Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,818 members, 7,851,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:58 AM

How Does This Online Newpaper Get A Following - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Does This Online Newpaper Get A Following (574 Views)

How Many Guys Still Does This? / Fill This Online E-commerce Questionnaire And Get N100 Recharge Voucher / How Does One Get Loan From BOI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does This Online Newpaper Get A Following by sigmond: 9:50am On Jul 18, 2013
my online newspaper www.telegraphgh.com is a new conservative newspaper getting people to my site has been an issue despite us having the best writers and editors how can i get people to be interested in my site for their news. THANKS
Re: How Does This Online Newpaper Get A Following by digitite: 2:09pm On Jul 18, 2013
Firstly, the content and language matters. Search engine optimization ( SEO) and internet marketing can potentially increase readership as well as visibility on Google. I can provide such service for you. Not free of charge though but at very affordable rate. If you are interested, Holla back.
Re: How Does This Online Newpaper Get A Following by judea1(m): 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hi sigmond,
First, congratulations on your online newspaper. I followed the link and liked what I saw, the design is beautiful, crisp and professional. Well done.

However, the reality that most online business owners get to find out, sooner rather than later, is that having a beautiful website doesn't guarantee visitors or what we call traffic to your site.
Like any successful brick and mortar business, you need to advertise your business, even more so when it is an online business because of the ever increasing number of people online, and the huge number of competitors in your niche targeting these people.

The GOOD NEWS I have for you though, is that you can be hugely successful with your online newspaper and you can get lots of people interested in your site for their news daily.

Here's how:

1. You need to have your website ranked in the 1st page of Google for keywords related to your business. For example, there are people searching online daily for "Ghana News", and you need to ensure that when people search Google for this keyword, they will find a link to your site positioned in the first page at least,so that they can click on this link and be directed to your website. I hope you understand what I mean, I'm sure you've gone to Google.com before and typed into the search box, looking for information on a particular topic, right? Many people do this a lot for all kinds of topic. What most people don't know is that it is possible to have your site positioned in the results Google brings out. The ability to have your own site positioned or ranked properly in Google search engine (or other search engines like Yahoo and Bing) is what we webmasters and online marketers call 'Search Engine Optimization' (SEO)

I did a quick research on keywords related to your market, in order to find an estimate of people searching in Google for them, and I found some very interesting statistics. I used Google's own 'Keyword Tool' for this research and these are what i got:

For 'Ghana News': Global Monthly Search = 135,000; Local Monthly Search = 33,100.

For 'Ghana Newspapers': Global Monthly Search = 4,400; Local Monthly Search = 1,000.

For 'Latest News in Ghana': Global Monthly Search = 12,100; Local Monthly Search = 3,600.

For 'Current News in Ghana': Global Monthly Search = 2,400; Local Monthly Search = 720.

I could go on and on, but 'hey', you get what I mean right?
Anyway, what I find interesting is that when I searched for your website with the first keyword "Ghana news", not only was your website NOT in the 1st page, it was NOT in the first 100 pages in Google.com! That's bad, and that's one reason why you can't get people visiting your site: they can't find it. They don't even know it exists, sorry.

I didn't search for your positions in Google for other keywords mentioned above. You know why, I think? Lol. Anyway, seriously I usually get paid some good money to go the research I just shared with you freely, and I just wanted you to know where the problem lies...
But like I said earlier, the good news is that you can get this corrected and I can help your business get lots of traffic to your site.

OK, here's a second tip for you:
If you haven't already, please have a Facebook fan page for your online newspaper. Facebook is another giant platform to get lots of people to visit your website. When you have a Facebook fan page, and you integrate it with your website, it can do some awesome goodness for your business. I can explain in details here but I've got to go now, I have some business to run.

If you need more info about me, check my LinkedIn profile: [url]ng.linkedin.com/in/judealisigwe[/url]
You can reach me on phone too, my number is 07069653584.

I wish you success.

Jude Alisigwe.
Re: How Does This Online Newpaper Get A Following by sigmond: 6:28am On Jul 19, 2013
@jude thanks man i needed that props pls my email is jeffrey@telegraphgh.com i will call you latter today
Re: How Does This Online Newpaper Get A Following by judea1(m): 11:40am On Jul 20, 2013
sigmond: @jude thanks man i needed that props pls my email is jeffrey@telegraphgh.com i will call you latter today

You're welcome,I'm glad I could help. Looking forward to your call, or we could chat on Skype if that suits you better.

My Skype handle is: jude.alisigwe1
Yahoo IM: ealisigwe

Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Ready For Charcoal Business? / Need A Foreign Buyer / All You Need To Know As Full Cash-less Policy Begins Oct 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.