Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,261 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? (864 Views)

.com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For / Are You A Blogger Or Plan To Start A Blog, Get This Domain Name For FREE / I Want To Sell This Domain Name: Allpcdownloads.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by ohaleoghene(f): 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hello pals ? OK first I am a novice in web world . I have two domain names :ladiescolumn.com and myhealthandi.com . Mx plan earlier was to run both sites , but I realised it won't be easy , since I am trying to complete my first novel , so I decided to put them up for sale . The thing is , I have posted few things on both site , but me worried if I can still sell them still . Like the domain parking stuff . Pls also , will like to know if the names are good. Thank u . Do not mind my English , I am typing with a phone .
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by GraphicsPlus(m): 1:14pm On Jul 19, 2013
The best thing you can do is to allow them to naturally expire and become available for registration again. If you think you cant manage both, then choose the one you like and forget about the other. Talking about whether the names are good. This is the question you should ask yourself initially before registering them in the first place. It`s you that will determine what you want to do and the domain name that will fit it. As for selling the domain name, forget about it. Nobody may be willing to buy it. Choose the one you like and let go of the other. If you don`t want both names again, let them go.
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by ohaleoghene(f): 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2013
GraphicsPlus: The best thing you can do is to allow them to naturally expire and become available for registration again. If you think you cant manage both, then choose the one you like and forget about the other. Talking about whether the names are good. This is the question you should ask yourself initially before registering them in the first place. It`s you that will determine what you want to do and the domain name that will fit it. As for selling the domain name, forget about it. Nobody may be willing to buy it. Choose the one you like and let go of the other. If you don`t want both names again, let them go.

Thanks. Think I will just pick out one then .
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by teemy(m): 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
try flippa.com for selling the one you want m leave out. small change might still come out sending the expiry date. I feel anything ladies have better market chances if managed well grin
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by ohaleoghene(f): 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
teemy: try flippa.com for selling the one you want m leave out. small change might still come out sending the expiry date. I feel anything ladies have better market chances if managed well grin

The thing is , I do not know how to sell it . Can you put me through ? And also remember I already posted few stuff on it .my question is can I still wipe them off , aand make the site look new ? Pls I need suggestions ASAP
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by teemy(m): 10:44am On Jul 20, 2013
simply register as a seller and be sure to let your price be inexpensive for faster sales. showing good traffic stats/traffic would give you higher evaluation but if it is domain alone also possible. just read through the site, you have all the help
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by ohaleoghene(f): 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2013
teemy: simply register as a seller and be sure to let your price be inexpensive for faster sales. showing good traffic stats/traffic would give you higher evaluation but if it is domain alone also possible. just read through the site, you have all the help

Thank you , will try it out .
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by teemy(m): 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2013
you can also do domain parking with google for ad returns
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by ohaleoghene(f): 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2013
teemy: you can also do domain parking with google for ad returns

Like how much do you think is reasonble enough ? I dnt have an idea for how much is inexpensive . Thanks .
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by ohaleoghene(f): 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2013

How do I do the google domain park ? I just registered on flippa .com
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by teemy(m): 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2013
ohaleoghene:

Like how much do you think is reasonble enough ? I dnt have an idea for how much is inexpensive . Thanks .
sample and review what others have for sale there as well to get a fair price range. P.S low to move fast.
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by teemy(m): 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2013
ohaleoghene:
How do I do the google domain park ? I just registered on flippa .com
keyword 'adsense for domains' on google. it's one of their adsense modules. OR click the adsense link at google if you want to play around first
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by ohaleoghene(f): 1:01pm On Jul 21, 2013
teemy: keyword 'adsense for domains' on google. it's one of their adsense modules. OR click on the adsense lin google if you want to play around first

Trying it out . Will let u know once it worked . God bless
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by ohaleoghene(f): 3:14pm On Jul 23, 2013

Hello , they asking that I pay through credit card , but what I have is GTB master card . Can I use it ? Thank u
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by teemy(m): 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
how so? you should be registering for google adsense and once in you will see the 'adsense for domains' link. at your registrar you then change your nameservers to the one google gives you. thereafter, you will see google adverts on the page.
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by ohaleoghene(f): 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
teemy: how so? you should be registering for google adsense and once in you will see the 'adsense for domains' link. at your registrar you then change your nameservers to the one google gives you. thereafter, you will see google adverts on the page.

Nope , payment is required on flippa.com . I haven't tried the adense yet . Still on flippa , will my GTB master card pay for it ?
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by teemy(m): 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2013
It should but as you are trying to save money ni use their free access first instead of putting more money on the line of which there is no 100% guarantee. Cheers
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by ohaleoghene(f): 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
Is there free acess on flippa . Com? If there is , te me how to find it .
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by teemy(m): 4:32pm On Jul 26, 2013
will check through my flippa account when i am at home. what you pay for on flippa is 'more exposure' as it is basically free. just add your domain
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by ohaleoghene(f): 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
teemy: will check through my flippa account when i am at home. what you pay for on flippa is 'more exposure' as it is basically free. just add your domain

I ran into godaddy .com is that one good ? Though it requires I pay $4. And little fraction as against flippa asking for more . I think I like godday .com . You pay just a membership fee , and list as many domain as possible , and get to pay success fee after sales .
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by teemy(m): 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
google up 'is domain flipping still profitable?' just forgetting the domain and letting it expire out might just be ok as graphicsplus pointed out. my own angle was to utilize the possibility of making a little extra at no extra cost. cheers
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by valdubem(m): 7:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
OP flip ur domains at sedo.com or smartflipp.com
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by helpfulposts(m): 9:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
@OP, i hope u just registered that first domain on the 22/6/13. The Nigerian factor will be an hindrance if u want to sell it. U also register the domain an African company, if u are able to sell it how can u transfer the domain to the buyer?
Re: How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ? by ibietela2(m): 8:41am On Jul 28, 2013
$5 for the 2 domains.....
Take it or Lose it

(1) (Reply)

Lessons To Learn From NAIRALAND Shut Down Over 5days For ALL Nairalanders / Gaining More Likes On Facebook Fan Page ** Promote Your Business ** Make Cool $$ / Free Domain & Hosting For A Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.