Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,980 members, 7,956,664 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:34 PM

I Need Urgent Help On SMF Forum - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Urgent Help On SMF Forum (922 Views)

How to embed video in smf / I Want To Create Front Page In My Smf Forum / How Can I Embed Google Ads In My Smf Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Urgent Help On SMF Forum by suwailad(f): 1:13am On Jul 14, 2013
please gurus tell me how i can shift my post dates to like 2012. Its a new forum but i want to make it look old by making my posts and thread to be around 2012. any hint on what to do? urgent request
Re: I Need Urgent Help On SMF Forum by Afam4eva(m): 1:16am On Jul 14, 2013
You can do that from your database but i bet you, you'll break your forum if you try it. Especially if you're not very familiar with SMF's structure.
Re: I Need Urgent Help On SMF Forum by suwailad(f): 7:27am On Jul 14, 2013
Afam4eva: You can do that from your database but i bet you, you'll break your forum if you try it. Especially if you're not very familiar with SMF's structure.

Whati want to do is make a series of threads with registered users and back date all of them, before i open it to the public.
I wont let it remain as i open it to people, but i just want to change it for me, to make the forum look old. Please can you take me by the hand and show me how to do it?
Re: I Need Urgent Help On SMF Forum by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 14, 2013
I think their is a mod that does that. Search through smf mods
Re: I Need Urgent Help On SMF Forum by suwailad(f): 3:53am On Jul 15, 2013
9japipper: I think their is a mod that does that. Search through smf mods
please show coz i havent seen the mod

@Afam
can you help me out? Thanks
Re: I Need Urgent Help On SMF Forum by Raylight2(m): 5:52am On Jul 16, 2013
How do I setup SMF? Pls.
Re: I Need Urgent Help On SMF Forum by Seomartscom: 6:57am On Jul 16, 2013
Hello if you cpanel have SMF software on softcolus , here you can install easily
Re: I Need Urgent Help On SMF Forum by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 11:45am On Jul 16, 2013
Its easy to backdate the date a member registered on your SMF forum, but really I've not tried to backdate posts' dates as that kind of deception isn't going to help.
Re: I Need Urgent Help On SMF Forum by suwailad(f): 12:32pm On Jul 16, 2013
BOLAJIAJANI: Its easy to backdate the date a member registered on your SMF forum, but really I've not tried to backdate posts' dates as that kind of deception isn't going to help.
i think it will make your forum look older.
I have found out how. Go to phpmyadmin, find smf_messages, then posted times. Go to unixtimestamp.com and create a unix time.then replace the post time.
Re: I Need Urgent Help On SMF Forum by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2013
Raylight_1: How do I setup SMF? Pls.
Its easy.after paying for hosting.
Login to your cpanel and goto softacolous .
Click forum ,and select smf.then install in on your domain.

If you encounter problems feel free to contact me I will reply you ASAP
Mikketech@gmail.com
Re: I Need Urgent Help On SMF Forum by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2013
suwailad:
i think it will make your forum look older.
I have found out how. Go to phpmyadmin, find smf_messages, then posted times. Go to unixtimestamp.com and create a unix time.then replace the post time.
Yeah, that should do it. However, I still think making the forum look older like you stated won't really bring about positive increase on the site's traffic.

(1) (Reply)

Help / *help*adsense Not Showing Again On My Blog After I Switch Domain / How To Create A Site Like Nairaland•com And Make Your Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.