Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! (37231 Views)

HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job / He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. / He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by collynzo2(m): 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
Acidosis: My brother, because Mr Jarus (the owner of the site you visit frequently) studied accounting; because Jarushub talks more on accounting doesn't mean you have to study accounting!

May be you're just carried away by the 'sweet talks' from a blogger or you're just a man without vision and ambition..

What is wrong with a 2.2 result in Metallurgical and material engineering?
Why don't you search for a mentor in your field, or were you busy reading an accounting blog while studying engineering?

Okay, if you decide to pursue a new career in Accounting/Finance and then you meet another "blog" with emphasis on Architecture, are you gonna pursue another degree in Architecture..?
Are you also gonna change your career to programming when you encounter nairaland? just because you hear Seun makes cool cash..

Is this how you want to run your race, merry-go-rounding and parabolating around people's career path, just because they are able to carjole you with 'big grammars', 'titles' and lies?

Okay, now you're carried away with the title - ACA, ACCA, ACS..

What happens tomorrow when you see - B.Arch, B.N, MBBS, DVM, M.D, D.O, Bla bla and other empty titles.. na by dat? na how many you fit use?
(btw, I get one and I don't remember using it grin )

The fact that you didn't talk about your reason and your aim of getting another degree makes it worthless...
You may end up frustrated if you try it.

btw, your O'level result is okay... you just wanna write another O'level cos you know you cannot study Finance with a "science" result.. all other excuses you wrote there are invalid!

So my brother, YOU DO NOT NEED ANOTHER DEGREE..

What you need is a Mentor in your field of study! Thats all.
His problem isn't just the 2:2, he said he actually knows nothing from his field of study, that's the real problem.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Cashio(m): 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
U are 32 already...after those years, u must have gotten to around 45 or more...oh damn when do u intend building ur family...or perhaps u dont wanna have one.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by luvablesam(m): 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Is that 2.2 out of 5.0? shocked shocked shocked
did u go to uni at all? If u don't know what 2:2 means then ask to get enlightened

2 Likes

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
over my dead body say i enter university again for b.sc... if i manage commot with 2.1 or 2.2 in any department
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by rman: 8:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by LesbianBoy(m): 8:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
If i were u OP i would start from CRECHE undecided

1 Like

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Damitism: 8:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
i was thinking that too.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by ooa194: 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
Don’t worry about your grade. Metallurgical and materials engineering is a very good course and you can do something good with it. Think about furthering your career in the areas of corrosion engineering, welding, inspection and non-destructive testing engineering. Take post graduate courses or professional certifications. Check out NACE website – National Association of Corrosion Engineers – or ASNT website – American Society of Non-Destructive Testing – or AWS website – American Welding Society. With any of these, you can tailor your career to be a corrosion engineer, welding engineer, certified welding inspector, ASNT certified NDT technician. All these career options are in great demand in the oil and gas industry in North America and I think it should be the same in Nigeria. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Acidosis(m): 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
rman: You just want education without application. Your problem isn't with what you studied or the results obtained. Simply put, you don't know what you really want to do yet.

The End.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by sharpman1(m): 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2013
Absolute waste of time.

What does the guy really want? business? a teaching career? or interest in finance?

He needs to be very clear about it.

By the time he is done with school he'll be well over 40. Does he plan starting his career all over again after that?
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by brownlord: 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2013
*walks in majestically with my 2.2 result, wetin that guy say be e problem? Oga Obasanjo na 1st class em get that time?

Oga school na ur destiny? btw why u stop to dey take that drugs now?
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by dridowu: 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: My Boss studied Vet. Med but now he works in a Financial Services firm and earns over 4M monthly.. CEO studied Mechanical Engineering, go figure how much he earns. it is not about what you majored in but how you switched to the right career. you can do a P.GD then Masters in a Business/Economics leaning. CFA is a good foundation
who b ur boss, se i fit no am, am also a vet

1 Like

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by BankuTilapia: 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
My brother got 2.2 in Accounting n Finance n got a job with nationwide bank in England, he is back in uni for his masters in Finance n started CIMA ( chartered Institute of Management Accountant). Stop stressing urself, next time u will be here saying u want to go to medical school
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by trolling(m): 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
boast not yourself of tomorrow,i want to do this and that like you run your life mtchewww
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by plainmirror(m): 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
@OP Ʊ mentioned earlier dat Ʊ are 32years of age huh.
Add it to †нэ series of †нэ programme Ʊ want to undertake and †нэ time frame attached to it.
And b4 Ʊ might settle to reap U̶̲̥̅̊я labour fruit.......

