Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

‘’…i Have Seen Jesus Often..’’ (smith Wigglesworth) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ‘’…i Have Seen Jesus Often..’’ (smith Wigglesworth) (1150 Views)

God's Generals; The Story Of Smith Wigglesworth / Smith Wigglesworth's Deliverance / Smith Wigglesworth Turns Water Into Petrol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘’…i Have Seen Jesus Often..’’ (smith Wigglesworth) by sidespin: 4:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
‘’…I HAVE SEEN JESUS OFTEN..’’ (SMITH WIGGLESWORTH)

I went one time to a meeting. I was very, very sick, and I got worse and worse. I knew the perfect will of God was for me to humble myself and ask the elders to pray for me. I put it off and the meeting finished.

I went home without being anointed and prayed with, and everyone in the house caught the thing I was suffering with. My boys did not know anything else but to trust the Lord as the family Physician, and my youngest boy, George, cried out from the attic, "Dadda, come." I cried, "I cannot come. The whole thing is from me. I shall have to repent and ask the Lord to forgive me." I made up my mind to humble myself before the whole church. Then I rushed to the attic and laid my hands on my boy in the name of Jesus. I placed my hands on his head and the pain left and went lower down; he cried again, "Put your hands
still lower." At last the pain went right down to the feet and as I placed my hand on the feet he was completely delivered. Some evil power had evidently gotten hold and as I laid my hands on the different parts of the body it left. (We have to see the difference between anointing the sick and casting out demons."

God will always be gracious when we humble ourselves before Him and come to a place of brokenness of spirit. I was at a place one time ministering to a sick woman, and she said, "I'm very sick. I become all right for an hour, and then I have another attack." I saw that it was an evil power that was attacking her, and I learned something in that hour that I had never learned before. As I moved my hand down her body in the name of the Lord that evil power seemed to move just ahead of my hands and as I moved them down further and further the evil power went right out of her body and never returned.

I was in Havre in France and the power of God was being mightily manifested. A Greek named Felix attended the meeting and became very zealous for God. He was very anxious to get all the Catholics he could to the meeting in order that they should see that God was graciously visiting France. He found a certain bedridden woman who was fixed in a certain position and could not move, and he told her about the Lord healing at the meetings and that he would get me to come if she wished. She said, "My husband is a Catholic and he would never allow anyone who was not a Catholic to see me."

She asked her husband to allow me to come and told him what Felix had told her about the power of God working in our midst. He said, "I will have no Protestant enter my house." She said, "You know the doctors cannot help me, and the priests cannot help, won't you let this man of God pray for me?" He finally consented and I went to the house. The simplicity of this woman and her child-like faith were beautiful to see. I showed her my oil bottle and said to her, "Here is oil. It is a symbol of the Holy Ghost. When that comes upon you, the Holy Ghost will begin to work, and the Lord will raise you up."

And God did something the moment the oil fell upon her. I looked toward the window and I saw Jesus. (I have seen Him often. There is no painting that is a bit like Him: no artist can ever depict the beauty of my lovely Lord.) The woman felt the power of God in her body and cried, "I'm free, my hands are free, my shoulders are free, and oh, I see Jesus! I'm free! I'm free! The vision vanished and the woman sat up in bed. Her legs were still bound, and I said to her, "I'll put my hands over your legs and you will be free entirely." And as I put my hands on those legs covered with bedclothes, I looked and saw the Lord again. She saw Him too and cried, "He's there again. I'm free! I'm free!" She rose from her bed and walked round the room praising God, and we were all in tears as we saw His wonderful works. The Lord shall raise them up when conditions are met. (Smith Wigglesworth)
Re: ‘’…i Have Seen Jesus Often..’’ (smith Wigglesworth) by Yooguyz: 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hy, where did you source such a faith stirring article from?

1 Like

Re: ‘’…i Have Seen Jesus Often..’’ (smith Wigglesworth) by erniok(m): 7:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
Just started following you and you have been a blessing to me. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: ‘’…i Have Seen Jesus Often..’’ (smith Wigglesworth) by Image123(m): 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
The Apostle of faith. God bless you OP.

1 Like

Re: ‘’…i Have Seen Jesus Often..’’ (smith Wigglesworth) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
Good ol' wigglesworth.Reminds me of Precambrian times when I perused God's Generals n 70 great christians.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Teaching Presented On Law And Grace. Please Read And Learn/comment / How Science Backs The Bible's Best Stories / Please Can Tattoo Take One To HELL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.