Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,794 members, 7,827,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (279679 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by charlesm91(m): 8:03am On Jan 10, 2015
IanDiamonds:

Actually you can, dial ##3282# to go into the Field Test mode.
Once you're in tap the options bar at the lower end of your digitizer i.e. those three dots that appear at the lower end of your screen. Click Settings once the bar comes up and here you can select under Network Type 2G or 3G or 4G or whatever. Make sure you toggle TNS off. Might require a boot though. Do that and you're good to go.
any side effects? battery drain?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by opinchinoo(m): 11:55am On Jan 10, 2015
charlesm91:
ofcourse ba3 drain
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
kinesis:
Hope u all have received my mails o. I don send am.
am using lumia 820.
will like to have some piece.
here is my address. onyekeluchukwuebuka@yahoo.ca
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Enano2baba(m): 1:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
used nokia xl for sale @18k. location ILORIN, KWARA STATE. call on 08099408262
BBM 79FB2591.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by IanDiamonds: 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
charlesm91:
if your 3G or 4G LTE network is unstable, your battery 'lld drain faster. But once you have a stable and good Network reception, that's all you need to do..
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 10, 2015
IanDiamonds:
if your 3G or 4G LTE network is unstable, your battery 'lld drain faster. But once you have a stable and good Network reception, that's all you need to do..

am using Lumia 820, how can I activate 4G on my phone.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 9:51pm On Jan 10, 2015
IanDiamonds:

Actually you can, dial ##3282# to go into the Field Test mode.
Once you're in tap the options bar at the lower end of your digitizer i.e. those three dots that appear at the lower end of your screen. Click Settings once the bar comes up and here you can select under Network Type 2G or 3G or 4G or whatever. Make sure you toggle TNS off. Might require a boot though. Do that and you're good to go.
lol...
This has since been removed via the black update and above!
Dunno why they could do that.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
Help! Pls my lumia 900 doesn't pair with other phones through bluetooth. I don't know the reason why? It jst keeps saying device not supported.
And also it doesn't connect to my system at all. How can i rectify this pls?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by IanDiamonds: 4:38am On Jan 11, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

am using Lumia 820, how can I activate 4G on my phone.
Same Way using the Field Test Mode, ##3282# should get you there. Click on the 3 dots at the bottom of the screen to access the settings option, click settings and under network type, select 4G only. Plus make sure Toggle ENS is switched off
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by IanDiamonds: 4:43am On Jan 11, 2015
Elxandre:

lol...
This has since been removed via the black update and above!
Dunno why they could do that.

Mine still remains make sure before you apply any update, your on the "Preview for Developers" programme. If you're not on it, I can't assure you it would remain after updating. Plus if your phone was not initially locked to a specific carrier, you should have not problem switching between 2G and 3G once you're on Lumia cyan or a more recent update. Phones locked to At&T like mine have this feature unchanged like mine even after updating, though the Preview for Developers does come in handy.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 5:48am On Jan 11, 2015
IanDiamonds:

Same Way using the Field Test Mode, ##3282# should get you there. Click on the 3 dots at the bottom of the screen to access the settings option, click settings and under network type, select 4G only. Plus make sure Toggle ENS is switched off

with my SIM inserted to my phone?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Zoest(m): 8:01am On Jan 11, 2015
Guys d new innjoo leap2 windows 8.1, 3G pad is here, wit a price of #27995,its d best deal of d yr. U can even get a discount of @least #500, call,text or whatsapp to place ur order now!.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 10:33am On Jan 11, 2015
IanDiamonds:

Mine still remains make sure before you apply any update, your on the "Preview for Developers" programme. If you're not on it, I can't assure you it would remain after updating. Plus if your phone was not initially locked to a specific carrier, you should have not problem switching between 2G and 3G once you're on Lumia cyan or a more recent update. Phones locked to At&T like mine have this feature unchanged like mine even after updating, though the Preview for Developers does come in handy.
lucky you then.

