Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,236 members, 7,957,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:30 PM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (283822 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by obisite: 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2014
Elxandre:
You must de-register from the update before you can get cyan.
Download the preview developer app again, and make sure you untick the box that signifies your agreement to the developer preview scheme, else, you will only end up downloading another developer preview update again!

Pls any page on this thread on the step to step on how to upgrade to 8.1, usinq Lumia 520 though...., or if any one can draw up a step to step,, pls....
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by solomityo(m): 7:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
obisite:

Pls any page on this thread on the step to step on how to upgrade to 8.1, usinq Lumia 520 though...., or if any one can draw up a step to step,, pls....
Go to your settings on ur phone, scroll to phone update and check for updates. You will see it there. Then use ur wireless network to download.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 8:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
obisite:

How did u subscribe to it? Wil the 700mb be enough for the update?
Yes, it should be enough, if the update doesn't break off midway. That's why I recommend a strong network signal.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
obisite:

Have you downloaded developer preview initially?
If you have, follow the procedure I gave to the other guy previously.
Else,
Just search for update and start off downloading it.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 12:49am On Sep 09, 2014
Honestly speaking in still on Lumia Black and I don't know when I'm going to upgrade sef grin
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 3:54am On Sep 09, 2014
talktimi: Honestly speaking in still on Lumia Black and I don't know when I'm going to upgrade sef grin

Wao! You try o. Can't just stand it.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by obisite: 4:50am On Sep 09, 2014
Elxandre:
Have you downloaded developer preview initially?
If you have, follow the procedure I gave to the other guy previously.
Else,
Just search for update and start off downloading it.

Thanks! Buh what code did u use to subcribe for 700mb at #400
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by solomityo(m): 6:39am On Sep 09, 2014
obisite:

you can get more than 5Gig for tat N400 with etisalat PAY by pulse.
Its a plan you pay by minutes you browse and its unlimited downloads. Tats wat i used to download games of 1gig on my phone n also updates my phone. Its charge at N15 per 5mins

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Durchmann(m): 8:22am On Sep 09, 2014
solomityo:
Its a plan you pay by minutes you browse and its unlimited downloads. Tats wat i used to downloading games of 1gig on my phone n also updates my phone. Its charge at N15 per 5mins

Wow! What's the code for that subscription?

I've never heard of that and i would like to try it out.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 8:23am On Sep 09, 2014
obisite:

Coweek to 777.
I hope you know how this subscription works?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 09, 2014
what phone r u using and is it bcuz of mb or u havent gotten an update yet. if ur on DP i suggest u downgrade back to normal OS then upgrade cuz it will tey small b4 the update comes for DP
talktimi: Honestly speaking in still on Lumia Black and I don't know when I'm going to upgrade sef grin
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by obisite: 11:36am On Sep 09, 2014
solomityo:
Go to your settings on ur phone, scroll to phone update and check for updates. You will see it there. Then use ur wireless network to download.

I did download it, after the 100%, it automatically goes to preparing to install till it gets to 100%, d thing just hanged at 100% nothinq else, what else should I doooooo? See me see upgradinq...
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by obisite: 11:39am On Sep 09, 2014
solomityo:
Its a plan you pay by minutes you browse and its unlimited downloads. Tats wat i used to downloading games of 1gig on my phone n also updates my phone. Its charge at N15 per 5mins

Thanks man!,, usinq it already, use it to download d phone update n installation, just wondering n hopin I did d right thing.. Yet to finish d full instalation though
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 11:41am On Sep 09, 2014
kinesis: what phone r u using and is it bcuz of mb or u havent gotten an update yet. if ur on DP i suggest u downgrade back to normal OS then upgrade cuz it will tey small b4 the update comes for DP
I've gotten the update already just havnt felt like doing it yet.... Black is serving me well already, can't wait to get my hands on the 1020 (presently using a 520 to test the Windows waters grin )
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by guyANDROID1: 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
obisite:

Thanks man!,, usinq it already, use it to download d phone update n installation, just wondering n hopin I did d right thing.. Yet to finish d full instalation though
post here when you're done with the full installation....
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by solomityo(m): 7:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
Durchmann:

Wow! What's the code for that subscription?

