Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand (807 Views)

Woman Baths Step-son With Hot Water, Victim Machetes Son In Reprisal (pic) / Graphic Photo Of The Woman Who Was Murdered By Her Step-son In Enugu / 50 Year Old Woman Poisons And Roasts Lover In Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by olokfor: 6:05am On Jul 16, 2013
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a woman, Mrs Aminot Otun, for roasting the right hand of her seven-year-old step-son, Awwal Otun, last Thursday.

Awwal’s hand was allegedly roasted for adding drops of liquid disinfectant to his bath water.

According to Ngozi Ekwerike-Okoro, President, Child to Child Network, a Non Governmental Organisation, NGO, a distressed call from one of Otun’s neighbours at 59, Suenu Street, Surulere, Lagos saved Awwal’s life.
Awwal was rushed to the Mother and Child Hospital at Gbaja where another drama ensued as the doctor on duty refused to treat or admit the boy despite pleas that the hospital was built purposely for mothers and children in the state.

According to his teachers, Awwal, who is in primary one, should not be allowed to go back to his step-mother because he is always coming to school with bruises as the neighbours who pleaded anonymity said that had been the normal punishment for the boy’s mistakes.

Awwal was later taken to a nearby private hospital for treatment and he is currently at Juvenile Welfare Centre of Alakara Police Station.

The story

According to Ngozi, “On July 11, 2013, Awwal was rushed to the Randle General Hospital, Mother and Child Centre, Gbaja, at about 6:30pm after a distress call from neighbours.
“He sustained serious injuries from fire burns inflicted on him by the step-mother who is now in police custody.

“At the hospital, we requested to see the welfare officer who we were told had closed for the day but after narrating our mission to one of the staff she referred us to the chief matron. The chief matron issued an emergency card to the boy and directed him to see the doctor.

“The doctor, however, refused to attend to the boy, because according to her, the hospital did not have enough space to accommodate the boy, as he would need admission for intensive care.

“We pleaded with the doctor to at least administer some first aid on the boy but she refused. We went back to the chief matron who told us after consulting with the doctor that Surulere General Hospital (Mother and Child Centre) does not have the facility to deal with such cases. They said our best chance would be to go to Ikeja General Hospital.

“We eventually left in disappointment and went to a private hospital in Mushin, close to the juvenile centre, where he got immediate attention and was treated free of charge.

The boy said he added small quantity of Izal disinfectant to his bath water and his step mother got angry and put his hand on a burning stove since Sunday and he was not taken to hospital till Thursday when neighbours called the Lagos State Child Protection Network who mobilised the JWC Alakara to rescue him.

www.metronaija.com/photos-woman-roasts-7-yr-old-step-sons-hand/

Re: PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by Henrypraise: 6:31am On Jul 16, 2013
Tot such cruelty exists only in China. Shame on Doctors, they ar now native Doctors.
Re: PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by emmanwandud(m): 6:33am On Jul 16, 2013
What a wicked world
Re: PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 16, 2013
I knw dis must surely hit front page... So make i comment down..

3rd to comment
Re: PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by LOUDmedia(m): 6:53am On Jul 16, 2013
WTF
Re: PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 16, 2013
If you can't train your kid the best thing is to find a foster mother for him or her. The old woman is too wicked. They should burn her hand too.
Re: PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by Tolexander: 7:00am On Jul 16, 2013
The woman should be given the same treatment for her to feel how the boy felt.
Re: PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by slap1(m): 7:07am On Jul 16, 2013
chidindufrank: If you can't train your kid the best thing is to find a foster mother for him or her. The old woman is too wicked. They should burn her hand too.
Or her brea5t.
Re: PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by Vansnickers: 7:09am On Jul 16, 2013
I'm sure she attends Church every Sunday!

So sad that a Child has to suffer unnecessarily.
Re: PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by Jakumo(m): 7:12am On Jul 16, 2013
Van snickers: I'm sure she attends Church every Sunday!

So sad that a Child has to suffer unnecessarily.

Ha ha no chit. A real "God Fearing" sadist, who sings loud than a muffuguh in church, waves her demonic hands in the air, and hollers "Thank you Jeeeeeeeeesus!"
Re: PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by Super1759: 7:14am On Jul 16, 2013
Gruesome
Re: PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by Vansnickers: 7:17am On Jul 16, 2013
Jakumo:

Ha ha no chit. A real "God Fearing" sadist, who sings loud than a muffuguh in church, waves her demonic hands in the air, and hollers "Thank you Jeeeeeeeeesus!"

LMAO!
Re: PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by gulfer: 7:35am On Jul 16, 2013
Cyber_mugu: I knw dis must surely hit front page... So make i comment down..

3rd to comment
@CyberMugu, you must be a learner angry angry .Heal soon boy, the future awaits; Ngozi, make sure the stepmother gets her hand burned at any of your stations.
Re: PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 16, 2013
WoW this is really sad.. cry
Re: PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by IdomaLikita: 7:40am On Jul 16, 2013
Its usual for people to condemn the Parties involved whenever Stories like this are told thus playing into the hands of the Story-teller..
However, b4 I call anyone a Demon(which we all are), I would want to hear all sides of the story because:

1. Some Children are Truly Spawned of the Devil..The more you Discipline them, the Worse they Become..I have a Cousin who started out like this until He impregnated a Girl at 11yrs old, and ran away, leaving my old mum to sort out the mess..So what if this "innocent-looking Stepson" actually pushed her to the edge?

2. It is also possible that the Hospital in Question did not have the Facilities to Manage him effectively thus the reason for his referral..However the Doctor/Nurse MUST have evaluated the Child, to confirm him Stable b4 Referral..(And Going by d Pix I saw, the hands don't look charred so It may be a PTB..Not too sure sha)

I abhor Child Abuse in any form, but then, let's not be too hasty to Judge..Shikenan
Re: PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by Akshow: 8:35am On Jul 16, 2013
wtf! i don't see anything an under ten year old will do to deserve such punishment. nothing! angry angry angry angry
Re: PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand by Jakumo(m): 9:42am On Jul 16, 2013
Idoma Likita: Its usual for people to condemn the Parties involved whenever Stories like this are told thus playing into the hands of the Story-teller..
However, b4 I call anyone a Demon(which we all are), I would want to hear all sides of the story because:

1. Some Children are Truly Spawned of the Devil..The more you Discipline them, the Worse they Become..I have a Cousin who started out like this until He impregnated a Girl at 11yrs old, and ran away, leaving my old mum to sort out the mess..So what if this "innocent-looking Stepson" actually pushed her to the edge?

2. It is also possible that the Hospital in Question did not have the Facilities to Manage him effectively thus the reason for his referral..However the Doctor/Nurse MUST have evaluated the Child, to confirm him Stable b4 Referral..(And Going by d Pix I saw, the hands don't look charred so It may be a PTB..Not too sure sha)

I abhor Child Abuse in any form, but then, let's not be too hasty to Judge..Shikenan

You abohor child abuse, and yet you ask that there be no rush to judgement regarding this clinically insane female savage who inflicted such a horrific, permanently debilitating injury on a child.

I bet you're the sort of person who beats the living crap out of your children, if you have any, and would straight up kill them in a frenzy, "by mistake", if your rage was sufficient on that day.

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Dangerous Countries To Visit- Nigeria On The List!!! / My Father’s Kidnapping - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / Man Sells Son For N300,000 In Lagos [pictured]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.