Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. (6991 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? / Is This Really Happening In Church Today? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 9:23am On Jul 12, 2013
I went to see my elder sister and her hubby on tuesday evening. As I was there, a church(Lord's Chosen) on their street was holding a service and the speakers blasting around the area(as usual among Nigerian churches). I was baffled to hear the leading minister telling them to pray against all their enemies, that madness and poverty should befall them and their children's children up to their fourth generation. Come and hear the volume of prayers. What sort of rubbish is going on in churches? Now when they started singing, here are the words of their song- "the God of my pastor's power, answer me". This really got me worried and sad. Is this what Jesus said we should do? Brethren how do we arrest this ugly developments in the end time church? Things are getting out of hand. Meanwhile Jesus is coming soon.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 9:42am On Jul 12, 2013
What's wrong with that? I thought you were of the opinion that anybody can interpret the Christian faith any way they please. That's their own interpretation. Why do you declare it "bad?" Who made you a judge or authority over them?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:10am On Jul 12, 2013
alexleo: I went to see my elder sister and her hubby on tuesday evening. As I was there, a church(Lord's Chosen) on their street was holding a service and the speakers blasting around the area(as usual among Nigerian churches). I was baffled to hear the leading minister telling them to pray against all their enemies, that madness and poverty should befall them and their children's children up to their fourth generation. Come and hear the volume of prayers. What sort of rubbish is going on in churches? Now when they started singing, here are the words of their song- "the God of my pastor's power, answer me". This really got me worried and sad. Is this what Jesus said we should do? Brethren how do we arrest this ugly developments in the end time church? Things are getting out of hand. Meanwhile Jesus is coming soon.

You need to visit a Satanists Gathering.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 11:03am On Jul 12, 2013
italo: What's wrong with that? I thought you were of the opinion that anybody can interpret the Christian faith any way they please. That's their own interpretation. Why do you declare it "bad?" Who made you a judge or authority over them?

Exactly! Are they no longer a "Bible believing" Church? The last time I checked, they call themselves that.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 11:08am On Jul 12, 2013
italo: What's wrong with that? I thought you were of the opinion that anybody can interpret the Christian faith any way they please. That's their own interpretation. Why do you declare it "bad?" Who made you a judge or authority over them?

Not in cases where the bible clearly stated that we should love our enemies and pray for them that persecute us. What other interpretations are you looking for in this one and what is the judgement there? Anyway some of you are just here to make noise rather than contribute to an issue.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 11:12am On Jul 12, 2013
Syncan:

Exactly! Are they no longer a "Bible believing" Church? The last time I checked, they call themselves that.

You are making noise. Who said they are not bible believing? You ve not contributed to the issue at hand. We are not here to defend catholic or any church. Contribute or back out. Nothing wrong with backing out.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 11:20am On Jul 12, 2013
alexleo:

You are making noise. Who said they are not bible believing? You ve not contributed to the issue at hand. We are not here to defend catholic or any church. Contribute or back out. Nothing wrong with backing out.

Why are you complaining about a "Bible believing" church reading Psalm 109? Well since you don't want me on your post, I am "backing out".
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 11:40am On Jul 12, 2013
Syncan:

Why are you complaining about a "Bible believing" church reading Psalm 109?

Why! Why!! Why!!!
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 11:51am On Jul 12, 2013
Syncan:

Why are you complaining about a "Bible believing" church reading Psalm 109? Well since you don't want me on your post, I am "backing out".

Yeah I ve read the psalm you quoted. Read Matthew 5:44-46 and Luke 6:27-29.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Tgirl4real(f): 12:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
alexleo: I went to see my elder sister and her hubby on tuesday evening. As I was there, a church(Lord's Chosen) on their street was holding a service and the speakers blasting around the area(as usual among Nigerian churches). I was baffled to hear the leading minister telling them to pray against all their enemies, that madness and poverty should befall them and their children's children up to their fourth generation. Come and hear the volume of prayers. What sort of rubbish is going on in churches? Now when they started singing, here are the words of their song- "the God of my pastor's power, answer me". This really got me worried and sad. Is this what Jesus said we should do? Brethren how do we arrest this ugly developments in the end time church? Things are getting out of hand. Meanwhile Jesus is coming soon.

It's really a sad situation.

What I usually tell them when they go screaming fire and brimstone on their enemies is to ask them how they would feel if such prayers are prayed for them cos some people also consider them as their own enemy.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 12:15pm On Jul 12, 2013
italo:

Why! Why!! Why!!!

