matter like the back of your palms.
Be sure of your Title, Objectives and Methodology
Get your friends to ask you the possible questions that may be raised at the defence
Believe in yourself and answer all question with confidence

Best of luck
Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by Nobody: 4:13am On Jul 09, 2013
Defending Proposal or defending the main project??.

If your defending proposal i dnt think its lots of work. Jst go through your topic/thesis whichever. You jst have to prove to them that u have a reason for selecting that out of many,what u intend to achieve and how u intend to go abt it. I belv by now u must have read wide about
the topic.

GOODLUCK GAL.
Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by Presbulg(m): 9:53am On Aug 02, 2013
E be lyk say na same problem wey i dey face be dz, if i no improve before my own time comes, na to shayo small dey my mind
Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by bellong: 10:06am On Aug 02, 2013
Presbulg: E be lyk say na same problem wey i dey face be dz, if i no improve before my own time comes, na to shayo small dey my mind

Shayo will only compound your problem because you will be out of your mind and be talking jargon. Go through the thread, start practising the art of public speaking and presentation ahead.

There is no big deal in seminar/thesis defence.
Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by overhypedsteve(m): 8:00am On Jan 09, 2018
31 Academic Research Project Defense Questions and How To Answer Them. view all the tips you need to make a compelling project defense
Re: Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help by overhypedsteve(m): 12:47pm On Jan 13, 2018
aniiii:
http://www.susanbbentley.com/the-shy-girls-guide-to-kicking-ass-at-presentations/

www.jonathoncolman.org/2013/01/07/a-guide-to-public-speaking-for-introverted-and-shy-people/

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/7-little-tricks-to-speak-in-public-with-no-fear.html

Op, I recommend these websites. Check it out and GOODLUCK !!!
please ma. we would appreciate your recommendations next time and if possible help us to share this article. we believe in your opinion and we would be very happy to know that intelligent persons like you have recommended our website.
you can visit our website and see the great job we are doing @ https://runmyresearch.com thank you ma.

(1) (Reply)

See These Cute Kids In Walking Dead Photo-shoot. / Happy Birthday Laveda!!!! / Linguoapp : Providing Text To Speech For Igbo, Yoruba And 15+ Nigerian Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.