Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,769 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:07 AM

George Zimmermann Is Found NOT GUILTY Of Killing Trayvon Martin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / George Zimmermann Is Found NOT GUILTY Of Killing Trayvon Martin (844 Views)

Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of MURDER! / An Only Son Accused Of Killing Father Castrates Himself While In Police Custody / Husband Guilty Of Molestation For Not ''Pulling-Out'' At Wife's Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

George Zimmermann Is Found NOT GUILTY Of Killing Trayvon Martin by olapluto(m): 3:08am On Jul 14, 2013
A very very shameful day for American justice and the state. Trayvon Martin was shot by a 'wannabee cop' while he was unarmed. From day 1, it was so obvious the whole state, police, etc were working to paint Trayvon guilty and deserving of death. Well, the Jury has deliberated and found George Zimmermann NOT GUILTY. I am disgusted. This may lead to serious riots in America.
Judgement meaning: A black 17 year old boy walking home from the store is killed and his killer is found to have acted in self-defense. A real shame.
Re: George Zimmermann Is Found NOT GUILTY Of Killing Trayvon Martin by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 14, 2013
he killed a blackman,so what do you expect?
Re: George Zimmermann Is Found NOT GUILTY Of Killing Trayvon Martin by supaeagles(m): 3:53am On Jul 14, 2013
...... it is a crying shame .. sigh
(Jury consisted of five white women and one black or Hispanic woman).
Re: George Zimmermann Is Found NOT GUILTY Of Killing Trayvon Martin by 2legit2qwt: 7:43am On Jul 14, 2013
#Disappointed sad
Re: George Zimmermann Is Found NOT GUILTY Of Killing Trayvon Martin by nigerianphoenix: 9:52am On Jul 14, 2013
I think the prosecution depended too much on the fact that public opinion was firmly on Trayvon's side. They didn't present a really strong case. And, the Racheal Jeantel debacle was just smh inducing. In my opinion, Zimmerman is screwed anyways. He had two options- A guilty verdict would put him in jail for life, and the not guilty verdict would send him out into a world where most people believe that he is a racist cold blooded murderer. The justice system did its duty. It has to work this way or innocent people with shaky cases and public opinion against them would be sent to jail
Re: George Zimmermann Is Found NOT GUILTY Of Killing Trayvon Martin by try69: 10:36am On Jul 14, 2013
nigerianphoenix: I think the prosecution depended too much on the fact that public opinion was firmly on Trayvon's side. They didn't present a really strong case. And, the Racheal Jeantel debacle was just smh inducing. In my opinion, Zimmerman is screwed anyways. He had two options- A guilty verdict would put him in jail for life, and the not guilty verdict would send him out into a world where most people believe that he is a racist cold blooded murderer. The justice system did its duty. It has to work this way or innocent people with shaky cases and public opinion against them would be sent to jail

Seriously?

Even if I want to be tempted to believe that zimmerman acted out of self defense, I still stand that he should have gone in for it, maybe a few years.

How could he not have waited for the officers to arrive while trailing the suspect?

A fone call between martin and a friend before the shooting that was retrieve suggested that martin was running towards his home which contradicts zimmermmans account of a possible attack by the kid.

In all, I cannot acquit martin because he was probably at the wrong place at the said time given the fact that they have been incidents of break-ins and theft in the said neighborhood. But for goodness sakes, the kid was unarmed

God knows best..RIP trayvon martin
Re: George Zimmermann Is Found NOT GUILTY Of Killing Trayvon Martin by nigerianphoenix: 11:12am On Jul 14, 2013
Calm down. I am not saying that Zimmerman is innocent. I know that I was just as outraged as you are now when I heard the verdict. My point is that the prosecution did not present their case properly. Trayvon Martin did not receive justice and that sucks. But, if the jury based its decision on their convictions rather than the evidence presented in court, innocent people would be sent to jail. The Martin family should appeal the decision, and hopefully, the prosecutors will do a better job- without shaky witnesses like Rachel Jeantel and false evidence.
Re: George Zimmermann Is Found NOT GUILTY Of Killing Trayvon Martin by try69: 11:26am On Jul 14, 2013
nigerianphoenix: Calm down. I am not saying that Zimmerman is innocent. I know that I was just as outraged as you are now when I heard the verdict. My point is that the prosecution did not present their case properly. Trayvon Martin did not receive justice and that sucks. But, if the jury based its decision on their convictions rather than the evidence presented in court, innocent people would be sent to jail. The Martin family should appeal the decision, and hopefully, the prosecutors will do a better job- without shaky witnesses like Rachel Jeantel and false evidence.

For the jury to have felt that martin attacked first would make me conclude that their ruling was racist..zimmerman could just have told the kid he was some neighborhood watch and asked him what he was doing around and whom he was and things wouldn't have gone gory..

I don't see any reason why zimmerman should not have gone in for it at least for not going about this the right way. The kid was scared and was also in defense too..
Re: George Zimmermann Is Found NOT GUILTY Of Killing Trayvon Martin by julioralph(m): 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
Smh for America.

(1) (Reply)

Man, 27, Rapes 11-yr-old Girl With Down’s Syndrome / Man Arraigned For Raping His Own Mother / Woman Accused Of Adultery Shot By Al Qaeda In Syria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.