Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Apple Probe: Woman Dies Using A Charging Iphone 5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Probe: Woman Dies Using A Charging Iphone 5 (518 Views)

How To Watch Videos And Surf The Web Without Using A Lot Of Data / How To Login To Yahoomail Using A Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Probe: Woman Dies Using A Charging Iphone 5 by JuicyGee(f): 6:35pm On Jul 16, 2013
Apple is investigating the death of a Chinese woman who died after being shocked while answering a call with her iPhone 5, which was charging at the time.

Apple said it is investigating the death of a Chinese woman who was fatally shocked while on her iPhone 5,which was charging at the time, according to a Reuters report.
The incident occurred last Thursday when Ma Ailun, a 23-year-old woman who worked as a flight attendant for China Southern Airlines, answered the charging phone after just getting out of the bath., police told the Xinhua news agency on Sunday.
In a statement to Reuters, Apple did not say whether the incident in the western Xinjiang region of China was isolated.

The incident was tweeted by Ma’s sister after blogging the incident. She reported that her sister, who was planning her wedding on August 8, fell to the floor after picking up the call. The tweet was reposted more than 3,000times and prompted arguments over whether Apple’s handsets were safe to use whilst charging
"We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family," Apple told the news agency. "We will fully investigate and cooperate with authorities in this matter."
According to Apple Insider, the story gained traction after the flight attendant’s sister posted a warning on the microblog Sina Weibo, urging iPhone users to be careful.
In 2008, Apple recalled iPhone 3G power adapters over a shocking risk that affected a small number of adapters, according to Apple Insider.
According to CNET, Reports of malfunctioning smartphones have cropped up from time to time. Occasionally, people will post pictures of a burnt smartphone or burns they got when handling a device. In some cases, however, the reason for the problem is not the device itself.

China is Apple’s second-biggest market after the U.S
Re: Apple Probe: Woman Dies Using A Charging Iphone 5 by Adufaye(m): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
As 4 2day I no go pick or make calls wen chargin
Re: Apple Probe: Woman Dies Using A Charging Iphone 5 by JuicyGee(f): 6:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
I use Nokia E5, and my fone shocks me wen ever i use USB to connect to my dvd. I tink Its because de back cover is metalic.
Re: Apple Probe: Woman Dies Using A Charging Iphone 5 by Adufaye(m): 8:21am On Jul 17, 2013
JuicyGee: I use Nokia E5, and my fone shocks me wen ever i use USB to connect to my dvd. I tink Its because de back cover is metalic.
yeah some Nokia symbian fone bhave like dat wen connected 2 dvd or pc,any way we just gat 2 b careful

(1) (Reply)

Exciting Blackberry Offer That Gives Customers One FREE Instance Of ANY / Bold 9780 Housing Cover / Samsung Galaxy S2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.