Hahahaha..... Italo the catholic defender. I know that's the summary of your why raise to the power 3. .
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 12:27pm On Jul 12, 2013
Tgirl4real:

It's really a sad situation.

What I usually tell them when they go screaming fire and brimstone on their enemies is to ask them how they would feel if such prayers are prayed for them cos some people also consider them as their own enemy.

Yes my dear. I wonder whether they read the message of Christ about love or are they just trying to satisfy members of their congregation, most of whom are there to seek spiritual revenge on their neighbours that they are having quarrels with. Some may also be doing it out of ignorance. Wonder how those ones can be reached and enlightened more on the need to change. We are all brethren and I think where we see any acting wrongly we can help out in LOVE and not as perfect people. Knowing fully well that there are areas we are also failing.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
There are different ministries and different callings. We wrestle not against flesh, but against principalities and power.

Oga Alex, leave em o and mind ur ministry.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Tgirl4real(f): 12:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
Yea, we should be an example.

alexleo:

Yes my dear. I wonder whether they read the message of Christ about love or are they just trying to satisfy members of their congregation, most of whom are there to seek spiritual revenge on their neighbours that they are having quarrels with. Some may also be doing it out of ignorance. Wonder how those ones can be reached and enlightened more on the need to change. We are all brethren and I think where we see any acting wrongly we can help out in LOVE and not as perfect people. Knowing fully well that there are areas we are also failing.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by flourishG(m): 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
Mr Alex is a good man for da topic.it's only in Judaism you see such preachers not in Christianity.such kinds of preacher must b aggressively stopped.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by bizmahn: 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
@op.this is some of the imperfections existing in churches i spoke about.Name the church & i'll show you pitfalls worse than this.Every church is affected & MFM spearheaded the enemy die fire spreading in churches now.If you ask them they say the devil is the enemy.But I witness that the chosen though very young in bible knowledge is zealous in pursuit of sinless sanctity though with such shortfalls u mentioned.I pray that God will purge them as is already beginning to happen in their hqters.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2013
musKeeto: There are different ministries and different callings. We wrestle not against flesh, but against principalities and power.

Oga Alex, leave em o and mind ur ministry.

Hahahahaha....so are you saying there is ministry of wrestling?

Well, we wrestle not against FLESH and BLOOD. In other words we are not wresting against human. This also condemns the prayer of madness and poverty which they are praying against their supposed enemies which are human beings.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by shdemidemi(m): 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
Such event should not be a surprise to us, the bible said these things would happen: men improvising measures to stay relevant, men telling fellow men not to marry, men going ahead of the scriptures to pull crowd (seeker sensitive), gay church etc. all we as true believers can do is to share the true gospel of God to those who care to listen.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by plaetton: 2:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
alexleo:

Yeah I ve read the psalm you quoted. Read Matthew 5:44-46 and Luke 6:27-29.

Let me get this right.
The passage from Matthew and Luke are supposed to nullify the passage from psalm 109?
Anyway, carry on.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
bizmahn: @op.this is some of the imperfections existing in churches i spoke about.Name the church & i'll show you pitfalls worse than this.Every church is affected & MFM spearheaded the enemy die fire spreading in churches now.If you ask them they say the devil is the enemy.But I witness that the chosen though very young in bible knowledge is zealous in pursuit of sinless sanctity though with such shortfalls u mentioned.I pray that God will purge them as is already beginning to happen in their hqters.

Amen and may God purge all churches of every practices that is contrary to God's principles. And if we see any such practices lets point them out so that those who are ignorant will learn. Those who still wishes to continue can continue too. I ve learnt a lot from the various contributions we make in this religous section. I only wish we all could just cool down and point out errors in love, listen to other people's points and learn from them. If we realize that none of us is perfect and humble ourselves will do much better here than we are doing. Romans 12:10 says -
10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 2:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
plaetton:

Let me get this right.
The passage from Matthew and Luke are supposed to nullify the passage from psalm 109?
Anyway, carry on.

