Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,762 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:36 AM

Great Career!! Great Lifestyle!! But Great Fertility??? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Great Career!! Great Lifestyle!! But Great Fertility??? (955 Views)

5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. / Juice Recipes For Fibroids And Fertility / Fertility/ Ovulation Calculator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Career!! Great Lifestyle!! But Great Fertility??? by Jessiepaul2007: 9:40am On Jul 15, 2013
Hi all,
This topic is created for all working people, who have tough time to, 'Strike a work life Balance'.

More and more women and men are choosing to postpone starting a family until later in life. While this often suits modern careers and lifestyles, it also introduces a risk that some may be ignoring; trying to have a baby later in life can significantly affect the chance of becoming pregnant.

'By the age of 35 most women are half as fertile as they were at 25'. From around the age of 25 a woman's chances of getting pregnant start to decline.

In men too much of stress, smoking and mental pressure may lead to low sperm count, low motility and other fertility related problems.

So how do we maintain a fertile and healthy life?? Join this thread and share your suggestions and queries.
Re: Great Career!! Great Lifestyle!! But Great Fertility??? by Sadhana29: 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hii Friends...

Good topic to discuss with for today's Men and Women. Ya I agree with ur views, that most of them are concentrating on their professional growth and neglecting the family and thinking of starting a family sometime later in their life, So face the problems and finally leading to fertility related problems.

I am also in that cadre. so i faced problems and difficulty in conceiving for nearly 3 years. finally got the treatment and happy living with my baby and family. so, Everyone should be aware of the problems they face in postponing starting their family.

So, friends lets join the hands, share ur views, experiences and give suggestions to those who need that may help lot of couples to plan well and their dream of mothering a baby comes true. My intention is none of them should suffer like me.

Thanks
saakshi smiley smiley
Re: Great Career!! Great Lifestyle!! But Great Fertility??? by dominique(f): 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
There are lots of people out there that will put forward starting a family till their career. unfortunately things may not go according to plan. If only people can pay more attention to their health, get regular check-ups (especially in the fertility area) and start correcting any anormality within them. But trust Nigerians with the 'if it aint broke, don't fix it' mentality.
Re: Great Career!! Great Lifestyle!! But Great Fertility??? by Lilimax(f): 12:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
I was one person that pursued career at the expense of starting up a family. When I married eventually at the age of 30, I found it very difficult to concieve initially. It took God and Medical intervention for me to concieve and have my babies. Others may not be so lucky like me hence it pays to start a family very early in life when you are capable than facing your career at the expense of your family.
Re: Great Career!! Great Lifestyle!! But Great Fertility??? by nairaman66(m): 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
Lilimax: I was one person that pursued career at the expense of starting up a family. When I married eventually at the age of 30, I found it very difficult to concieve initially. It took God and Medical intervention for me to concieve and have my babies. Others may not be so lucky like me hence it pays to start a family very early in life when you are capable than facing your career at the expense of your family.

Oh, that's touching.. You must have gone through a lot!
Re: Great Career!! Great Lifestyle!! But Great Fertility??? by dominique(f): 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
^Thing is for men, majority of the financial responsibility lies on their shoulders hence they have to get their career on track before starting a family. Women on the other hand, their biological clock is ticking. Delay could be dangerous. Still, there are still women out there that prefer to tow this path. Parenthood is not some people's cup of tea tho.
Re: Great Career!! Great Lifestyle!! But Great Fertility??? by Kaynee: 4:04pm On Jul 22, 2013
Lilimax: I was one person that pursued career at the expense of starting up a family. When I married eventually at the age of 30, I found it very difficult to concieve initially. It took God and Medical intervention for me to concieve and have my babies. Others may not be so lucky like me hence it pays to start a family very early in life when you are capable than facing your career at the expense of your family.
Please Lilimax can you please share with me what Medical Intervention you took. Thankyou.
Re: Great Career!! Great Lifestyle!! But Great Fertility??? by Angel2013(f): 1:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
Hi all,

Good thread to start and its good to see all ur views, I am also one of the person like you all.. Given more importance to the career, because i am from a middle class family, so i want to earn more to lead a luxury life, that's y i concentrated more on my career. I have got married 3 years ago. And I struggled a lot to conceive for around two years. But still i am not ready to lose the job,. Pressure is building up from my in-la's and even my husband is so depressed about our situation.

Then took long leave for my job and went to my home in India, i.e Chennai. I undergone treatment there, suggested by my parents. The treatment is really good and doctor gave me counselling to relieve from depression, and cost of the treatment is also very less compared to foreign countries. The doctor and the whole team helped me a lot, even my husband was undergone some medical tests, we stayed for 20 days for the treatment in the hospital.

Then came back. I Conceived and i am with a baby now. Really soo much happy about it. Everyone are happy about it.

Happy to get this opportunity to share with u all.
Angel
Re: Great Career!! Great Lifestyle!! But Great Fertility??? by Roopas81: 7:25am On Aug 13, 2013
Hi, We need a great career and also great life style. that is everyone's dream in their life. but having a child is also an achievement in every women's life. So, should plan accordingly, never neglect either profession or health. Should give importance to both personal life and professional life. Everything should happen in time so that everything will be happy.

I have also not managed the things so suffered for about 3 years to get my dream child. Finally due to doctors successful hand and good treatment i was able to fulfill my dream. I am happy with the baby now as well as continuing my professional life also happily.
Re: Great Career!! Great Lifestyle!! But Great Fertility??? by Angel2013(f): 7:36am On Aug 13, 2013
Good Congrats Roopas, U have achieved good results even though if u had struggles but now i hope u are happy with your child. I too thought and was concentrating on my career. i am happy now, came out of all the pain. happy with the child.

(1) (Reply)

Morning Yoga For Weight Loss - 20 Minute Workout Fat Burning Yoga Meltdown Begin / He Looses Weight Loss Too Often And Easily. Please Advice. / Ebola:"fg Tells Men Male Survivors To Avoid $€x For 7 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.