Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian (20325 Views)

Majek Fashek Strips To perform At Felabration (Photos) / Majek Fashek Is Back, Leaves Rehab For The First Time (photos) / Help Majek Fashek Is A Walking Corpse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by emmalezy(m): 11:34am On Jul 10, 2013
The Rainmaker, Majek Fashek, is now a new creature. The iconic musician who has been battling alcohol and drug addictions for sometime has finally given his life to Christ.

The troubled entertainer from whose fecund imagination emanated hit songs like Send Down The Rain, Holy Spirit, I&I Experience and so on publicly embraced Christ on Sunday, June 23, 2013. This was at the Christ Miracle Church Mission, situated at Iyasuna Crescent, off Ishola Bello Street, Ojodu, Lagos.

The church is being led by Prophet Peter Abiola Adebisi, JP. The Edo born musician had attended the church’s 7 Sundays of Anointing for Breakthrough Service for the first time, and got converted. Members of the church were thrown into joy afterwards. In fact, nearly all of them rejoiced with him. Especially when Majek was handed the microphone to do a song.

The song he chose to sing for the congregation was one of his classics, Holy Spirit. And as he did tears of joy streamed down some of the members’ faces!

YES International! could however not ascertain whether or not the Reggae music king in Nigeria has been regular in church since then. Or even whether some ministers from CMCM have been following up on him lest he backslides again. Majek Fashek, obviously in his 50s, about two decades ago, dominated the Nigerian music scene. A total musician, he could sing, play the guitar and also the keyboard.

Starting out as a member of the Jahstix band, his debut album, Prisoner of Conscience, catapulted his career and life to the zenith. Then, he was still with the defunct Tabansi Records and had Architect Aig Igiehon as his manager. He crossed over to Sony Music – and while there recorded albums like I & I Experience – featuring popular numbers like Mama Dede, Majek Fashek Inna New York and so on.

His wife, Rita and one of his sons, Randy are believed to still reside in America from where his addiction problem is believed to have begun. Now living from hand to mouth, Majek has been a shadow of his old self since his return.
http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/22405/58/majek-fashek-turns-born-again-gives-life-to-christ.html
source : http://reportnaija.com/majek-fashek-turns-born-again-christian/

Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by Orikinla(m): 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
Somebody shout HALLELUJAH!

6 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by sinmisolaoluwa: 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
TO GOD BE THE GLORY

4 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by adeshina86: 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
Thank God 4 his life..
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by Ajasnoop: 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
if he smells Igbo or Big stout, you will have to reconvert him again

5 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by bigx(m): 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
Confusion
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by dedons: 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
Heaven rejoices over a soul that is won...

Hope the church do a good follow-up on him

finally,first to comment

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by TeenageMoney(m): 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
Wake me Up when He stops smoking Weed

3 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
♫♫♫♫Mama mama mamayo, yaga yaga yagayo, send down the rain...♫♫♫♫

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by supaeagles(m): 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
Better late than never ....... (Listen to : 'send down the rain' ).

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by CHIDONE: 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
No be small thing oooo.When I repented nobody knew I repented.well thnkGod the prodigal son is back
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by maskid(m): 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
so? make we fly?
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by SuyaEater(m): 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
Teenage Money: Wake me Up when He stops smoking Weed

Weed doesnt make you like that...its cocaine/heroin

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by Dagoma: 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
Just confussionist.
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by Ijawboi(m): 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
Make I burn weed for him head.
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by TeenageMoney(m): 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
SuyaEater:

Weed doesnt make you like that...its cocaine/heroin

Here in the Ghetto, Both Cocain, Heroin, Marijuana are all regarded as Weed
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by Kx: 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
This is good news.
This shud not stop them from encouraging him to be serious with rehab o.
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by KingsleyOGBITI(m): 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
This
is
good
to
hear.
What
do
think..
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by supaeagles(m): 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
Teenage Money: Here in the Ghetto, Both Cocain, Heroin, Marijuana are all regarded as Weed
it is about time the ghetto learns the difference then wink

4 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by effisyman: 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
tank God if true
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by iamswizz(m): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
[size=18pt]if i hear[/size]
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by dady12: 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
there is joy in heaven for a soul that convert to christ than many living in sin;have mercy on him O lord

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by Blackboss: 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2013
majek pls dont die on us. we love u. repentace to heaven.congrat
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2013
I bet it that this guy has just been told by his doctors he can't live for the next 6months.

Sharp guy think so tay he think make he cheat Jesus..

Whether he succeeded or not, i go tell u if i reach heaven and i see am in the next 60yrs from now.

Stay tunned to nairaland!

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2013
Nairaland gangsters, my thread was up a whole day before this but this made frontpage.

https://www.nairaland.com/1353101/majek-fashek-turns-born-again

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by Mayany(m): 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
I pray the true rain of repentant be sent to you amen
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by Lilimax(f): 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2013
blink182: Nairaland gangsters, my thread was up a whole day before this but this made frontpage.

Pele grin
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by texaco1: 2:34pm On Jul 10, 2013
Blackboss: majek pls dont die on us. we love u. repentace to heaven.congrat
This post is contradictory
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by texaco1: 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
undecided
All na business strategy,I am sure he will release an album now and at least 500k christians will buy the album he knows where his potential market is
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by cuteshade(f): 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2013
Am happy for this man,all your lost glory shall be given unto u, all the devil plans
against ur life shall be destroyed,those that speak evil of you then would celebrate God in ur life and u wil nt go back into drugs again in God's name. amen
Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by Chanchit: 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2013
blink182: Nairaland gangsters, my thread was up a whole day before this but this made frontpage.

don't mind those mod's, they are just like our goverment.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Is Now A Born-Again Christian by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
Now he has accepted Christ can someone give this guy good food to eat

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Appreciate Pete Edochie - Juliet Ibrahim / Walter Anga's Wife Shares Maternity Photos After Welcoming Baby Girl / Damilola Adegbite Glows In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.