Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Growing Up In An Abusive Home... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Growing Up In An Abusive Home... (1143 Views)

10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) / Did This Happen In Your Family While Growing Up? (Photo) / Why Would A Lady Remain In An Abusive Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Growing Up In An Abusive Home... by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 13, 2013
Hello, please is there any psychological effect of growing up in an abusive home....

If you grew up in an abusive home, did u face any challenges with your character and people later in life...

As a woman, will yyou still endure an abbusive marriage, if you were a product of one...

As a man, what effect did it have on you, if u were a product of one...

Thank you.
Re: Growing Up In An Abusive Home... by Theflint1(m): 9:56am On Jul 13, 2013
why u asking?
Re: Growing Up In An Abusive Home... by mgbeketoto: 9:58am On Jul 13, 2013
Now. . . what kind of abuse? cheesy
EVERY NIGERIAN CHILD GREW UP IN AN ABUSIVE HOME!
We ALL got SPANKED! kiss

Effect. . . ? LEARNING OTHER WAYS TO COMMUNICATE WITHOUT VERBAL/PHYSICAL ABUSE. . . UNLESS IT IS IN SELF DEFENSE! kiss

Please, SAY NO TO VIOLENCE!
Spanking = violence!
I DON'T SPANK MY KIDS! NEVER!
Break the NASTY CYCLE! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up In An Abusive Home... by Theflint1(m): 10:04am On Jul 13, 2013
mgbeketoto: Now. . . what kind of abuse? cheesy
We ALL got SPANKED! kiss

Effect. . . ? LEARNING OTHER WAYS TO COMMUNICATE WITHOUT VERBAL/PHYSICAL ABUSE. . . UNLESS IT IS IN SELF DEFENSE! kiss

Spanking = violence!
spanking is another angle to bringing up a child properly, jst because u don't do it don't mean its wrong

1 Like

Re: Growing Up In An Abusive Home... by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 13, 2013
Fighting amongst parents..that's what I'm talking about..
Re: Growing Up In An Abusive Home... by ameenahz(f): 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
deleted.
Re: Growing Up In An Abusive Home... by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
One of the effects is that you don't learn how to peacefully resolve issues. Except you are able to get to be with normal couples the only way you know issues are solved are by fighting.
Also there is the issue of seeing this as normal and if you meet someone who doesn't raise his/ her voice or pick fights it seems strange and you will be looking for those fights to feel "normal"

Know thhat fighting, shouting and voice raising is not normal.

Practice ways of learning to calm down when upset

Resist the temptation of becoming docile, healthy arguements are good, don't just agree with someone all the time because you want "peace".
Its okay to disagree but not to get violent and resorts to fists.
Re: Growing Up In An Abusive Home... by Cholls(m): 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
My sister why are u asking?

OH! Just seeing your name.
My sister am sorry are u not the one who needed help from depression?
What is really going on
Re: Growing Up In An Abusive Home... by mgbeketoto: 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
The flint: spanking is another angle to bringing up a child properly, jst because u don't do it don't mean its wrong

Good!
Keep spanking. . . . kiss
The reason MOST of you cannot have decent conversations without insulting others. . . just because you can't spank them!
The next thing you beat your wives like goats. . .because YOU WANT TO BRING THEM UP 'PROPERLY'!
You need to learn to differentiate between FAILED PARENTING as a result of personal failures and frustrations. . .AND PROPER DISCIPLINE(EFFECTIVE. . . NON-VIOLENT COMMUNICATION/ROLE MODELLING). . . . !

Not surprised. . . GENERATIONAL CURSES are hard to BREAK!kiss

1 Like

Re: Growing Up In An Abusive Home... by dasparrow: 8:10pm On Jul 13, 2013
BraideBraide: Hello, please is there any psychological effect of growing up in an abusive home....

If you grew up in an abusive home, did u face any challenges with your character and people later in life...

As a woman, will yyou still endure an abbusive marriage, if you were a product of one...

As a man, what effect did it have on you, if u were a product of one...

Thank you.

Of course there are a lot of negative psychological effects. I mean, how won't they be?
Re: Growing Up In An Abusive Home... by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
mgbeketoto:

Good!
Keep spanking. . . . kiss
The reason MOST of you cannot have decent conversations without insulting others. . . just because you can't spank them!
The next thing you beat your wives like goats. . .because YOU WANT TO BRING THEM UP 'PROPERLY'!
You need to learn to differentiate between FAILED PARENTING as a result of personal failures and frustrations. . .AND PROPER DISCIPLINE(EFFECTIVE. . . NON-VIOLENT COMMUNICATION/ROLE MODELLING). . . . !

Not surprised. . . GENERATIONAL CURSES are hard to BREAK!kiss

100 likes
Re: Growing Up In An Abusive Home... by lyfe(m): 12:34am On Jul 15, 2013
mgbeketoto: Now. . . what kind of abuse? cheesy
We ALL got SPANKED! kiss

Spanking = violence!

You are right, but some kids really deserve to be spanked. I would advocate spanking, but I do not support brutal spanking that leaves children with scars.
Re: Growing Up In An Abusive Home... by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 15, 2013
Cholls: My sister why are u asking?

OH! Just seeing your name.
My sister am sorry are u not the one who needed help from depression?
What is really going on
i just noticed it too.
she needs to see a shrink

(1) (Reply)

Relationhip And Single Mum / Why Is This Lady (dyt) tagging Mynd44, R231 And Idowuogbo? / Abusive Relationship!! How To Get Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.