In synopsis, wif two plots of land and #5m, ℓ believe Ʊ can succeed in U̶̲̥̅̊я potential biz adventure.

PS: †нэ Bill Gates,Mike adenugas,dangotes... Never graduated wit a 1st class.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
Since you have actually built a solid means of livelihood for yourself, I really have nothing to say other than to encourage you to follow your heart else as if it was your parents/guardians that wanted to bear the financial burden, no be small e-konk you for receive.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by collynzo2(m): 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
Is that guy a paedophile? Is he looking for some secondary school girls to screw?
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by collynzo2(m): 8:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:
My brother got 2.2 in Accounting n Finance n got a job with nationwide bank in England, he is back in uni for his masters in Finance n started CIMA ( chartered Institute of Management Accountant). Stop stressing urself, next time u will be here saying u want to go to medical school
for once, you are not trolling.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Acidosis(m): 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
collynzo2: His problem isn't just the 2:2, he said he actually knows nothing from his field of study, that's the real problem.

Its very easy... he should get his past questions and textbooks...

...but the fact is, the things he'll encounter in the book may not directly apply to the real world.. [we all know the system in Nigeria].

The man is just carried away
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by sylve11: 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2013
My dear, the answer is all up to u. I wish u success in all ur doings. cool
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by bambam50(m): 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
See dis ingrate, with 2-2 he still dey complain nd wnt start all ova again. I wouldn't neva advise u 4 not proceed 4 u ambition go nd b4 u knw wots up age go challenge u...dammmmmmm uuuuuuuuu
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Saintgabs(m): 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2013
Left for me, i don't see it to be important, my brother what you be in this life, you must certainly be it.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2013
Somehow difficult to advise him because he seems to have a structured plan, already. Howbeit, maybe I could add this... He should commune with God, his Creator also. It helps, really. For, if people could seek God's face when they are seeking for who to marry, I don't think praying to God about career choice is out of place, right? wink..nitori, Olorun Oba nikan soso lomo ise ti eyan ma se lati fi la.

Starting all over from O-Level could be frustrating..smiley What happens if he doesn't make his O-Level results at first, second sitting? Or some of those results were not released as commonly done :/. Life doesn't give you a straight jacket...there're patches you know grin I don't think you have to start-all over again before you could study accounting.. ATS is a good starting point, you could home-study or enrol for some tutorial classes etc And hey! being a graduate should give you a better edge, really...wishing you the very best in your decision.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by 9jahubcom(m): 8:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
U235weapongrade: As a MET/MAT ENGR U can work in so many places...Dont dull

tell am
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Chukbeck(m): 8:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
I rather advice u to consider furthering your education in Canada. U could well fit in to their PGD programmes. Upon graduation, u would find out that u may not need another degree. U can even work while u study.Moreover, U have high chances of getting a well paid job afterwards. Gudluk
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 22, 2013
70 percent of nigerian university graduates don't know shìt about their field of study. If you want to further your education or get indepth knowledge about your course of study, enroll in a PG course.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by 3ace(m): 8:48pm On Jul 22, 2013
My guy, he be like say u be rich man pikin o. For you to even think of going back to o level with all the expenses makes me conclude that ya papa get pepper. Don't waste your time. You don't need to go back to that low level to acquire financial and management knowledge.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
Why you no just kukuma start from Nursery school..?
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Cynsky76(f): 8:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
32 yet u think lyk a teenager,to me a degree in dis our non functional edu. Is jst to get xposed .fink old boy;;;;;;;;;;;;lyk an african man who got responsibility
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by NeuroBoss(m): 8:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
There's nothing bad in wasting another 4 years if that's your dream. You can be a chartered accountant even with your engineering degree by just enrolling for ICAN

1 Like

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by calcal: 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
wonder what is gonna use phase diagram of Fe and C do in this country, don't waste your time go into the business, and gradually look for online course to achieving your wants.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
As long as you are passionate about learning your new found interest. Better late than never. Learning is a lifelong experience. In fact, the moment we stop learning, we start dying. Nursery school kids taught me that.

Stay focused and concentrat. Your imagination is the limit to what you can do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rocks Quest FM/TV Presenters Sacked Over Sexual Harassment / FRSC Officials Safeguard Nigerian-Norwegian Man's Money, Items / You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.