I've never heard of that and i would like to try it out.
first dial *229*0# to cancel any active plan then once you get d msg dial *229*5*7# to enter d plan. Remember to deactivate after you use it o. Cos once you connect tat line to internet whether you browse or not ur money will go. Its so good for downloading.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 11:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
Chibabi: hv tried reachin glo costomer care but stil no way out

If you're on WP8.1 already, go to SETTINGS, then open ACCESS POINT. Click on "+" to add new access point and enter the details from the screenshot for Glo.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 11:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kinesis, so I used Nokia recovery tool to leave DP. Now, the update to cyan isn't forth coming. How long do I have to wait? cry cry
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 11:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
UjSizzle:
It lagged so much on my device that I had to delete it.
If it's any better now I might try again.
It didn't lag in mine! Worked smoothly; though uninstalled due to leaving DP and somewhat flashing my phone. Using a Lumia 925
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 12:20am On Sep 10, 2014
Feraz: Kinesis, so I used Nokia recovery tool to leave DP. Now, the update to cyan isn't forth coming. How long do I have to wait? cry cry

If I were you I'd wait it out for MSFT to reverse their decision on rolling out the cyan for WP8.1 dp users or fixing the bit locker encryption error that caused the update issues rather than going thru the hassle of downgrading and then waiting to get an unsure WP8.1+Cyan to come. I've noticed that the major thing I'm missing by not having cyan is the addition of Dolby and equalizer capabilities for the external speakers. But I already enjoy all that thru my earphones, so no qualms. Besides, not having cyan did not preclude me from getting GDR1 which I already rock too with its added features. So I'm good with my WP8.1.1 (minus cyan). I don't even expect to have problem with Lumia Demin coming soon.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 12:47am On Sep 10, 2014
ceaser:
If I were you I'd wait it out for MSFT to reverse their decision on rolling out the cyan for WP8.1 dp users or fixing the bit locker encryption error that caused the update issues rather than going thru the hassle of downgrading and then waiting to get an unsure WP8.1+Cyan to come. I've noticed that the major thing I'm missing by not having cyan is the addition of Dolby and equalizer capabilities for the external speakers. But I already enjoy all that thru my earphones, so no qualms. Besides, not having cyan did not preclude me from getting GDR1 which I already rock too with its added features. So I'm good with my WP8.1.1 (minus cyan). I don't even expect to have problem with Lumia Demin coming soon.
Arrrggghhhhh!!! This is what I wanted to avoid. Regretting doing this after downgrading already. It's just that I felt there was a major update on Cyan not knowing it's just the camera. Oh well, I'll have to update regularly. Thanks all the same. I may still go back to DP though.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by obisite: 11:44am On Sep 10, 2014
solomityo:
first dial *229*0# to cancel any active plan then once you get d msg dial *229*5*7# to enter d plan. Remember to deactivate after you use it o. Cos once you connect tat line to internet whether you browse or not ur money will go. Its so good for downloading.

Menh! This etizalat stuf drains oooo, after d 1st 200 I loaded, I did download fine, buh average other airtime I load, if I try chat tru whatsapp or do any internet service, all d airtime gets drains, choi! I don enter GOBE, lost #900 not even downloadin anythin,

Lemme try glo n see, choi!!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
i wud advise u stay on the official version cuz i dont really see a need to have d dp now since all lumias r upgradeable to 8.1 with cyan
Feraz: Arrrggghhhhh!!! This is what I wanted to avoid. Regretting doing this after downgrading already. It's just that I felt there was a major update on Cyan not knowing it's just the camera. Oh well, I'll have to update regularly. Thanks all the same. I may still go back to DP though.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
still unable to upgrade to 8.1
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by honorbule(m): 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
yet to upgrade o....please is the wifi in ozone good?....and check out operamini better for wp...for beta testers tho..
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
kinesis: i wud advise u stay on the official version cuz i dont really see a need to have d dp now since all lumias r upgradeable to 8.1 with cyan
Mine is yet to be upgraded despite using recovery tool.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by solomityo(m): 5:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
obisite:

Menh! This etizalat stuf drains oooo, after d 1st 200 I loaded, I did download fine, buh average other airtime I load, if I try chat tru whatsapp or do any internet service, all d airtime gets drains, choi! I don enter GOBE, lost #900 not even downloadin anythin,

Lemme try glo n see, choi!!
told you to deactivate it after downloading. Its not a plan for chatting. Only for download
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 5:55am On Sep 11, 2014
For those that signed up for OperaMini beta testing, it has started last morning. First version was always crashing but it has been fixed. Posting with it now. It's awesome. like other OS OperaMinis.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by maxibrainz55: 6:13am On Sep 11, 2014
if you want to use glo Bis on your Samsung phone
call or add me on whatsap using 08126609722
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 11, 2014
what phone r u using?
Feraz: Mine is yet to be upgraded despite using recovery tool.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 3:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
kinesis: what phone r u using?
Lumia 925. I think it's giving me 24 hours interval for every update cos earlier this morning, I updated the apps in the phone; so maybe today again, it's gonna give another update.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
You don't need to downgrade your device before upgrading to cyan!!!
The said bitlocker issue was apparently fixed about 2 weeks ago.
Just make sure you sign out of developer preview before attempting to search for update.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (158) (Reply)

Code For Flashing Nokia Phones / The New USSD Code For Airtel Night Data Plan / Only D Best 4 Ur S60v3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.