Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,206 members, 7,953,766 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:54 AM

Say No To Child Marriage - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Say No To Child Marriage (15340 Views)

This Diwali, Avoid Crackers, Say No To Pollution / The Need To Say NO TO CULTISM / Pains Of Girl-child Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Orikinla(m): 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2013
Would these men watch to see their own daughters getting violated instead of getting educated?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJsvklXhYaE
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Donmichaelz(m): 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
A man who wanted to justify his evil deed such as violent,bombing,child abuse,blasphemy just needed to do 1 thing,Form a religion,make it a practice in dat religion and name the religion. ISLAM
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by okpurukata(f): 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2013
I am saying NO to this evil called child marriage.
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2013
Oh dear, how sad cry reminds me of the little girls taken out of school back in primary school days in Kano. Ameria is what they are called, their husbands buy cheap jewelries and clothes for them making them dress nicely like it's gonna be fun where they were going. Poor poor girls. May God punish any old man that defiles an under age in the name of marriage. Cheap old arseeehoe!
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by BodyKiss(m): 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2013
engrjidex: God go save us...

You need to save yourself first.
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Oshiite: 5:07pm On Jul 20, 2013
Shame,shame and more shame,may all who endorsed this die a bitter death,dat yerima is a clown and a wicked man
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Btruth: 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
To be honest, I really can't sometimes understand some of the doctrines in Islamic. Will it not be absurd for a man in his fifties having a lusty emotion towards a child even below 15 years?

To me, I think it's just a sickness or diseases. What respect would the children (even the boys of the same age) have for the society that have so much started taking their future lightly all for the sake of few Senators who are pervert?

- What is Mr President saying about this?
- What are the ministers sayings about this? (Especially the likes of Nkozi Okonjo-Ewenla)
- what is the CBN governor saying about this?
- what are the members of the house saying?
- what are the association of market women saying?
- what are the NBA saying?
- what are the Unions & different association saying?
- what are the governors saying?
- what are the Imams & Pastors saying? ( Baba Adeboye, Rev. Oyedepo, Pastor Chris, others, what are you all saying?)
- what are the doctors saying? &
- what are the teachers, lectures & others saying?

Nigeria is doom with this new trends of fashion from our Senators. How did they want to tell us that this is what we voted them for? Are these people truly representing us again? They've so much filled themselves with all our treasury only to turn around now to hunt us.

Though Senator Yerima could be sick in the head, but must other senators follow suit? I thought most of them are learners, why are they all behaving like someone with such as a descendant from Sodom & Gomorrah?

If they can have their way in sleeping or messing around with a 13 years old child, then I think Nigeria is ripe enough to be legalize to have power to carry short guns. If I have my short gun, let me see any motherfucker that will come around my children.

Useless law makers, taking the whole nation for a ride. PERVERT
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
Afro connect:
You are a waste to humanity.

I don't know how to respond to you cos you've never posted anything worth debating. You are just as primitive as they come.

As for your ad hominem attack - I believe your mother should have swallowed you and save humanity another another ret.arded ape.

Egba-girl

Why are you citing the killing of twins? Have they ever killed twins in your own culture?
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
#ChildNotBride were is the first lady. This is the issue she should be talking about
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Egbagirl(f): 5:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
shymexx:

I don't know how to respond to you cos you've never posted anything worth debating. You are just as primitive as they come.

As for your ad hominem attack - I believe your mother should have swallowed you and save humanity another another ret.arded ape.

Egba-girl

Why are you citing the killing of twins? Have they ever killed twins in your own culture?

But we are talking about respecting cultures and all that no?

I am also not aware of girls getting married at 10/11/13 in the Yoruba culture. Pls educate me if I'm wrong
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Donmichaelz(m): 5:10pm On Jul 20, 2013
How to stop child Abuse?simple
How to stop cobwebs?kill the spider
There in orther to stop child abuse kill Islam,cos dats d spider of Child abuse.......am a BHUDIST if u want to insult me send it to BHUDA
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 20, 2013
Egba girl:

But we are talking about respecting cultures and all that no?

