Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Delicious!!! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Delicious!!! (781 Views)

How To Make Crispy Delicious Scotch Eggs / Do You Love EGGS? Most Delicious Things You Can Do With Eggs / How To Cook Delicious Achi And Okazi Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delicious!!! by eyescue(m): 11:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hello house! Last time i was here, i presented a new kind of food that i accidentally prepared with corn and groundnut as i had nothing to cook that night and which happened to be delicious. Yes, no kind of food/food combination was ever born rather it was one or two persons that came together, reasoned it out and started cooking it and before you know it, its already everywhere. And thats what this kind of food i accidentally made is about turning to. Yes it was delicious but has only one short coming which was that the corn and groundnut was not together/sticky like rice and beans would be or beans and corn after cooking. Rather they were one one, that scatered.
Now, having liked how the food tasted, i went and thought of better way to make the necessary ameandment. And thus here we go.
INGREDIENTS:
1. 2cups of fresh corn(oka)
2. 2cups of fresh groundnut(apapa)
3. Scent leaf(ahugi or nchuonwu)
4. Smoked fish
5. Fresh pepper
6. Crayfish
7. Onion
8. Red oil(mmanu nri)
9. Maggi
10. Salt
11. Oil bean(ukpaka)
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Boil first the corn to soften to your taste
2. Remove/break out the groundnuts from cobs, wash and grate/grind roughly but not much.
3. Add the grated groundnut to the corn, add also the ingredients and continue the cooking for about 15-20 mins or till the corn and groundnut softens to your taste.
Then food is ready....yummychummy. It has the looks of a well prepared breadfruit(ukwa) delicacy. Olalacious! Take a look of mine but don't salivate.

Re: Delicious!!! by eyescue(m): 11:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
eyescue: Hello house! Last time i was here, i presented a new kind of food that i accidentally prepared with corn and groundnut as i had nothing to cook that night and which happened to be delicious. Yes, no kind of food/food combination was ever born rather it was one or two persons that came together, reasoned it out and started cooking it and before you know it, its already everywhere. And thats what this kind of food i accidentally made is about turning to. Yes it was delicious but has only one short coming which was that the corn and groundnut was not together/sticky like rice and beans would be or beans and corn after cooking. Rather they were one one, that scatered.
Now, having liked how the food tasted, i went and thought of better way to make the necessary ameandment. And thus here we go.
INGREDIENTS:
1. 2cups of fresh corn(oka)
2. 2cups of fresh groundnut(apapa)
3. Scent leaf(ahugi or nchuonwu)
4. Smoked fish
5. Fresh pepper
6. Crayfish
7. Onion
8. Red oil(mmanu nri)
9. Maggi
10. Salt
11. Oil bean(ukpaka)
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Boil first the corn to soften to your taste
2. Remove/break out the groundnuts from cobs, wash and grate/grind roughly but not much.
3. Add the grated groundnut to the corn, add also the ingredients and continue the cooking for about 15-20 mins or till the corn and groundnut softens to your taste.
Then food is ready....yummychummy. It has the looks of a well prepared breadfruit(ukwa) delicacy. Olalacious! Take a look of mine but don't salivate.

Re: Delicious!!! by Nomski0(f): 11:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
What do we eat it with?
Bread
Eba
Amala
Akpu
or we just eat without anything
Re: Delicious!!! by eyescue(m): 8:33am On Jul 20, 2013
Nomski0: What do we eat it with?
Bread
Eba
Amala
Akpu
or we just eat without anything
Just like that. Its a rich and complete meal on its own. Especially judging by the nutritional content

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Garlic Bread / Are You Sure Of The Source Of That Water? / @ben Bruce: Please Anambra Rice Is Not N9000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.