Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Atms Now Dispense Fake Notes.... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Atms Now Dispense Fake Notes.... (587 Views)

Banks Reduce Withdrawal Limits On Atms - Vanguard / How Many Will Be Able To Withdraw Money If Atms Did This (photo) / Atms Dispense Fake N1000 Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atms Now Dispense Fake Notes.... by Nobody: 4:05am On Jul 16, 2013
I write to notify the public and constituted authority that bank atm is dispensing fake notes.im a victim of this rotten and shameful system..i withdrew money #59000 from an atm yesterday in okene kogi state, though i intended depositin #71000(1000 naira notes)into my account so i have to augment with #12000 from #20000 which i had earlier withdrawn from another bank's atm ..i sent my hospital attendant to pay the cash into my account only for me to receive a call from the bank that one of the 1000 naira notes was fake,immediately i left for the bank on getting there, the teller told me sir ' one of your 1000 naira notes was fake' i was like i just collected the money from ur bank atm today..i lost my defence when i realised i added #12000 which i had withdrawn from another bank's atm..i went to the other bank to complain but as expected none of the two banks claim responsibily..yeah #1000 is actually a small loss..'in this era of cashless policy to what extent can we trust our banking system when bank atm is now dispensing fake notes'
Re: Atms Now Dispense Fake Notes.... by Nobody: 4:15am On Jul 16, 2013
Mr moderator pls post this on the front page and let my faint voice be heard by nigerians
Re: Atms Now Dispense Fake Notes.... by frederal(m): 4:45am On Jul 16, 2013
I know someone who has collected a thousand naira note from a bank, straight from cashier.
Re: Atms Now Dispense Fake Notes.... by lecturerdabo(m): 5:04am On Jul 16, 2013
[quote author=laceonline02]I write to notify the public and constituted authority that bank atm is dispensing fake notes.im a victim of this rotten and shameful system..i withdrew money #59000 from an atm yesterday in okene kogi state, though i intended depositin #71000(1000 naira notes)into my account so i have to augment with #12000 from #20000 which i had earlier withdrawn from another bank's atm ..i sent my hospital attendant to pay the cash into my account only for me to receive a call from the bank that one of the 1000 naira notes was fake,immediately i left for the bank on getting there, the teller told me sir ' one of your 1000 naira notes was fake' i was like i just collected the money from ur bank atm today..i lost my defence when i realised i added #12000 which i had withdrawn from another bank's atm..i went to the other bank to complain but as expected none of the two banks claim responsibily

U ar very ryt bro, i ve experienced same from UBA ATM.
Re: Atms Now Dispense Fake Notes.... by Burger01(m): 5:16am On Jul 16, 2013
Don't mind those bankers. They are the culprits. It's always been an inside job where you have some unscrupulous officers substituting genuine notes with fake ones before loading to the ATM machine for public use. Imagine 1k fake notes per every random 20-50k cash dispense per day per week per month..

sad
Re: Atms Now Dispense Fake Notes.... by macjireh: 5:21am On Jul 16, 2013
wat pariticular banks were those?
U shud hav done a transfer instead dat Y cashless policy is a welcomd idea
Re: Atms Now Dispense Fake Notes.... by bigtt76(f): 5:21am On Jul 16, 2013
@OP ...cashless actually means going without cash, withdrawals from ATMs. We all ought to be less dependent on the ATM sad but how do we sort out the unbanked or market women without POS? Hmmm #Sanusi
Re: Atms Now Dispense Fake Notes.... by fr3do(m): 5:38am On Jul 16, 2013
And one thing is that u can't prove that u withdrew it from an atm.
Very bad!
Re: Atms Now Dispense Fake Notes.... by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 16, 2013
That is the problem..hw i wish all notes from atm can be subjected to forensic analysis..the two banks in question are uba and zenith bank
fr3do: And one thing is that u can't prove that u withdrew it from an atm.
Very bad!
Re: Atms Now Dispense Fake Notes.... by robonski15(m): 5:47am On Jul 16, 2013
Don't mind these banks, they are all fraudulent.. Just thank your star its not more than #1000..
Re: Atms Now Dispense Fake Notes.... by Lilimax(f): 9:38am On Jul 16, 2013
Hope this will not be prevalent in ATM points
especially with this cashless policy of a thing angry.
These banks in question should be investigated asap.

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Face Smooth, Shining And Fresh Within 72 Hours / Tin Tomato. How About Tin Pepper Business? / Help!!where 2 Find Electronic Market Like Alaba Int Lagos.... In D East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.