I am also not aware of girls getting married at 10/11/13 in the Yoruba culture. Pls educate me if I'm wrong

More reason why it should be the prerogative of those affected by it. This is more like a distraction from what needs to be done in that country n a reason for people to stand up and ask for the restructuring of the country. With that, pedos, homos, prostitutes and ritualists can practise what they want in their part of the country without disturbing other people.
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Egbagirl(f): 5:19pm On Jul 20, 2013
shymexx:

More reason why it should be the prerogative of those affected by it. This is more like a distraction from what needs to be done in that country n a reason for people to stand up and ask for the restructuring of the country. With that, pedos, homos, prostitutes and ritualists can practise what they want in their part of the country without disturbing other people.

Smh that's how you see it? Their problem not mine. Alright then, to each his own and let's see how that works out.

Oh n btw, in doing so, don't try an force it on others. To those who talk about it being their culture and we shouldn't force our opinion or beliefs on them, can you also remind them that they shouldn't force theirs on others either?
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by saolab: 5:20pm On Jul 20, 2013
Double standard people that just crying foul for what does not concerned them and leave the important issues. When they legalise gay marriage in some countres,does it mean all the people in those country were involved?. Since the law did not mandate anybody to marry against thier wish, Let everybody leave his/her life as wish, Nigeria is a secular state that is why we are fighting boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Say No To Child Marriage by ccollins(m): 5:21pm On Jul 20, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wink wink wink wink wink @ op,Nigeria[color=#000099][/color] is a country based diversified and multiple cultures,behaviours, public mood, traditions,norms and values.... i am not in support of the child marriage thing but Nigerians must not be stereotyped on this subject-matter

1 Like

Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 20, 2013
[quote author=deols]NOt having child marriage would be really good.

But this matter goes beyond simply saying No.

What do you have for them in exchange for it? How do you change the thought that you are trying to change their social order.

It is not the marriage per se but what goes on in it.

People need to stop being overly emotional.
Is it the sex, the maturity, the education they'll be missing?

Dealing with the relevant issues rather than religious/tribal bigotry will go a long way.
nd if i may ask wot r d relevant issues?

1 Like

Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2013
Egba girl:

Smh that's how you see it? Their problem not mine. Alright then, to each his own and let's see how that works out.

Oh n btw, in doing so, don't try an force it on others. To those who talk about it being their culture and we shouldn't force our opinion or beliefs on them, can you also remind them that they shouldn't force theirs on others either?

Northerners aren't complaining and I don't think they are forcing it on all Nigerians. You need to stop being over pro-Nigeria and focus on Yoruba and things that affect you directly. There's no one-Nigeria but Yoruba is your identity.

How these people chose to lead their lives is no one's business. They can legalise in.cest for themselves and I won't give fvcks. Same for the part of naija where homos reign supreme.

1 Like

Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2013
If am correct,the issue here is, it should not be made legal. ofcourse it is part of thier culture which am sure is respected by the law,aside the fact that the age backed by the constitution is 18. making it legal for the whole nation is a no no.
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by 12345DKO(m): 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2013
I SAY A BIG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TO GIRL CHILD MARRIAGE.
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by ALISMILE(m): 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2013
This post is just another funny lie meant to aggravate emotions. I read tru the reactions and i'm suprised how nigerians are so gullible. PROTEST!!! The biggest prob we re facin in this country today is corruption and bad governance. Gov & Politicians steal our money daily in trillions and nobody is talkin about protestin. The min of finance has been sayin for weeks now that the nation is broke despite our riches. The level of unemployement unbelievably high yet no protest. We fail to protest to hold gov responsible for its failures.now we condemn dis and we are plannin to protest SIMPLY because it involves the culture and religion of people we hate and despise,tho we re not bein forced to practice it. You guys want trouble.You cant deceive me wit this kind of post!This post is just another funny lie meant to aggravate emotions. I read tru the reactions and i'm suprised how nigerians are so gullible. PROTEST!!! The biggest prob we re facin in this country today is corruption and bad governance. Gov & Politicians steal our money daily in trillions and nobody is talkin about protestin. The min of finance has been sayin for weeks now that the nation is broke despite our riches. The level of unemployement unbelievably high yet no protest. We fail to protest to hold gov responsible for its failures.now we condemn dis and we are plannin to protest SIMPLY because it involves the culture and religion of people we hate and despise,tho we re not bein forced to practice it. You guys want trouble.You cant deceive me wit this kind of post!This post is just another funny lie meant to aggravate emotions. I read tru the reactions and i'm suprised how nigerians are so gullible. PROTEST!!! The biggest prob we re facin in this country today is corruption and bad governance. Gov & Politicians steal our money daily in trillions and nobody is talkin about protestin. The min of finance has been sayin for weeks now that the nation is broke despite our riches. The level of unemployement unbelievably high yet no protest. We fail to protest to hold gov responsible for its failures.now we condemn dis and we are plannin to protest SIMPLY because it involves the culture and religion of people we hate and despise,tho we re not bein forced to practice it. You guys want trouble.You cant deceive me wit this kind of post!
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by dasparrow: 5:45pm On Jul 20, 2013
@Post

