Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Spend More Time And Plan For Your Marriage And Not Just The Wedding,this Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Spend More Time And Plan For Your Marriage And Not Just The Wedding,this Divorce (880 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / 9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / Court Wedding This Year And A Big Celebration Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spend More Time And Plan For Your Marriage And Not Just The Wedding,this Divorce by chigodo(m): 6:29am On Jul 19, 2013
Divorce rate in our society these days have become unacceptable,it has become obvious that one of the major factor responsible for this regular crashing of marriages is because couples to be, have failed to plan for their marriage rather they spend all their time planning for their wedding.....Bros whenever you are with her and all you talk about is the colour of the suit to be worn that day,the designer that'll make her wedding gown,the style of hair you want her to make,the type of cake she'll love to have on that day,the number of people she wants to invite,the M.C she'll love to anchor the reception,the D.J to charge the air etc.....you are only planning for the wedding not the marriage and ironically this wedding lasts for less than 24hrs and the marriage contract you are about to sign remains valid till you go six feet below....there's a difference between planning for your marriage and planning for your wedding and remember, YOU DON'T PLAN IN A MARRIAGE RATHER YOU PLAN FOR YOUR MARRIAGE.
Re: Spend More Time And Plan For Your Marriage And Not Just The Wedding,this Divorce by santakris(m): 6:44am On Jul 19, 2013
Well said.
Re: Spend More Time And Plan For Your Marriage And Not Just The Wedding,this Divorce by EfemenaXY: 6:50am On Jul 19, 2013
Blame it on societal pressures to get hitched by-fire-by-force.

Let's face it. Marriage is not a can of beans, and neither is it suitable for everyone.
Re: Spend More Time And Plan For Your Marriage And Not Just The Wedding,this Divorce by mgbeketoto: 7:04am On Jul 19, 2013
Easier said than DONE!
How do you 'plan' for a marriage? cheesy
Get in there first. . . then you realize you are driving a VEHICLE without brakes!
SHIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!! grin

Hmm! Some peeps tink say MARRIAGE na 'cook-book'!

I DEY LAUGH O! grin
Re: Spend More Time And Plan For Your Marriage And Not Just The Wedding,this Divorce by Princesszoe: 7:53am On Jul 19, 2013
[b]There are some men and women who possess very bad and poor attitude. They are not stable. They are agreement and promise breakers. They are the gullible type. They are fickle minded and can be influenced by friends, parents, business partners, life, easily.They are not to be confided in. Such people can agree on somethings with you during courtship only to change the agreement after wedding. This could be very dangerous as it can remove the love once shared and tear the marriage into shreds. When some one breaches the agreement he or she had with the partner during courtship, such a person has totally betrayed not only the partner but the union.

Some of these changes comes in when one partner starts to compare his or her partner with other partners such as: Mrs A gave birth to two kids yet she is still very attractive whereas mine only gave birth to one but has exploded and this couple might have agreed to sincerely accept each other the way they look or will look later on. Some women might say: Mr A has been able to build mansion after his 4 years in business but mine only pays for 3 bedroom flats and has been 6 years in business. Apparently this issues of fine body of a woman and financial growth of a man have drove some married man and women into adultery in which they forgot to recall that they are betrayals owing to the agreement they reach earlier before marriage and also owing to the fact the these nonsense reasons were not added to God's instruction concerning marriage. That is why the worst candidate of marriage is a man or woman without fear of God. In agreement and discussions about the dos and don't during courtship, is not how far you have agreed with your partner but how well the agreement will be kept by you or your partner. I have more to say brb................ [/b]
Re: Spend More Time And Plan For Your Marriage And Not Just The Wedding,this Divorce by chigodo(m): 8:44am On Jul 19, 2013
In as much as I agree with you,I've also realised that the quantity of time invested in planning a wedding (less than 24hrs event) if channeled to planning for the real marriage like discussing salient issues like,would you like your woman to continue with her job or resign as soon as kids starts coming,would like us have our relatives live with us or just both of us and maybe a house help and many other more important issues to be discussed,then divorce rate will be minimised.

mgbeketoto: Easier said than DONE!
How do you 'plan' for a marriage? cheesy
Get in there first. . . then you realize you are driving a VEHICLE without brakes!
SHIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!! grin
Re: Spend More Time And Plan For Your Marriage And Not Just The Wedding,this Divorce by mgbeketoto: 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2013
chigodo: In as much as I agree with you,I've also realised that the quantity of time invested in planning a wedding (less than 24hrs event) if channeled to planning for the real marriage like discussing salient issues like,would you like your woman to continue with her job or resign as soon as kids starts coming,would like us have our relatives live with us or just both of us and maybe a house help and many other more important issues to be discussed,then divorce rate will be minimised.

Like I stated earlier, you can PLAN all you want.
MARRIAGE is like a BLOKOS!
It can suffer PAWA failure at ANYTIME!
It has a mind of its own! kiss

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

75-yr-old Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Alleged Battery / No Holds Barred: 10 Things Nigerian Women Must Know Before Marriage / Photos: Meet The Teenager With The Longest Neck In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.