Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Kanoute Vows To Help Disabled Man During Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Kanoute Vows To Help Disabled Man During Ramadan (462 Views)

Before Ramadan: Renewing Our Vows With The Quran / ISIS Vows To Destroy Mecca’s Kaaba, “kill Those Who Worship Stones / Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kanoute Vows To Help Disabled Man During Ramadan by faroukbabs: 9:52am On Jul 09, 2013
Kanoute vows to help disabled man during Ramadan

The former Sevilla striker has offered to lend his support to a disabled Muslim man who cannot afford to pay for his extra care during Ramadan

Footballer Frederic Kanoute has offered to pay for a disabled man's extra care during Ramadan following a local council's refusal to do so.

Imraan Adam, 26, suffers from Cerebral Palsy and needs support to help him eat, drink and pray in the early hours of the morning before fasting.

Mr Adam, who recently obtained a first-class journalism degree from the University of Derby, needs an additional two hours of care which would cost Derby City Council a reported extra £30 a day - a sum which they claim they cannot afford.

Kanoute, 35, who plays for Beijing Guoan, hearing of the news tweeted on Monday: "I need contact of br Imraan Adam from Derby. I want to pay for his extra care during Ramadan to help him fast."

Mr Adam already receives about £2,000 in support but told the BBC: "I can't do anything with my hands and I need to be physically fed. It means I have to come up with the money myself - or I can't fast."

Observing Ramadan is considered one of the five Pillars of Islam and only in special circumstances can Muslim adults be excused from fasting.

However, Councillor Mark Tittley told the BBC: "Given the extremely challenging financial position the council is in, and the substantial level of support Mr Adam already receives, it has not been possible to offer this extra support again this year.

"There is capacity in the support currently in place to adjust the timing and/or duration of calls to support the changing pattern of his day when observing Ramadan."

Mr Adam and the council are due to meet on Tuesday to discuss arrangements.

(1) (Reply)

Islam...why The Confusions And Disunity? / Short Advice For All / Should I Repeat The Prayer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.