Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Can Age Or Marriage Stops Someone From Going To School Abroad? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can Age Or Marriage Stops Someone From Going To School Abroad? (525 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / OAU Stops Automatic Employment For First Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Age Or Marriage Stops Someone From Going To School Abroad? by uduoyibo(f): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
I am 29 years of age,female, I have been working for years now to take care of myself and my family as well, I have been dreaming of furthering my education. I have wrote jamb several years with no admission even when I got high score with hopes that I ll gain admission in one of the universities, it did not work out as I planned. Its has been so frustrating to me but I have never for a day kill that dream of going to school. Now, I see an International University in Uganda that is offering good courses and its a three years programme that I want to go for. My elder sister, who is a graduate, aslo married is opposing my decision seriously, that she ll not support me and that nobody in my family is going to support me. Also she is trying to blackmail me using my mother. That how is my mother going to feel if she learn that I am planning to leave nigeria just to acquire certificate. I know my mother loves me very much among her daughters but I don't want that to stop me from achieving my dream.
Secondly, she is telling me at my age, I should be thinking of marriage and getting a handwork. But to me, I don't see how three years programme ll stop me from achieving others things maybe marriage as that is her primary concern. Please I need a quick response on these as it is causing me a sleepless night.
Re: Can Age Or Marriage Stops Someone From Going To School Abroad? by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 13, 2013
Inasmuch as acquiring a university degree is important to you, I wouldn't advice you to travel to Uganda just to achieve your dream, from all statistics, Nigeria have a better Education standard than uganda
As for the marriage stuff, I don't see that as a limiting factor to your gaining further education, thank God you stated that it doesn't bother you. But even at that, you won't marry yourself and you are not a man that goes out to search for wife, relax and pray husbie will come irrespective of your age or location.
Finally, your dream to acquire further education deserves praise, but then I don't think Uganda should be your best bet if you want international certificate. Ghana should should be better or you can stay put in Nigeria but if you want it strictly international, then widen your scope.

(1) (Reply)

UNILAG ADMISSION? Check Here ! / Ozoro Post Ume Names Out / Are U Tired Of The ASUU Strike Or Are U Just Enjoying It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.