Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Thy Will Be Done: God's Will Or Man's Will? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thy Will Be Done: God's Will Or Man's Will? (789 Views)

Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / The Real Prophet Or Man Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thy Will Be Done: God's Will Or Man's Will? by plaetton: 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
In the lord's prayer, Jesus said " Let thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven".
We usually end most of our prayers with phrase " Let thy will be done".

But on the other hand, I have seen many christian champions here on NL and outside, argue passionately that god gave man free will and that it is man's misuse of his freewill that has created evil, confusion and great suffering on Earth.

When bad things happen to us, we resign and accept them as God's will.

So my question to Christians is:
Who is the ultimate controller of destiny, man's use of his freewill or god's supreme will?
Where does god's will start and end, and where does man's freewill take over, and visa versa?

2 Likes

Re: Thy Will Be Done: God's Will Or Man's Will? by bolaino(m): 12:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
Nicely written @ op, oya christians make una come talk for the mata.
Re: Thy Will Be Done: God's Will Or Man's Will? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2013
Christians will run away from this thread like flies run away from kerosene.

OP, You wan give them long term migraine or what? cheesy
Re: Thy Will Be Done: God's Will Or Man's Will? by Emusan(m): 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
I will only quote two verses from Romans and leave it for you to mediate upon because I know you love Bible study very well.

Roman 9:16&19 "16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy."

"19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?"
Re: Thy Will Be Done: God's Will Or Man's Will? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
Emusan: I will only quote two verses from Romans and leave it for you to mediate upon because I know you love Bible study very well.

Roman 9:16&19 "16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy."

"19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?"

Please stop right there.

The OP asked two simple questions which you are dodging and are trying to derail this thread with irrelevant quotes.

plaetton: So my question to Christians is:
Who is the ultimate controller of destiny, man's use of his freewill or god's supreme will?
Where does god's will start and end, and where does man's freewill take over, and visa versa?
Re: Thy Will Be Done: God's Will Or Man's Will? by tpia5: 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2013
If the satanist wants to take over the thread, then why still expecting christians to answer?

Obviously, some of you are just looking for ways to display your uncouthness, nl does give you a platform to do that.
Re: Thy Will Be Done: God's Will Or Man's Will? by DeepSight(m): 3:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
plaetton: In the lord's prayer, Jesus said " Let thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven".

But on the other hand, I have seen many christian champions here on NL and outside, argue passionately that god gave man free will and that it is man's misuse of his freewill that has created evil, confusion and great suffering on Earth.

Read the Grail Message. Only in that book can a sensible answer to this question be found.
Re: Thy Will Be Done: God's Will Or Man's Will? by frank317: 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
Deep Sight:

Read the Grail Message. Only in that book can a sensible answer to this question be found.

Does this mean there is no answer to this in the bible?

Five people are involved in an accident,

The first person comes out harmless - thank God for rescuing me

The second person comes out with a broken leg and hand - thank God for keepin me alive(indirectly saying, thank you God for allowing only my leg to break)

The third person looses both leg, arm, and sight - thank God for keeping me keeping me alive (even though I am better of dead)

The fourth person is in comma - prayer worriors are busy trying to revive him, calling on God to bring him back to live (meanwhile his counter parts are giving the same God glory)

The fift person is dead - it is the will of God

But in conclusion accident is the work of the devil, while God determines the situation of casualties.

Or is everyting God's will? Or devil's will? Or man's misuse of freedom?

5 Likes

Re: Thy Will Be Done: God's Will Or Man's Will? by plaetton: 5:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
cool
frank3.16:

Does this mean there is no answer to this in the bible?

Five people are involved in an accident,

The first person comes out harmless - thank God for rescuing me

The second person comes out with a broken leg and hand - thank God for keepin me alive(indirectly saying, thank you God for allowing only my leg to break)

The third person looses both leg, arm, and sight - thank God for keeping me keeping me alive (even though I am better of dead)

The fourth person is in comma - prayer worriors are busy trying to revive him, calling on God to bring him back to live (meanwhile his counter parts are giving the same God glory)

The fift person is dead - it is the will of God

But in conclusion accident is the work of the devil, while God determines the situation of casualties.

