Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Why People Don’t Like You: The Truth About Why People Hate You - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why People Don’t Like You: The Truth About Why People Hate You (4830 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Wrong Reasons Why People Marry / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why People Don’t Like You: The Truth About Why People Hate You by Abujafood: 10:22am On Jul 10, 2013
[img]http://www.google.com.ng/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.socialanxietyhome.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Why-do-people-hate-me.jpg&sa=X&ei=DibdUYPMIJCY1AXyzoGgAQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Og&usg=AFQjCNE-tnH7G6sIUvUXclXqZUFtATw1VA[/img]

If you happen to be a victim of hate or dislike just like every other person with two legs and one head, then I guess you fancy this hub for one thing: the truth and nothing but the truth. You may wonder why people can’t just learn to like and love every other person – come to think of it if everyone ought to like and love what about you, I mean you reading this article, how many people do you like or hate? I guess liking or hating anyone is almost compulsory, I am yet to find anyone who loves everybody and hates nobody.

But that is not why I am here, I want to talk about common reasons for disliking or hating other people such as our friends (some of us do), neighbors, colleagues, in-laws, what have you, you know what I am talking about don’t you?

Good Reasons why people don’t like you

If by chance you discover people don’t like you for any of these reasons, then it’s your fault they don’t like you. You have an attitude problem and really need help. Go and check yourself and make sure you are okay first before trying to make up or live with other decent people.

1. You Brag often

For you the loud mouthed person, you will discover people don’t like you because you can’t help but brag about things that really don’t mean much in terms of how honorable or dignifying you are. You have an expensive car so what! How does that affect the price of beef in the market? Better to disturb yourself and people like you because left to me, your fancy car and the noise you bring with it only disturbs my peace. I’ll rather find time watching television than to listen to your empty boasts so leave me alone and don’t bother me with your expensive stuff or so called achievements. They don’t make you a better person or improve my life in any way.

2. You Talk too much

What can be more annoying than someone who tells people everything, including ugly details of another person’s life? I for one can’t stand people who can’t see beyond their nose when it comes to keeping quiet and talking about only those things that are appropriate and necessary. Must I know what someone did when she was all by herself in the shower? Next time you are around me I’ll be careful to watch my tongue and my back as well.

3. You tell a lot of lies

Bloody liars are everyone’s nightmare including fellow liars. No one, not even liars like to have a liar around them. How am I sure you haven’t lied to me about what you were up to last week at the office when it seemed you where actually trying to nail me with stuff you made up about me? You smile to my face every time but you lie often about almost anything that you have a stake in may be to cover up your mistakes or to take me down. Whatever the case, I don’t feel secure around you and especially don’t like you.

4. You are ill mannered

Do you know how to insult people very well especially with clever sarcastic lines? You are a good candidate for hate. When people talk to you, do you make them feel inferior or unimportant with your bad manners? Do you ignore people, act rashly, flare up and spew poison from your lips? You are on course to being hated.

5. You are selfish

Me myself and I are my best friends mentality for you the selfish type. Have my way at another person’s expense what do I care if they suffer for it. Nobody wants to suffer but your selfishness causes another man to suffer and that is why he doesn’t like you.

6. You are lazy

When working in groups or teams failing to do your part of the team’s work will leave gaps that others have to fill up. That is not nice considering how inconsiderate and troublesome you are coming off as, that reputation will cause others to resent you.

7. You are quarrelsome

You are quick to pick a fight for flimsy reasons, guess who wouldn’t like you? Everyone who sees you immaturity, not only those who have quarreled with before but other people who just realize that you are anything but worthy of being liked.

8. You are condescending

The more you look down on others by your ‘superior’ attitude or superiority complex, the more people will like you less. See all men from their human perspectives and learn to accept them rather than seeing how you can bring them down so as to feel superior.

Bad Reasons for hating people

If on the other hand people don’t like you and you discover it’s for any of the following reasons then you are okay, it is your haters who have issues, they are the ones who need help.

1. You are unique/odd

No two men are alike that is why our finger prints and DNA are different. Likewise our personal attributes and experiences, our goals and destinies. Some of us are very different not like most people, their uniqueness is so obvious that they become odd. Such people may be disliked because they are not understood.

