Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

A Day With Illbliss Dat Ibo Boy: - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Day With Illbliss Dat Ibo Boy: (1859 Views)

NEW MUSIC: Lil Jojo Feat Ruggedman – Ibo Boy (prod By Sossick) / D Chat I Had With Illbliss (dat Ibo Boy) On FaceBook / Ill Bliss's Dat Ibo Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Day With Illbliss Dat Ibo Boy: by bennyblak: 12:55pm On May 22, 2008
whut the deal peeps,

Naija hiphop is on the verge of experiencing a totally new feel, all provided by ILLBLISS Dat Ibo Boy. I was opportuned to sit in a mastering session with the chubby chocolate skinned lyricist during the week and i must confess, i fell in love with the art of making music. The man i hung out with was totally different from your typical Lagos based rapper characterised by braggadocious lines and pride. ILLBLISS DAT IBO BOY is actually the most down to earth emcee i have ever come across (perhaps cos e never begin make too much money),

wE hooked up thru a common friend and he invited me to an exclusive studio listening session for his highly anticipated album titled THE REBELLIOUS LP. From the moment we met, dude was truly warm and attentive. we just sat in the studio chilling and talking about the general state of rap music , over some good pizza and drinks. the engineer was playing back some beats from the CD and we all sat analysing beat after beat. He is actually a shy type of dude but u gotta acknolwledge his great sense of humour. He sat rocking a customised IBO BOY tshirt (meanwhile he started that whole movement way b4 the other clones, names witheld jumped on the ship n tried stealing the concept, dudes need to think better),

When asked about the hiphop scene in nigeria he smiled and said in these words, man, i feel comfortable talking about the rap game,not the hiphop game cos Everybody is HIPHOP these days, even pop artists, they dont understand the art form out here very much. the culture is Alien to them, then the media been confusing the masses on whut HIPHOP really means, they confusing it with pop culture ,

Then we started listening to the album (unmixed), damn, damn, damn, dude just made a classic, I must say that Nas chose the best man at the sound city music video awards, U GO WOUND is a classic (produced by Frenzy) but wait till u hear the rest of the album. Track after track i just sat there in total shock.

He turns out to be an extremely picky guy. when it comes to beats, he is so choosy and wants the best. He attested to his bias for unknown producers over the established ones cos they simply hungrier and want to make a hit(s)

He actually introduced fellow emcee and friend Mode 9 to Jonah the Monarch and this resulted in the Pentium IX Mixtape.

The album is a masterpiece from the intro (produced by new comers Micworkx) to dat ibo boy to Tobechukwu (prod by Elajoe) to Salute (prod by DJ Excellence in West Paris) to Currency Boyz (feat.Eldee the Don) to Blessing (feat.General Pype) to Lead the way (feat Simeone) to National cake (prod by Jonah the monarch). etc etc

The album is incredible, he said he had been recording while living in the UK, and 2 yrs since his return, ILLBLISS Is here to take his spot. and truly he is the closest contender for that crown cos he has a rare balancing act. The CD is music, at its finest.

We went on to speak on Thoroughbreds his crew and he confirmed that the collective never broke up, as rumoured when Obiwon went solo to record hia album Overture.

They are back in the lab recording THE ACTION CONGRESS LP, Coming later in the year.

On release DATE, ILLBLISS stated that the CD drops next month, on his independent imprint THE GORETTI COMPANY.He is managed by NOW MUZIK.
dUDE get igbo sense no be small. When he isnt winning awards presented by Nas, (SMVA) he is at work at MTN Who wants to be a Millionaire as a projcets Manager. So he getting paper both ways.

Big Ups ILLBLISS DAT IBO BOY. You are a role model for younger lyricists, the album is a milestone. Get yr purses ready,

B.Black

Re: A Day With Illbliss Dat Ibo Boy: by tosinadeda: 1:03pm On May 22, 2008
i think i i like the guy, u go wound o was nice
kel killed that track men
girl can rap
Re: A Day With Illbliss Dat Ibo Boy: by seunspice(m): 8:29am On May 23, 2008
well, i am not too into rap music, especially Nigerian Rap, but Illbliss blew my mind. Although i am not Ibo, i listened to his interview late last year on Radio with Dr Flave (link fm) and i can say that he was cool. i have listened to and seen the Video to IBo Boy and you go wound o and with his award at the SMVA the sky is a starting point for him.
Does anyone have a pic of him with NAS during the SMVA? those soundcity peeps no just want make those videos available. Anyway God dey.
Re: A Day With Illbliss Dat Ibo Boy: by bennyblak: 9:57am On May 23, 2008
yeah, i got pictures of ILLBLISS and Nas.that is the heaviest endorsement that a hiphop artist could ever dream of in Naija.

click on soundcity.tv to see pics.

B.Black
Re: A Day With Illbliss Dat Ibo Boy: by freshfire: 11:41am On Sep 22, 2008
This dude reminds me of Erick Sermon of EPMD. Illbliss is the realest MC to come out of Naija for those who feel real hiphop. The track "You go wound o!" is out of this world and Kel was on fire in there. Big ups to illbliss and frenzy for showing the wannabes the way its done. Peace.

(1) (Reply)

Professional Studio Engineers Only, Read Please. / 2baba – Officially Blind Lyrics / [instrumental] Free Beats By Dj Juanty @dj Jaunty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.