Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

STORE Pos(point Of Sale) AUTOMATION. What Software Do You Use? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / STORE Pos(point Of Sale) AUTOMATION. What Software Do You Use? (976 Views)

Pos (point Of Sales) Software And Inventory / Pos (point Of Sales) Software And Inventory / Retail Point Of Sale Pos Complete Kit System In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

STORE Pos(point Of Sale) AUTOMATION. What Software Do You Use? by LouiiDPos(m): 9:12am On Jul 18, 2013
Good day fellow nairalanders. I am into installing of POS(point of sale) computers for supermarkets, drugstores,pharmacies,restaurant e.t.c. Have been in it for a while now and its like a part time job although its lucrative. Wanted to know the software which gets the job done well for you(foreign or customize)and how much do you charge customers. Also would like to know your challenges if any in the cause of automation, so as to be able to share ideas and proffer solutions.
I guess i have to start from me. I use either Intuit or Retail man. Both are very good and effective. If its a small shop i prefer going for Retail man cause its effective and easy to use, no much tech stuff and the interface is okay(the newest version has support for restaurant).It also easy to use as i have successfully been able to train a PRIMARY SCHOOL CERT HOLDER on how to use it to sell. It effectively generates reports and also tracks expiry products efficiently. I use Intuit for bigger jobs but its difficult to train users on how to use it. I hardly use it only when its really needed. My challenges earlier on was how to track expiry products and how to make the bixolon srp 350 printer cut. The printer doesn't cut automatically but later i was able to see that it had to with the cutter sequence and this was set. For the expiry products, this was like a challenge because most drugstores want to be able to monitor their drugs and expiry date, this i was able to learn online from their website. Also Purchasing the software cost #50,000 compared to some expensive once sold here. Another challenge i face is that a minimum receipt printer cost 35-40k which most people complain of[b]NOT MANY PEOPLE ARE INTO SALES OF THE POS HARDWARES IN LAGOS THAT I KNOW OFF[/b]. I charge a minimum of 60k for a single system automation cheesy(cheap i guess). While the clients purchase the hardware or i do the purchase if they want it that way. This has been my challenges, charges and methods i go about automation.
P.S If anyone in the house is using Retail man, feel free to ask questions and i will attend to them if i can.

1 Like

Re: STORE Pos(point Of Sale) AUTOMATION. What Software Do You Use? by LouiiDPos(m): 10:05am On Jul 18, 2013
I await your reactions. Please it would be highly welcomed. I want to see like minds.
Re: STORE Pos(point Of Sale) AUTOMATION. What Software Do You Use? by maxdi(m): 3:55pm On Aug 04, 2013
I have actually been looking for one that can
* keep track of payments: cash,bank deposit,internet transfer etc
* keep track of refund (if any)
* print receipt
* do report etc
most especially for a school set up.

Do yo program the software personally?

bayofx at gmail.com
Re: STORE Pos(point Of Sale) AUTOMATION. What Software Do You Use? by Wiseracre(m): 12:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
Oga Louiid...Where are you abeg.
Re: STORE Pos(point Of Sale) AUTOMATION. What Software Do You Use? by Kellygold(f): 6:07pm On Sep 05, 2016
Did you know that you can get loan (up to 20 million naira) from owning a POS machine?
Click here
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10zruXkiyYSRa4r0LOVrScKlJo6K-xgap3du5rcdB9Ag/viewform?ths=true&edit_requested=true
to fill the form, you will be contacted on the amount you are eligible to get.
Re: STORE Pos(point Of Sale) AUTOMATION. What Software Do You Use? by ayodejibdn: 9:08am On Jun 02, 2020
Pls I need the retailman software can you train me on how to use it and how much is the licence key
contact me on ayodejibdn@@gmail.com or drop your mobile number here

(1) (Reply)

MINT 8GB Apple Ipod Nano For Sale @ N17,000 / SAMSUNG S4 (2 MONTHS OLD/JUST AS NEW) + HP PAVILION CORE I3 FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.