A very emotional post. The day Nigeria legalizes child marriage will be the day I will have nothing more to do with this country.

1 Like

Re: Say No To Child Marriage by ALISMILE(m): 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2013
shymexx:

Northerners aren't complaining and I don't think they are forcing it on all Nigerians. You need to stop being over pro-Nigeria and focus on Yoruba and things that affect you directly. There's no one-Nigeria but Yoruba is your identity.

How these people chose to lead their lives is no one's business. They can legalise in.cest for themselves and I won't give fvcks. Same for the part of naija where homos reign supreme.
I dont understand how we southerners get overly emotional about issues. How can we be talkin about protestin over other peoples culture and beliefs. We re lookin trouble here.
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 20, 2013
http://www.change.org/petitions/united-nations-stop-the-nigerian-senate-from-making-under-age-marriage-the-law

Sign this petition!

Those girls deserve a better life!!!

They did not choose to be born into that culture/religion....

So drop the culture/religion balderdash!!!
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Junki04(m): 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2013
autumn.flower:
Why are you guys taking panadol for other people headache??

Why is NL poisoning the mind of people, indirectly?? Abi its all part of traffic?

People die everyday of hunger, theres corruption to the worst level, no electricity, very bad roads, health care is terrible.. This are things that affect the common man daily but we dont care to fight that, its something that does not concern you and have no effect on your lives that your killing yourselves over.
I don't care if I get banned but urran idiot for saying dt... wit pple lyk u,9ja wil neva b beta
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2013
ALISMILE: I dont understand how we southerners get overly emotional about issues. How can we be talkin about protestin over other peoples culture and beliefs. We re lookin trouble here.

Don't mind these cowardly Southerners who can't punch their way out of a paper bag. They can't protest against their servitude, corruption, and their women all over Europe disgracing black people by working as prostitutes - yet they want to protest against other people's culture.

When those mofos up North start chopping off their limbs and heads, then they will start calling them barbaric. I now see why Northerners are very brutal and vicious - leave them alone. undecided

A man's culture is his pride - taking that away from him, will always make him worthless.
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by nneh1(f): 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
Codedrock: I see nothing bad with a guy of 17 married to 16 its not badt if there is love..
guy try and wear your glasses next time when you want to read. Yarima is above 50yrs and got married to a 13yr old baby not 17 or 16.
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
How will you as a Nigerian face the citizens of other countries and say,"My tribe do not share the same belief with these savages," yet we share the same Nigeria with them?! The system handed over to our leaders in independence simply change the colonial masters with indigeneous masters. The tribes need to get their own independence; then, and only then will everyone live in peace.
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by autumnflower(f): 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2013
Junki04: I don't care if I get banned but urran idiot for saying dt... wit pple lyk u,9ja wil neva b beta
father of the girl doesnt see any issue with giving out his daughter neither does the mother.. So why should you?

How many of these girls have se,x on a constant basis, some get pregnant and abort. Is it not better to be married and have a family legally than practice premarital sex, get pregnant and comit murder? Some even do itt over and over before they are 18.
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by luvmijeje(f): 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
Junki04: I don't care if I get banned but urran idiot for saying dt... wit pple lyk u,9ja wil neva b beta
God bless you! Anytime I read post like this, the hope I have for this country always burn brighter.
I have no other country. We need more people that reason as human first, then as a Nigerian.
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by ALISMILE(m): 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
Afro connect:
You are a waste to humanity.
saviour of mankind. But can u just allow peoples culture be and stop disturbin urself. All this sentiment wont work.
Re: Say No To Child Marriage by Evergreen4(m): 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
Kick against the childbride law. Click "like" if u are against this dastardly act of our pervert senators

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Gift Of A Good Man / The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.