Or is everyting God's will? Or devil's will? Or man's misuse of freedom?

Excellent. Exactly my line of thoughts.
Re: Thy Will Be Done: God's Will Or Man's Will? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
Troll for Jesus is here! Did the real Jesus make you ask this or you are so obsessed with the Mythical Jesus?
Re: Thy Will Be Done: God's Will Or Man's Will? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
tpia@:
If the satanist wants to take over the thread, then why still expecting christians to answer?

Obviously, some of you are just looking for ways to display your uncouthness, nl does give you a platform to do that.

Please don't derail. Answer the question.
Re: Thy Will Be Done: God's Will Or Man's Will? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Please don't derail. Answer the question.
why should we answer since you dont believe in a mythical Jesus, if we answer its a myth, if we dont, its still mythical true you wont do anything becos its all a myth! Do you believe myths exist? cool
Re: Thy Will Be Done: God's Will Or Man's Will? by AMONG144: 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
God is the ultimate controller of destiny
Isaiah 55:8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.
Today, most people that claim to be Christians never want the will of God in their life, some call it children prayer but we must learn from our Lord Jesus Christ who submitted himself to the perfect will of God. At times our will is not perfect for us. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

In Acts 9, Jesus appears to Saul of Tarsus with an interesting statement: “It is hard for you to kick against the goads” (verse 5). Jesus obviously had a plan for Saul, and Saul had been (painfully) resisting it. Exercising our freedom against God’s plan can be painful.
Bible teaches that God is in charge. At the same time, He has given us the freedom to obey or disobey Him. I have absolute faith in God and his will is the best for
Re: Thy Will Be Done: God's Will Or Man's Will? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
plaetton: In the lord's prayer, Jesus said " Let thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven".

YOU ERR NOT KNOWING SCRIPTURES. LET THEY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN IS A FUTURE SECOND COMING PROPHESY WHEN ORDER AND RIGHTEOUSNESS WILL BE ESTABLISHED ON EARTH. THAT IS NOT HAPPENING YET. RIGHT NOW WE HAVE THE FREEWILL TO FORK UP AS MANY TIMES AS WE WANT AND CAN EXPECT TO GET WHOOPED AS MANY TIMES AS WE FORK UP BY GOD. HOWEVER WHEN THAT KINGDOM IS ESTABLISHED ON EARTH, EVERYONE WHO MAKES IT WILL COMPLY BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SIN. YOUR SPIRIT WILL BE MADE UNILATERAL AS OPPOSED TO BILATERAL. WHEN BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO US NOW, THATS THE LORD WHOOPING YOUR BUTT FOR THE CRIME YOU DID WITH YOUR FREE-WILL

WHO IS THE ULTIMATE CONTROLLER OF DESTINY ? YOU ARE IF YOU ARE NOT A MORAL PERSON. HOWEVER EXPECT YOUR DESTINY TO BE AFFECTED BY THE PAYBACKS OF YOUR FORK-UPS. LIKE IF YOU LIKE COMMITING ADULTERY, THEN THE LORD CAN REPAY YOU WITH SENDING SOMEONE TO CRUSH YOUR LEGS IN AN ACCIDENT ETC AND YOU BECOME A VEGETABLE FOR LIFE. IF YOU ARE A MORAL PERSON THEN GOD RECRUITS YOU AS HIS SOLDIER ON EARTH AND THEN HE GUIDES YOU AND PROTECTS YOU. YOU ARE A PAWN IN HIS HAND. SO WHO CONTROLS YOUR DESTINY DEPENDS ON IF YOU ARE FOR OR AGAINST THE LORD. IF YOU ARE FOR HIM ? HE CONTROLS IT. IF YOU ARE AGAINST HIM ? HE LETS YOU SELF DESTRUCT

(1) (Reply)

Letter To The Atheists Here!!! / I Am Still Moving Forward Despite All! / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Finally Speaks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.