Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,085 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. (1086 Views)

Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag / Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja / Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. (2) (3) (4)

Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
1) A well thought out plan of where you want to visit. It is not wise to allow a local to suggest places for you

to visit; it could be a set up. It is much better to have a plan of places you want to see, when you want see them, and

how you will get there. This should eliminate the element of surprise.

2) Bribe money- If you are a foreigner that’s wishing to travel to Nigeria, especially for the first time, I

would suggest you allocate a little bit of money for corrupt officials and police. Trying to get around this will make

your stay very difficult. Either you are going for vacation or business; somebody will collect something from you.

3) A friend or family member that lives there. There are some countries you can travel to without knowing anybody

there, but Nigeria is not one of them. I would suggest you travel with a friend, or at least know somewhere there

before traveling (unless you are a fan of being kidnapped).

4) medications- Unless you are bringing your own food, I would suggest you bring some medications with you; the

food is totally different they what you are used too. You will have diarrhea, indigestion, and maybe heartburn if you

try the local foods. Even Nigerians that have been abroad for long have to bring medications whit them.
Re: Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. by Gudintent: 7:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
I agree with 1-3

Not fully subscribing to 4

Re: Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 08, 2013
@knowitall.......your number(2) . really got me laughing......don't let the Nigerian police read this , because if you arrive Nigeria, they will put you in the cell for exposing them....lolz....
Mr knowitall.:
1) A well thought out plan of where you want to visit. It is not wise to allow a local to suggest places for you

to visit; it could be a set up. It is much better to have a plan of places you want to see, when you want see them, and

how you will get there. This should eliminate the element of surprise.

2) Bribe money- If you are a foreigner that’s wishing to travel to Nigeria, especially for the first time, I

would suggest you allocate a little bit of money for corrupt officials and police. Trying to get around this will make

your stay very difficult. Either you are going for vacation or business; somebody will collect something from you.

3) A friend or family member that lives there. There are some countries you can travel to without knowing anybody

there, but Nigeria is not one of them. I would suggest you travel with a friend, or at least know somewhere there

before traveling (unless you are a fan of being kidnapped).

4) medications- Unless you are bringing your own food, I would suggest you bring some medications with you; the

food is totally different they what you are used too. You will have diarrhea, indigestion, and maybe heartburn if you

try the local foods. Even Nigerians that have been abroad for long have to bring medications whit them.
Re: Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. by Goldie20: 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hahaha.. Oh lawwd this Guy lol.. cheesy
Re: Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
Gudintent: I agree with 1-3

Not fully subscribing to 4

Four is very true...its actually the one I agree with most...
Re: Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. by Chinwem(f): 11:48pm On Jul 08, 2013
Mosquito repellant spray

Re: Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 09, 2013
Chinwem: Mosquito repellant spray

Thats a good one..i didnt think of that..

Re: Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 09, 2013
I agree with the medication bit. The last time I visited I refused to go with antibiotics and have all my necessary medications like anti-malaria and so on. My people advised me to go with these but I refused and convinced myself that I would survive after all once a Lagos babe always a Lagos babe. Mehnnnn I saw hell, I came back here and could not walk, talk, sleep or work for weeks. I was completely down. Next time, no be Igbo them go use tell white man to arrange himself. I learnt the hard way
Re: Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:23am On Jul 09, 2013
**Touch light** in case PHCN misbehave.....lolz
Re: Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. by euromoney(f): 8:49am On Jul 09, 2013
makes sense!
Re: Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. by euromoney(f): 8:50am On Jul 09, 2013
ogakpatakpata: **Touch light** in case PHCN misbehave.....lolz
Re: Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. by Tgud3: 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2013
Extra change for the area boys ... Shey kowale
Re: Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
Add sun cream to the list tongue
Re: Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. by Ifetex(m): 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
@ OP u are an enemy 2 ur mother land y ?
Re: Some Things A Foreigner Should Have When Traveling To Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ifetex: @ OP u are an enemy 2 ur mother land y ?

what do you mean am an enemy to my mother land?

Some Unique and Interesting Tourist Destination Spots In Nigeria. / Enugu, The Coal City. / U.s Intending Immigrants, Under The (f1, F2b, F3 And F4 Categories).lets Discuss