2. You are more successful than most people

Envy and covetousness are signs of a selfish, weak and foolish person. If people hate you for what you have it means you are okay and they are not, they need help. Their insecurity is their curse. Being successful (sometimes wealth is seen as success) is often a reason to hate for fools. If you are successful in your profession or social life and you are hated for that reason then that’s cool.

3. You are honest

An honest man has few friends because frankly speaking not many people want to hear the truth about themselves. Being direct or blunt would mean people will have to express so many emotions and thoughts they would rather keep bottled up, so they may not like you for making them feel so uncomfortable.

4. You aren’t who they want you to be

If people would rather want you to be like them before they like you then sure enough they are at fault. They are only being selfish and arrogant and I don’t see why being liked by people like that should mean anything to you.

Final thoughts

So where do you see yourself, if you are liked by people it may be for the wrong reasons that shouldn’t make you feel cool on the other hand if people don’t like you for the wrong reasons, that is really cool. Overall it makes sense for me to be liked for the right reasons but disliked/hated for the wrong reasons, that means I am okay but that doesn’t mean I am perfect I definitely still need to work on myself.

Source: http://www.abujafood.com/people/people-a-relationships/1270-why-people-dont-like-you-the-truth-about-why-people-hate-you.html
Re: Why People Don’t Like You: The Truth About Why People Hate You by mgbeketoto: 7:30am On Jul 11, 2013
Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhm. . . .I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE EITHER! kiss
I deal with ISSUES. . . NOT PEOPLE.
Too bad. . .People have wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwway to many issues! My only business with them! kiss

People hated JESUS CHRIST too!
No big deal. kiss
As long as I have my MEN. . .SIBLINGS. . .AND CHILDREN. . . FAMILY. . . .the world can keep hating.
NOT MY GADDEM BUSINESS!
I ain't Jesus Christ that needs DISCIPLES or APOSTLES!
THIS IS AMERICA. . . YOU DON'T NEED 'PEOPLE'! YOU ONLY NEED A FAMILY!!! cool

STOP THE NEEDINESS. . . GET YOURS. . . DON'T KILL YOURS! cool

LOVE YOURSELF FIRST!!!! cool
Re: Why People Don’t Like You: The Truth About Why People Hate You by Abujafood: 10:16am On Jul 11, 2013
^^^^^^

Hope you're not missing the point, it's not about trying to make people love you but understanding the real reasons people hate!
Re: Why People Don’t Like You: The Truth About Why People Hate You by RoyalRoy(m): 10:40am On Jul 11, 2013
Abujafood: ^^^^^^

Hope you're not missing the point, it's not about trying to make people love you but understanding the real reasons people hate!

Hehehe......u never jam Mgbeketoto...a.k.a Jellitah...Calloti de halloti.!!!!!!

@Post....makes so much sense!
Re: Why People Don’t Like You: The Truth About Why People Hate You by mgbeketoto: 11:35am On Jul 11, 2013
Abujafood: ^^^^^^

You missed the point.
People will always hate USING THE REASONS you listed in your original post.
The main issue is ARE THEY SIGNIFICANT IN YOUR LIFE?
If not. . .WHY SHOULD YOU CARE? kiss

JESUS CHRIST WAS HATED AND KILLED!
Q.E.D! kiss
If mankind can HATE AND KILL A SO-CALLED SAVIOR AND BENEVOLENT SPIRIT. . . A WHOLE 'SON OF GOD'?. . . .
WHAT CHANCES DO YOU HAVE? cheesy

The fact that people lack tolerance. . .and are filled with HATE. . .regardless does not make it a problem.

E BADU BELLE AND E JOLOSI. . .NA HATE! BLAME THE HATER. . . ! kiss

Tolerance is the key! If everyone would mind his or her business. . . the world would have LESS HATE!

May "THEIR LORD JESUS" not have to die 20 more times! Iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Mu che che che che che che che

Bottom line:
IT IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR THE RIGHT PEOPLE THAT COUNT TO LIKE YOU. . .NOT CHAFF! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Alpha Male Vs Baby Mama Wahala In My Street ! / My Baby Eats Too Much. / Sister In Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.