I never had it even when i just bought it and it was on amber.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 10:35am On Jan 11, 2015
Zoest:
Guys d new innjoo leap2 windows 8.1, 3G pad is here, wit a price of #27995,its d best deal of d yr. U can even get a discount of @least #500, call,text or whatsapp to place ur order now!.
Chinko don enter Windows Phone, next na Tecno Windows Phone. etc
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by IanDiamonds: 11:00am On Jan 11, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

with my SIM inserted to my phone?

definitely with your sim inside the phone... The network option is a sim action... Though I'm yet to try it without a sim card....
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by IanDiamonds: 11:02am On Jan 11, 2015
Elxandre:

lucky you then.

I never had it even when i just bought it and it was on amber.

Make and model of your phone...and whats the OS ver you're currently on...?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 11:04am On Jan 11, 2015
IanDiamonds:

Make and model of your phone...and whats the OS ver you're currently on...?
520 denim
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by IanDiamonds: 11:06am On Jan 11, 2015
Unseen:

Chinko don enter Windows Phone, next na Tecno Windows Phone. etc

I think he's reffering to Win 8.1 desktop Os for tablets and not the Mobile win 8.1 OS...

Do you have any info on the opera official release date... this beta ver has too many bugs to deal with
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by IanDiamonds: 11:07am On Jan 11, 2015
Elxandre:

520 denim

Have you tried a custom Rom
Rom...??
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 11:13am On Jan 11, 2015
IanDiamonds:

Have you tried a custom Rom
Rom...??
I hate custom roms.

Is there any for the 520?
I think not!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
IanDiamonds:

definitely with your sim inside the phone... The network option is a sim action... Though I'm yet to try it without a sim card....

couldn't find 4G only there... What might be the problem?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by IanDiamonds: 3:40pm On Jan 11, 2015
Elxandre:

I hate custom roms.

Is there any for the 520?
I think not!

I saw one Indian Rom like that a while back.... Heard its good too
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by IanDiamonds: 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

couldn't find 4G only there... What might be the problem?

Can I see a screenshot..of your Field Test..??
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
IanDiamonds:

Can I see a screenshot..of your Field Test..??

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
IanDiamonds:

Do you have any info on the opera official release date... this beta ver has too many bugs to deal with

No info yet on the official Opera.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Awhyxlim(m): 7:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
Please I want to get d new lumia 535,but I heard it has screen issues wch can be fixed by update but I wanto know if d update is stressful or hard to perform,also can it play games,minimal ones at least & is it lumia denim & does it have d sweet cortana u guys have been talking about....thank you
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Awhyxlim(m): 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
Please I want to get d new lumia 535,but I heard it has screen issues wch can be fixed by update but I wanto know if d update is stressful or hard to perform,also can it play games,minimal ones at least & is it lumia denim & does it have d sweet cortana u guys have been talking about....also does d airtel #1500 for 2gb work on windows too...thank you
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2015
Qhal:
Help! Pls my lumia 900 doesn't pair with other phones through bluetooth. I don't know the reason why? It jst keeps saying device not supported.
Somebody help me out abeg!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 7:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
Awhyxlim:
Please I want to get d new lumia 535,but I heard it has screen issues wch can be fixed by update but I wanto know if d update is stressful or hard to perform,also can it play games,minimal ones at least & is it lumia denim & does it have d sweet cortana u guys have been talking about....also does d airtel #1500 for 2gb work on windows too...thank you

The Airtel data works. Cortana depends on the region you set your phone to. If you set Nigeria as your region, no Cortana for you. But if you use a region were Cortana is available, like U.S, you will have it.
As for the update, I still dey plan to buy my own Lumia 535 so I can't tell.
Yes, it is Lumia Demin out of box.
It should also play games, like all other Lumia phones

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 7:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
Qhal:

Your phone is not Windows Phone 8. It runs on Microsoft Windows Phone 7.5 Mango. For it to connect to your system, you will a software called Zune. Also google Microsoft Windows Phone 7.5 Mango for more info.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by IanDiamonds: 10:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Probably your device is not 4G Lte enabled.. The feat is market dependent, that might be the cause..

Mine was gotten from the USA, that might explain why I have the feat..
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 11:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
IanDiamonds:

is your internet sharing working? Mine refuse to turn on(Lumia 822 locked to Verizon but now unlocked)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.