Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Nigerian American Trying To Learn Her Language - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian American Trying To Learn Her Language (1238 Views)

Who Is A Nigerian American? Are They The Same As American Nigerian? / Igala Nigerian American In The NFL / Were There Any Nigerian American Citizens Prior To The 1970s? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian American Trying To Learn Her Language by onyinye2(f): 12:47am On May 24, 2008
Hey fellow members. I have been trying to learn my native language igbo for quite a while. I would normally ask my parents but it is a surprise for them. So i was wondering if any of you know any websites i may go to that can help me on my quest. Thanks and may God bless you all. kiss
Re: Nigerian American Trying To Learn Her Language by chisimdi(f): 12:59am On May 24, 2008
It's going 2 b difficult 4 u now dat u r older,dats d mistake sm parents make while bringing up their children up in europe or america.Idn't kw about getting info frm any website,but i can tell u sm things like:Kedu aha gi?Afo ole ka idi?I bu onye ebe na ala igbo.Answer these,let me c hw gud u re.Lol
Re: Nigerian American Trying To Learn Her Language by krazynaija(m): 12:32pm On Jun 20, 2008
not gud at all grin
Re: Nigerian American Trying To Learn Her Language by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:04pm On Jun 23, 2008
You could try getting a book, but the ultimate path to learning the language would be to experience it where its being spoken. I tried learning french, initially i was really improving, but since i was living in an english speaking country, i had difficulty later on speaking and eventually speak a little
Re: Nigerian American Trying To Learn Her Language by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 19, 2008
dude no one speaks igbo again! learn yoruba, thats the only original naija language! igbo language is illegal in nigeria smiley
Re: Nigerian American Trying To Learn Her Language by OgidiBoy(m): 7:43am On Jul 19, 2008
engineerd:

dude no one speaks igbo again! learn yoruba, thats the only original naija language! igbo language is illegal in nigeria smiley

see your mouth, bushman like you. Yoruba indeed angry angry dirty people nonsense.
Re: Nigerian American Trying To Learn Her Language by doyin13(m): 7:48am On Jul 19, 2008
OgidiBoy:

see your mouth, bushman like you. Yoruba indeed angry angry dirty people nonsense.

lol. . . .U really should learn not to allow urself be baited so easily.
Re: Nigerian American Trying To Learn Her Language by OgidiBoy(m): 7:50am On Jul 19, 2008
Don't mind me o grin just got back from the club and I think I had one too many drinks grin
Re: Nigerian American Trying To Learn Her Language by Gabry(f): 8:15am On Jul 19, 2008
Ok I teach you Igbo.

Nne is sister and Nna is Brother.

Oops! Sorry. . . Unfortunately thats the only thing I know. I know slightly more Pidgin and Yoruba though. Heheh! undecided
Re: Nigerian American Trying To Learn Her Language by echelon(m): 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2008
Onyinye lee anya ebe a (look here):

1. http://ilc.igbonet.com/
2.http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/uwandiigbo/

The first is a website for learning the language
The second is a yahoo groups dedicated to Igbo culture

All you need is commitment…

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Love Titles So Much? / Picture Of Awo's Visit To Niger Delta In 1952 / Pics:Benin Palace Chiefs Break The Native Chalk As Mourning Continues 4 Late Oba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.