The passage in the new testament is the gospel of grace which we in this dispensation have received.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by plaetton: 2:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
alexleo:

The passage in the new testament is the gospel of grace which we in this dispensation have received.
in other words, the old testament, also the word of god, was in error, and has now been replaced by a newer words of god in the new testament?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by bizmahn: 2:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
@Alex, I agree 100%.But frosbel's case is peculiar.His subtle disguised steel hard arrogance while hiding behind believer derailing heresies as beliefs is baffling.Yet at the same time labeling wellmeaning rebutable men of God & churches like deeper life & apostolic faith as occult just because of minor shortfalls in teachings done in ignorance.Moreover you can evidently see many people he has derailed from truth with so called freedom gospel (Freedom to sin with nothing to loose).

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
bizmahn: @Alex, I agree 100%.But frosbel's case is peculiar.His subtle disguised steel hard arrogance while hiding behind believer derailing heresies as beliefs is baffling.Yet at the same time labeling wellmeaning rebutable men of God & churches like deeper life & apostolic faith as occult just because of minor shortfalls in teachings done in ignorance.Moreover you can evidently see many people he has derailed from truth with so called freedom gospel (Freedom to sin with nothing to loose).

I refuse to submit to you and your Nebuchadnezzars - smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by shdemidemi(m): 2:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
plaetton:
in other words, the old testament, also the word of god, was in error, and has now been replaced by a newer words of god in the new testament?

The Old Testament means old covenant, we are under a new covenant with God now at the death of Jesus. We are not saved by the same gospel that saved Abraham, neither are we saved by the gospel that saved Israel, we are saved by the gospel of Christ in this dispensation.

Hebrews 8

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
plaetton:

Let me get this right.
Anyway, carry on.

The passage in the new testament is the gospel of grace which we in this dispensation have received and should practice.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by plaetton: 3:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
shdemidemi:

The Old Testament means old covenant, we are under a new covenant with God now at the death of Jesus. We are not saved by the same gospel that saved Abraham, neither are we saved by the gospel that saved Israel, we are saved by the gospel of Christ in this dispensation.

Hebrews 8

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
My point exactly. You replace something old and redundant with something new and improved, especially in this case where the new nullified most of the old.
This is ok for humans, but for a perfect omni omni god, it's quite suspicious and disappointing. It means that omni omni designer and creator could not see beyond his nose that his first testament would not stand the test time and was doomed to failure.
As a matter of fact, it seems that his second testament or dispensation has also failed given that it has fractured into a thousand mangled and confusing pieces.
This thread is a testament to that fact.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by flourishG(m): 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
shdemidemi:

Hebrews 8

alexleo:

The passage in the new testament is the gospel of grace which we in this dispensation have received and should practice.

Plain and simple, the new testament is clearly different from the old. Why would God bring a new covenant if the old was to be for all ages?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
shdemidemi:

Hebrews 8

God bless you.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 12, 2013
@Alexleo

do u really believe what she said with ur stand on tithes
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Tgirl4real(f): 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
bizmahn: @Alex, I agree 100%.But frosbel's case is peculiar.His subtle disguised steel hard arrogance while hiding behind believer derailing heresies as beliefs is baffling.Yet at the same time labeling wellmeaning rebutable men of God & churches like deeper life & apostolic faith as occult just because of minor shortfalls in teachings done in ignorance.Moreover you can evidently see many people he has derailed from truth with so called freedom gospel (Freedom to sin with nothing to loose).

@ Frosbel,

Is it true you preach the last paragraph?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 7:48pm On Jul 12, 2013
Segeggs: @Alexleo

do u really believe what she said with ur stand on tithes

Yeah I believe. I don't have a rigid stand about tithe since after our extensive discussions on it here. However, I choose to continue tithing since I am not convinced to stop it but I don't condemn those who don't rather as they are led too, let them do. I always take things I hear or read to God in prayer and ask him to guide my acceptance or rejection according to his will and God has been faithful. Even when I seem to be rigid, God keeps bringing back a message in various forms till I understand it fully and accept it. But the one I am not convinced to accept I leave it. One thing I ve always known is that I ll stand before the judgement throne of God alone that's why after receiving a teaching I take it to God(who will judge me at last) to guide me properly about it. My ultimate desire is to please God and make heaven at last. If you people can calm down and we keep studying the scriptures as students, not as all-knowing masters, we will all benefit from each other by God's grace. The bashing and mudslinging we are doing here is simply a tool of distraction by the enemy, fashioned to make us lose our focus which is Jesus and being with him forever at the end. Hebrew 12:2- looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.
Thanks dear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Is Everyone Putting Jesus On Their Status?(pics) / Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? / What Is An Unbeliever/what Constitutes An Unbeliever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.