Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,731 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE (1075 Views)

Should The National Youth Service Corps (nysc) Scheme Be Reformed Or Scrapped? / Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? / Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE by Petraman(m): 9:56pm On Jul 21, 2013
Prospective Corp Members of Batch 'C' Oct/Nov, 2013, who are preparing to go and serve their fathers' land, which geo-political zone and which state will U prefer most to be posted? For me I'll prefer South-Eastern part, precisely Abia state
Re: Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE by yommyphresh(m): 5:59am On Jul 22, 2013
First to comment! Yipeeee! Mehn, it's osun state o. Heard it's kinda peaceful and not expensive there.
Re: Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE by Petraman(m): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
yommyphresh: First to comment! Yipeeee! Mehn, it's osun state o. Heard it's kinda peaceful and not expensive there.
YEA! But there is no money there o
Re: Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE by Amylife: 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
I wish to serve in Rivers State, but due to what i am hearing, i now prefer Enugu or perhaps FCT, Abuja.
Re: Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE by tochyagbas(m): 5:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
by God grece enugu
Re: Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE by Petraman(m): 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2013
Y are people not commentting on this topic? Are U people not ready to go to service? Or U haven't decided where U wish to serve?

1 Like

Re: Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE by ruffneck(m): 9:18am On Jul 25, 2013
Petraman: Prospective Corp Members of Batch 'C' Nov/Dec, 2013, who are preparing to go and serve their fathers' land, which geo-political zone and which state will U prefer most to be posted? For me I'll prefer South-Eastern part, precisely Abia state
Batch C is oct-nov and nt Nov-dec
Looking @ either lag or enugu
Re: Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE by ruffneck(m): 9:20am On Jul 25, 2013
In order to ensure that corps members obtain work experience
relevant to their academic qualifications, the management of
the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) would from the
next batch of positing rescind its decision to send corps
members to serve in schools only.
Graduates of medicine would therefore be posted to hospitals
and health centers, law graduates would be posted to
Ministries of Justice, law chambers and Legal-based NGOs,
just like others would be posted to organisations where their
academic qualifications would be deployed to use. Graduates
of Education and single honours would be deployed to schools
under the new policy.
The policy was adopted last year after the realisation that
most organisations, especially in the private sector, take
advantage of the scheme to keep their wage bill low as they
do not make any effort to retain any corps members who
served with them; rather they would throw them into the
labour market and demand for fresh corps members .
The Chairman of the Board of the NYSC, Chief Gordon
Bozimo, made this disclosure in an exclusive interview with
THISDAY where he noted that the NYSC would not allow
private sector organisations to take advantage of its CMs
anymore.
This, he added, would be done through the demand and
signing of an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with any
private sector organisation that demands for corps members to
retain a certain percentage of the corps members at the end of
the service year.
“If an organisation writes us to send corps members to them,
it means they have need for manpower; these are graduates,
they are educated, they are not clerks, so if we are send 50
corps members , the organisation would sign an MoU to retain
at least, let’s say 30 percent. That will also make the corps
members know they have something at stake, they have to
show good example and work hard,” he said.
This arrangement, he clarified does not, however, mean that
such CMs at the end of their service year would not undergo
the aptitude tests of the organisations if they have those as
requirement for full employment.
Bozimo added that it is counter-productive to send a doctor to
teach in a school as a year of teaching cannot be considered as
relatable work experience for such doctor.
“In some schools, you get more corps members than full time
teachers, so we are hoping that by the next batch, we would
send corps members to where their expertise would be
appropriate," he added.
The Board Chairman disclosed that the NYSC is working with
state governments to improve the living conditions in the
camps that need improvements especially in terms of security,
power and water supply to the camps.
SOURCE: www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nysc-reverses-self-on-posting-policy-of-corps-members/154004/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE by geovanni24(m): 9:51pm On Jul 25, 2013
As for me its Lagos ii have in mind. Ii J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ need T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ serve in a cosmopolitan city and lagos is the answer, irrespective of the high standard of living!...
Re: Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE by Valentinooo: 9:50am On Jul 27, 2013
Pls guys i want to know whether accomodation will be provided during service for those posted to lagos state. Cos i heard accomodation issue is a very big problem in that state
Re: Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE by DGranite(m): 12:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
Petraman:
YEA! But there is no money there o
dia is no money in abia either.
Re: Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE by Dminister(m): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
Batch c 2013 legooooo dere.i prefer rivers state,delta and osun state..i praying ooooo including fasting ooooooo
Re: Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE by sylvoreal(f): 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
i pray my name wil come out o...i prefer Enugu state!
Re: Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE by sylvoreal(f): 12:54pm On Jul 27, 2013
sylvoreal: i pray my name wil come out o...i prefer Enugu state!
Re: Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE by Desammy(m): 9:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
Na Akwa ibom tinz. If 2 say am n't 4rm Enugu i would hv prefer it. Enugu make sense die. Wit alawi tinz
Re: Where Do U Intend To Do Ur 1 Year YOUTH SERVICE by CrazyMan(m): 9:23pm On Jul 27, 2013

(1)

NYSC Revised 2016 Batch A Mobilization Time-table / Certification Training On Primavera In Warri, Port-harcourt, Lagos / Kaduna State NYSC Batch C 2018 Stream Fall In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.