Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,321 members, 7,846,427 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Portsmouth And United Plan Nigeria Game - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Portsmouth And United Plan Nigeria Game (662 Views)

(picture) Manchester United's Plan For Chelsea This Weekend / Your Experience Watching Nigeria Game With Your Dad / Portsmouth To Punish Nwankwo Kanu For Continued Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Portsmouth And United Plan Nigeria Game by denuda: 5:20pm On May 22, 2008
PORTSMOUTH, England -- FA Cup winners Portsmouth are planning a game against English league champions Manchester United in Nigeria during preparations for next season

Portsmouth manager Redknapp is looking forward to his summer holidays.

Dates for the fixture have yet to be finalized but manager Harry Redknapp said: "Apparently they want us out there and the thinking was that if it is good for Manchester United then it's certainly good for us."

The game would provide a chance for two Nigerians to appear in their homeland --Nwankwo Kanu, who scored the Cup final winner against Cardiff at Wembley on Saturday -- and John Utaka, whose cross set up the goal.

Redknapp, whose squad was cheered by an estimated 200,000 fans on an open-top bus tour of Portsmouth, said: "After Nigeria we come back and play United again at Wembley in the Community Shield and we're looking forward to that, but personally my only plan is for a holiday with my wife.

"I don't think I'll be going to the European Championship this time but there are some interesting matches and maybe I'll take in one or two."

Fans lined the streets five or six deep in places to greet their returning heroes after Portsmouth's first FA Cup triumph for 69 years.

The players, staff and families and the Cup were paraded on three open-top buses that passed through the
Re: Portsmouth And United Plan Nigeria Game by mukina2: 10:04pm On May 22, 2008

(1)

Grant Must Not Go Like That. Abramovich Is To Blame: / Ronaldo: Should He Leave Or Stay / Hey, Please Do U Know What Is New About Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.