Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,268 members, 7,954,045 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:23 AM

Against Child Marriage? What do you think of condoms for children? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Against Child Marriage? What do you think of condoms for children? (649 Views)

Video of 11-Year Old Yemeni Girl Fleeing Child Marriage Is A Hoax / Muslims Reject Child Marriage And Absolve Islam Of The Blame Based On Facts / Child Marriage In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Against Child Marriage? What do you think of condoms for children? by abulbanaat(m): 12:20pm On Jul 22, 2013

Switzerland to produce condoms for children

The Swiss Aids Federation has thrown its weight behind the production of co#doms for children aged between 12 and 14 years old.

The smaller sized condoms are the result of a study by the Federal Commission on Children and Youth which revealed that teenagers in Switzerland were having unprotected sex because they could not find condoms that fit them.

The study also found that more children younger than 14 are sexually active than there was in the 1990s.

The condoms are 45 mm in diameter instead of the standard 49 to 56 mm diameter and will be distributed through schools.

The box with six condoms can also be bought at shops for $7.

http://news.ng.msn.com/bizarre-news/switzerland-to-produce-condoms-for-children

HPB
Re: Against Child Marriage? What do you think of condoms for children? by maclatunji: 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
What we have is a clash of civilisations. Most Nigerians are like balloons, they get blown with the wind without a clear moral compass to guide them.

I am sure many will find this "normal" but would scream against children of this age group ever getting married. I guess it is okay to get pregnant out of wedlock at such an age but getting married must be off-limits. Even in Southern Nigeria, child sex is quite widespread. The point I was making here- https://www.nairaland.com/1368104/question-child-rights-activists

Whilst I don't even support the current statute on the matter because it can easily contravene Islamic teachings, I think many of the opponents are claiming false-outrage. How many of them live with the same child-brides and may be friends with their husbands under the guise of he is my trusted "Mai Guard".

Blame it on social media that has people sharing (mis)information like robots that don't think.

2 Likes

Re: Against Child Marriage? What do you think of condoms for children? by tpia5: 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
the problem is with all this focus on underage kids being pushed into the limelight as marriage and sex ready, what happens to the huge numbers of women of marriageable age who are still looking for partners?

this is crazy.
Re: Against Child Marriage? What do you think of condoms for children? by maclatunji: 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
tpia@:
the problem is with all this focus on underage kids being pushed into the limelight as marriage and sex ready, what happens to the huge numbers of women of marriageable age who are still looking for partners?

this is crazy.

LOL, this is actually the function of those vociferous antagonists. It is really not like any new changes from what has occured in the past 100 years wil occur.
Re: Against Child Marriage? What do you think of condoms for children? by tpia5: 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
the fact that its being debated in itself is crazy.

same way 419 started as a section of the Nigerian criminal code but today is now exclusively viewed as the career of choice of nigerians.

like other countries dont have laws that deal with scams?
Re: Against Child Marriage? What do you think of condoms for children? by bigmanahmad: 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age
Macalatunji could not have said it better. Many people just follow the majority, Muslims included without doing research. Many countries allow marriage well below 14 years with or without parent consent. Getting married does not automatically mean getting pregnant and marrying does not disturb schooling. They rather allow them to disobey God(fornication) than obey God(marriage) some Muslims included.
Re: Against Child Marriage? What do you think of condoms for children? by vedaxcool(m): 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
^

I pointed this fact out to one that their colonial masters in Europe have low age limit rather than condemn them for what they condemn yerima deepsught insisted Muslims culture still influence Spain and by extension of his argument all of Europe. dishonesty stinks.
Re: Against Child Marriage? What do you think of condoms for children? by vedaxcool(m): 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1368402/thoughts-child-marriage-peregrino-brimah

excellent rebuttal, the above thread need response from opponents of early marriage.
Re: Against Child Marriage? What do you think of condoms for children? by LagosShia: 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2013
two wrongs don't make a right.

it is so clear that someone is defending the wrong idea when you attempt to justify it with depravation in the west.arent we supposed to be better? if their children are jumping into acts of immorality at an early age should that be reason for our own children to either taste the same acts outside marriage or we force them to do it within marriage?which logic is this? like I keep stressing,the motives for early marriage as it used to be in the past no longer exist in our time.therefore we should not be stuck in the past to follow an ancient tradition,which religion doesn't frown upon but doesn't support either, because it causes more harm than good in this age.

(1) (Reply)

The Myth Of The 1,400 Year Sunni-Shia War / Why Can't Spiderman Convert To Islam? / Bilal Ibn Rabah RA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.