Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Is Anyone Into 'Data Entry' Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Anyone Into 'Data Entry' Business? (3279 Views)

Please Do You Know Any Geniue Data Entry Jobs Online / Need Info On A Data Entry Online Or Work At Home Job In Naija. / Quickpaid Surveys And Data Entry Jobs: Scam Or No Scam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anyone Into 'Data Entry' Business? by merchant: 4:21am On May 21, 2008
Hello Members,
I learnt there is a business called "Data entry" is anyone into this business and how does it work and is it available to Nigerians.
I will be very glad if anyone can help me out.

Cheers.
Re: Is Anyone Into 'Data Entry' Business? by okenwa(m): 8:37am On May 21, 2008
i have'nt heard of it either!
Re: Is Anyone Into 'Data Entry' Business? by seyibrown(f): 6:09pm On May 25, 2008
@poster

I tried a 'data entry' thing online some two years ago and I can tell you that it amounted to nothing. This people take money from you to start giving you this so called 'data entry jobs' and what they ask you to do is complicated, actually just a waste of time and not as simple as they make it look in thier adverts.

Don't waste your money on 'online data entry jobs'.
Re: Is Anyone Into 'Data Entry' Business? by la1(m): 12:43pm On May 27, 2008
bullsh*t, been there done that.
Re: Is Anyone Into 'Data Entry' Business? by buszsolo: 7:17pm On Jul 04, 2008
helo friend i think i can help u with it.i have some data entry sites that i can give u with u can use to earn money online.for more info call me on 07038956710.my name is bryan.
Re: Is Anyone Into 'Data Entry' Business? by kay80(m): 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2008
buszsolo:

helo friend i think i can help u with it.i have some data entry sites that i can give u with u can use to earn money online.for more info call me on 07038956710.my name is bryan.

Bryan,
Why asking the poor guy to call you before you give out the data entry sites. Or you want him to give you money? Why dont you post the sites here for all to see.

NAIRALANDERS BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Into 'Data Entry' Business? by gbengaijot(m): 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2008
@poster, I personally will not suscribe to you calling anyone before they give you more information on data entry.

Look, the data entry that requires membership are probably paid surveys and really, they do not fit into what you can do as a Nigerian. It is very simple to work online and get paid for it. SImply go to www.odesk.com and www.elance.com and you can sign up for a freelance data entry Job. Odesk does not require you to pay any membership fees at all, although you'll be required to pass a Readiness Test.

Never pay membership fees t sign up for a "work From Home" opportunity. There are a lot of scams out there. However, elance and guru.com charges you a little token per year

I wish you goodluck
Re: Is Anyone Into 'Data Entry' Business? by bomsilaga(m): 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2008
@adomuwiner
please i would welcome info on the topic so discussed
my email is bomsilaga@yahoo.com
Re: Is Anyone Into 'Data Entry' Business? by signal: 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2008
But pls, is there any way that one could make $70 - $100 a day online , pls tell me i beg
what will io have to do and how to go about it, thanks
Re: Is Anyone Into 'Data Entry' Business? by neksummi(m): 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2008
Beware of some of these so called 'Data Entry' Stuff. Someone had a horrible expereince with them.

Read the pathetic story:

"I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my message but I've recently discovered that DataEntryCompany.com is in fact a very poor and misleading Internet Marketing Strategy

On February 29th 2008, I came across a website called DataEntryCompany.com. You've probably heard of it or you wouldn't be looking at this page now. They claim that over 21,256 people worldwide who joined them are now living the life you dream of. Being curious I first googled the web for experiences others might have had with them. The articles I found all sounded surprisingly positive - gee, I now wonder who wrote these - so I registered with them, paid US$49,- using my credit card, eager to finally start making some money as promised on their website. Having received a confirmation email, I logged in on their site and started going through their instructional steps which are as follows.

Step 1.
They're of course first welcoming you to their member's area, saying they're glad that you have decided to follow your dreams of a better life and stuff like that, reminding you that this is not an hourly position and that, unlike those who work on an hourly basis, you are paid for your performance, not simply the time you invest in the program. The companies you later on choose to work with will be paying you commission. You can make money ($5 to $75) for each sale that your ad leads to.

They then ask you to check that you have what is needed to succeed, which are 4 things:
1) an active internet connection
2) concentration
3) a credit card; they suggest you keep your credit card ready in case you decide to sign up for an ad program such as Google Adwords, to help you increase your money-making potential.
4) perseverance

Step 2.
Visit ClickBank, setup a free account and tell them where all those soon-to-be-received-bank-cheques are to be sent to.

Step 3.
Setup a partner and select the industry and company you'D like to work with.

Step 4.
Have your own website. - Pardon me? What do I need my own website for?

Their explanation is that Yahoo Advertising which you will be introduced to in the next step, does not allow more than one linking partner per URL per keyword. By having your own multi-page website, you have access to many URLs and you can - as they say it - thus join many different companies to your site.

If you already have your own website, you're a step ahead of the game. If you don't, no problem. DataEntryCompany is there to help you out. They offer you your own website for $4.95 per month, saying that "that's a real steal!"

Well, I do have my own site, in fact I have several, so there's no additional cost for me there. But let's take a look at the next step, shall we?

The next step was my wake-up call and says it's necessary to sign up with Yahoo! Search Marketing which, you've guessed it, is far from free. Without going into full details as to what Yahoo! Search Marketing exactly is, I can tell you that each time a web visitor clicks on your ad, a certain amount of money is deducted from your Search Marketing account which you have to pay for.

I have setup both Yahoo! Search Marketing and Google Adwords accounts in the past when one of my previous employers asked me to and believe me, it's definitely not something you can learn in a day, let alone minutes if you're not familiar with internet marketing.

My advise is, do not get involved with DataEntryCompany.

Cheers, Danny"

You decide! There could be genuine ones but beware.

[But please, is there any way that one could make $70 - $100 a day online , please tell me i beg
what will io have to do and how to go about it, thanks ]

Yes there are ways you can make that and even more. Check the site below in my signature.
If you need an ebook that will teach you what internet biz is all about, send a mail to neksfreetips@gmail.com and a mail will be delivered to you immediately with the link to the ebook. Wish you the best.
Re: Is Anyone Into 'Data Entry' Business? by yicob(m): 10:32am On Aug 30, 2008
awoof dey run belle @ businessnaira.com
Re: Is Anyone Into 'Data Entry' Business? by neksummi(m): 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2008
Hello Uche (Metro-guy),
Yours was a nice sales page, the same old stories we read which at the end require us to pay for one 'secret' or the other discovered by some guys who are making 4,5 or 6 figure income. I would have loved to see your name in the Clickbank account you showed us as your earning evidence. I could get the same thing and put on my sales page 'cos there's no name to show whose Clickbank account it is. Show us some earnings with your name please.
I'm not bein skeptical 'cos I'm also a Net Marketer but things shown as evidence must be true evidence.

(1) (Reply)

5 Books That Will Make You Wealthy. / How I Can Help You Make Money Online (see How It Works) / 32gb Quality Memory Cards @#3000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.