Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Angola Picture Gallery - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Angola Picture Gallery (29487 Views)

Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery / Johannesburg (south Africa) Picture Gallery / Durban (south Africa) Picture Gallery: South Africa´s Third Largest City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angola Picture Gallery by Constantin: 12:54pm On May 25, 2006
I would like to open a thread on Angola which has unfortuntely been set back because of the nasty war but which has entered a period of boom during the past years. Investors are flocking to that once beautiful country and I think that the world will be surprised by Angola´s future because it really looks very bright (even outside of oil sector). Some people may wonder why I am interested in Angola as a Nigerian, but I have two good friends who come from this country , so I also dedicate this thread to them smiley

I WILL START WITH SHOWING PICTURES ON ANGOLA BEFORE THE WAR

THIS WAS HOW LUANDA LOOKED LIKE IN THE 70´S

this photo reminds me somehow of the old movies you see from Italy,

THEY HAD MALLS IN THE EARLY 70´S

lokk at the public gardens they had then,

the streets really lokk very latina

have a look, they had a autodrome in the 70´s and this one is till there,

this photo is from nowadays

, TO BE CONTINUED
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by queen2(f): 12:59pm On May 25, 2006
Nice pictures, i have a friend from Angola
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by Constantin: 3:11pm On May 25, 2006
NOW I WILL SHOW YOU SOME PHOTOS OF ANGOLA´S OTHER CITIES, PROVINCES AND SMALLER TOWNS, I AM REALLY AMAZED HOW BEATIFUL IT WAS (it looks all like a mixture bwtween Portugal, Africa and Latin America to me), It must have been a very nice holiday feeling in the 70´s in Angola, everything looks so inviting and spotlessly clean, to my mind

this is in Benguela

This is Lobito, another town in Angola

This is "Nova Lisboa"(New Lisbon) but it has been renamed and now it is called Huambo

[/b]

This is former " Sá da Bandeira" today its name is Lubango

Well, there are many other towns and provinces in Angola that look all like those I have presented to you but I do not ant to bore you stiff but these pictures are at least giving a small insight into how the country looked like before the war,
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by Constantin: 3:26pm On May 25, 2006
NOW I WANT TO SHOW YOU A FEW PICTURES ABOUT ANGOLA´S SCENERY This country is very varied and therefore has an enormous tourism potential , cool smiley, some of the following pictures have been shot recently (2004/2005/2006)

Re: Angola Picture Gallery by Constantin: 3:40pm On May 25, 2006
Angola´s national football team . I keep my fingers crossed for them, Angola needs it after all these years of despair

I also want to show some of the projects Angola is undertaking,

building boom,

, To be continued,
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by Badman888(m): 4:10pm On May 25, 2006
Great pictures, nice place before the war. But i think its begining to get better now. All the pictures are good except from the national team, they are there at out expense.
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by obong(m): 4:49pm On May 26, 2006
as africans we should be aware and take an interest in what in going on in other african countries. thanks a lot for the picutres and good job
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by liquid81(f): 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2006
Nice pictures! I am amazed. shocked
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by Unworthy: 10:26am On Jun 17, 2006
Constantin,

Thank you for posting all these beautiful pictures.

I always look forward to opening your picture threads.

Please continue to post more pictures.
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by Constantin: 4:35pm On Jun 17, 2006
Gold Star and the rest

Thank you very much for your kind words kiss , but sometimes I think that we Nigerians don´t show a lot of interest of what is happening elsewhere, just look how few people left a comment on my "Gallery Threads".

I do not know if it is worth continuing, cry

1 Like

Re: Angola Picture Gallery by zexyworm: 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2006
Constantin,
Many thanks for your initiative. Indeed I've keeping a closer look at this potential African dragon!
Nigeria ought to learn from Angola about harnessing tourism potentials and keeping cities clean, orderly, and well landscaped!
Luanda has many colonial buildings in the beaux-arts and other styles, which surely will be money spinners once they're restored, and I'm confident they will be one day.
I also dream of the day Lagos restores and established guidelines for the preservation of its countless colonial buildings around Lagos and Ikoyi islands,
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by mizkay(f): 8:11pm On Jun 18, 2006
constantin. thank you bro. this is very informative. You see - our people dont realise how beautiful our Africa can be until they have 'seen' for themselves. It's all in the concept of 'see before you beleive'. Long live ANGOLA!
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by Ndipe(m): 11:15pm On Dec 02, 2006
Quite unbelievable that Luanda was a picturesque city.
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by omoonile2: 1:01am On Dec 03, 2006
Nice pictures! Thanks for the enlightenment of the African continent!
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:16pm On Dec 14, 2006
nice place,never knew it had wonderful sites.
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by iice(f): 2:09pm On Jan 27, 2007
Beautiful especially the falls and the jagged rocks. . .way cool smiley
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by dblock(m): 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2007
Great stuff grin grin grin
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by TerraCotta(m): 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2007
I've got people in and around Luanda too--Eu Amo Angolans! wink Their music, their food, their dances ( grin ), their accented Portuguese--they have a beautiful culture. The southern highlands are supposed to be beautiful, going down the border with Namibia. A good (non-Angolan) friend lived in that area for a year or so and still goes back to visit every summer.

A lot of Nigerians don't know how close Angola is to taking our title as the main oil exporter on the continent. They're number 2, even though the oil exploration business is relatively new there. They've got corruption issues too, but they'll be raking in big money over the next few years if they keep up their pace of growth.
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by niceuzor: 12:07pm On Jan 30, 2007
Men this is marvellous,i never knew ANGOLA is such a nice place.

plz Constantin   We need more picture's.
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by dblock(m): 10:15am On May 06, 2007
Constantin, post some Pix of Cidadela. That area is booming
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by UPRISING: 8:47pm On Jun 12, 2007
VERY NICE PLACE,
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by FufuKing1(m): 6:15am On Sep 03, 2007
That's the past, let's see pictures of Angola today!
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 24, 2007
Men, these pictures are beautiful smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by Nobody: 1:21am On Nov 24, 2007
Men, these pictures are beautiful smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by zigbo(f): 5:14am On Nov 25, 2007
rily nice but sadly the war has destroyed errthing. . .
come to think of it which skyline is nt beautiful undecided
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by omoge25(f): 5:16am On Nov 25, 2007
this pics are nice, I never knew this is what Angola looked like, thanks for posting.
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by Teaman(m): 1:06pm On Mar 22, 2008
If Angola looked like this in the 60s and 70s, the question is, how does it look now? With Africa and its non-maintenance culture. undecided
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by unforgiven: 11:56pm On Mar 28, 2008
soo beautiful i feel like having a friend from there. anybody from Angola on nairaland?
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by holythug(m): 12:00am On Mar 29, 2008
angola. . .9ja we need to wake up o
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by topup: 4:03am On Aug 21, 2008
Wow, stunning, I'm really appreciating the architecture. But, what does it look like today?
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 28, 2009
this picture bam oo come to think of it how does it look like now in millenium? I think i have to rush up to google image for more angola pictures
Re: Angola Picture Gallery by blackspade(m): 12:54am On Mar 01, 2009
The war destroyed a lot of the stuff constantin posted, but they've rebuilt a lot of it. In comparison to Nigeria, Angola is very much more developed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Helicopter Crashes Into Water In Borno / Dangote Truck Kills 7 Persons In Ihiala, Anambra (Graphic Photos) / List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.