Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,096 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Can One Get A Job In Lagos With Pending Uni-certificate? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can One Get A Job In Lagos With Pending Uni-certificate? (1655 Views)

Graduate With A Distinction From UK Uni & You Offered With N50k Job In Nigeria / Massive Job Recruitment At Uni. Of Lagos Holding Company (UNIHOLD) 30 Positions / Massive Teaching & Non-teaching Recruitment At Federal Uni, Birnin Kebbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Get A Job In Lagos With Pending Uni-certificate? by Maximus85(m): 8:14am On Jul 15, 2013
I'm a victim of pending certificate and I'm sure there are thousands of others.

In my case we were issued a "to whom it may concern" For 2years I've been looking for a job. What is the solution to this problem? I know I'm not the only one in this predicament.

The school is just promising to do something fast and time is going. Age is counting, responsibilities are growing.

If you have an advice or a solution...please tell us. Thanks and God bless you as you've listened/seen and wants to help.
Re: Can One Get A Job In Lagos With Pending Uni-certificate? by iebanehita(m): 2:32pm On Jul 16, 2013
Lemme ask.

What is the name of the school you graduated from?

Is it accredited by NUC?

Why is it still pending, after 2years? I thought that should be the maximum years to wait for a certificate, before you are issued?..#for some schools though.
Re: Can One Get A Job In Lagos With Pending Uni-certificate? by Maximus85(m): 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2013
Thanks for your interest. Its Lagos State University School of Part-Time Studies.

They said they misplaced our results. We gained admission 2004/2005, Finished 2009/2010. And this is 2013.

Its been a very hard situation for us and me in particular. Age is counting and nothing to show.
Re: Can One Get A Job In Lagos With Pending Uni-certificate? by iebanehita(m): 10:21am On Jul 17, 2013
Bro, I don't really know much about part time studies and the protocols in the issuance of degree certificate but I think the school is taking you for a ride.

Maybe you should have a dialogue with the management or the body concerned, as regards how it is immensely affecting you.
Re: Can One Get A Job In Lagos With Pending Uni-certificate? by Maximus85(m): 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
iebanehita: Bro, I don't really know much about part time studies and the protocols in the issuance of degree certificate but I think the school is taking you for a ride.

Maybe you should have a dialogue with the management or the body concerned, as regards how it is immensely affecting you.

No boasting, no exaggeration....I'm a very brilliant person. Certificate or no certificate, I will carry out my administrative task in the most efficient and effective way. In this our Nigerian labour environment, it is all about who you know. Please, if you have anything for me...I'll grab the opportunity with both hands. Thanks for your interest.
Re: Can One Get A Job In Lagos With Pending Uni-certificate? by ayobase(m): 10:18am On Jul 20, 2013
Truly typing, I don't know why companies are now making employment via "to whom it may concern" a big deal, instead of the certificate. Some is even statement of result.

Does it mean that "to whom it may concern" and statement of result can't be authenticated?

Then, what will happen to those carrying affidavits?

Just a flimsy excuse of not employing!
Re: Can One Get A Job In Lagos With Pending Uni-certificate? by Maximus85(m): 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2013
ayobase: Truly typing, I don't know why companies are now making employment via "to whom it may concern" a big deal, instead of the certificate. Some is even statement of result.

Does it mean that "to whom it may concern" and statement of result can't be authenticated?

Re: Can One Get A Job In Lagos With Pending Uni-certificate? by Maximus85(m): 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2013
ayobase: Truly typing, I don't know why companies are now making employment via "to whom it may concern" a big deal, instead of the certificate. Some is even statement of result.

I can't understand it myself.
Re: Can One Get A Job In Lagos With Pending Uni-certificate? by Maximus85(m): 9:48pm On Jul 22, 2013
freezy01: If you really want to work, you can prepare your cv stating that you are still expecting your result and send it to pmtsolutions12@gmail.com .

Thank you soooo much sir. I will amend my CV and Send.
Re: Can One Get A Job In Lagos With Pending Uni-certificate? by omogemi: 9:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
My bro, i am also rocking the same boat as u are. i finished 2006/7. LASU has really messed up. as i speak i dont even have a 'to whom it may concern' and to make matters worse the said i have underregistered courses. everyday i wake up cursing that school. u go to school with the aim of getting a degree. u finish and u have no degree to show for it.
Maximus85: I'm a victim of pending certificate and I'm sure there are thousands of others.

In my case we were issued a "to whom it may concern" For 2years I've been looking for a job. What is the solution to this problem? I know I'm not the only one in this predicament.

The school is just promising to do something fast and time is going. Age is counting, responsibilities are growing.

If you have an advice or a solution...please tell us. Thanks and God bless you as you've listened/seen and wants to help.

(1) (Reply)

Who Else Got This From E-RECRUIT And How True Is It ? / New Job Vacancy For Female Fresh Graduates / URGENT VACANCIES: Customer Service Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.