Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,826 members, 7,956,123 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:37 AM

Shola Ameobi's Injury Blessing In Disguise? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shola Ameobi's Injury Blessing In Disguise? (763 Views)

Emenike, Nsofor, Ameobi Return For Super-Eagles / Fifa Clears Shola Ameobi, Moses To Play For Nigeria! / Suddenly : Shola Ameobi Want To Play For Nigeria ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shola Ameobi's Injury Blessing In Disguise? by write2obi(m): 12:24pm On Jul 21, 2013
"The 31-year-old came on as a second-half
substitute in the Magpies's 3-1 pre-season
defeat to the Portuguese side, scoring his
side's consolation goal before being forced
off following a seemingly innocuous challenge.
He was reported to have left the stadium with bandages on his arm, and Pardew revealed that the centre-forward had been sent to hospital for X-rays.
"The most worrying thing to come out of the game is ameobi" Goal.com

This a guy that refused to play for us cos of his "dream" to play for England, until it was obvious he was never going to be invited by England, he then turned to us as Second best, Shola is a good player and a decent addition to the team, but the fact he has only chosen us cos English coaches realised he is not Good enough made me wish he has ended up like his fellow, "ENGERIAN" Gabby Agbonlahor, that would have made us ("real" Nigerian) have the last laugh, I wish him quick recovery, but he is not welcomed here, We are First choice and only those who see us as First choice are qualified to play for us, SOK should give real Nigerians chance to prove there worth, and pls discharge those Engerians.
Re: Shola Ameobi's Injury Blessing In Disguise? by manuch(m): 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2013
Spot on. I see this guy as his 31 years old and his only opportunity to play in a world cup.hence his desire to play for super eagles.
Re: Shola Ameobi's Injury Blessing In Disguise? by write2obi(m): 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
manuch: Spot on. I see this guy as his 31 years old and his only opportunity to play in a world cup.hence his desire to play for super eagles.
I'll feel used if he ends up going to the world cup.
Re: Shola Ameobi's Injury Blessing In Disguise? by Rossikk(m): 10:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
Abeg free the guy. Ameobi moved to England when he was 5 years old. Why would he not grow up expecting to play for England? Abeg leave the guy joor. At least now he knows what side his bread is buttered on. And as they say, better late than never!
Re: Shola Ameobi's Injury Blessing In Disguise? by kepsi123(m): 5:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
Maybe hate is strong word, but I hate that guy. Ofcourse Nigeria will qualify for the world cup. He is now a Nigerian. He wants to help us do well in th WC. At which age.Imagine the cheek. If that guy plays for us am supporting Ghana.
Re: Shola Ameobi's Injury Blessing In Disguise? by write2obi(m): 8:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
Rossikk: Abeg free the guy. Ameobi moved to England when he was 5 years old. Why would he not grow up expecting to play for England? Abeg leave the guy joor. At least now he knows what side his bread is buttered on. And as they say, better late than never!
How would you support someone knowing fully well, he is playing for you becos someone rejected him? He is only using Nigeria to achieve his world cup dream
Re: Shola Ameobi's Injury Blessing In Disguise? by write2obi(m): 8:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
kepsi123: Maybe hate is strong word, but I hate that guy. Ofcourse Nigeria will qualify for the world cup. He is now a Nigerian. He wants to help us do well in th WC. At which age.Imagine the cheek. If that guy plays for us am supporting Ghana.
Brother I feel your pain, thou I don't hate him but I don't want him anywhere near our National Team

(1) (Reply)

It's 13 Days To Barclay's Premier League! (See Fixtures) / Nigeria vs Ethiopia In The Final Phase Of The Brazil 2014 Fifa Qualifiers / Blatter Sorry For Ronaldo Mock Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.