Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Child Bride - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Child Bride (7694 Views)

Ìyàwó Wa (our Bride) / The Reluctant Bride / The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Bride by DahyguBreez: 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
The time has come to
Whisk her away. At an
Age when fear of her
Period's import should not hold

Sway over her delicate mind.
And the memory of mother's
Love - should nestle like a dove
Within kind and innocent eyes.

The time has come...
The old balding senator
Face full of fat - bearing ugly hairs
His depravity and pedophillic tendencies...
Haphazardly masked
Behind veils of Religion and Tradition...

Lord I beseech thee
May his prick shrink atomic.
Let the girl child
Feel not the transition physically
After going through such mental strain.

Thrust into motherhood
Before sweet childhood has reached
Just conclusion.
Thrust into motherhood
And yet her womb should still be sealed
Her squeals caused by innocent play.

Who would save the day?
How many of you
"Proud and powerful" Nigerians
Would dare raise voice?
So few of you were to be found
When gay love was criminalized
And human rights
Pounded like oh so many yams.

How many of you will quit
The pointless yarns and defence?
How many would call a spade a spade?
How many would name and shame these satanic slaves?

How many of you would affix your
Hearts and souls
To movements aimed against
This onslaught of barbarity?
This descent into moral anarchy?

At twenty-three i'm exhausted.
The battle is far more uneven
Than David's toil against Goliath
So when push comes to shove
And poetry doesn't stick
Then my friends I shall turn
To the steady reassuring click
Of revolutionary guns.

For already enough is enough.
Say no to this devilish law.
By fire or force
For words can always be hidden
By the simplest of runz.

www.naijastorytella.com

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Child Bride by Amya(f): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
Now I just want to pick up a gun and shoot someone. Bloody peodophiles!
Re: Child Bride by Lurve(f): 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
It's a pity that such still happen in the 21st century! angry
Re: Child Bride by mesther96(f): 1:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
i feel lik crying!
Re: Child Bride by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
God help us

4 Likes

Re: Child Bride by Lildrizzle(m): 2:01pm On Jul 26, 2013
Kill em bloody senators hu voted for it
Re: Child Bride by SwTonia(f): 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
Don't senator yerima dem 13 yrz old babies na beg i dey oh
Re: Child Bride by finsulyman: 2:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
But there are vitals issues in the so called constitution amendment to be discussed than this. We are nt smart enough

1 Like

Re: Child Bride by dainvincible(m): 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
I ve so many tinz on my negative mind to do to these shameless senators...but if not that my positive mind is more powerful.
Re: Child Bride by Martiyu(m): 2:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
not interested for now...gotta celebrate first page 웃♡♥㏘쇼♬☆
Re: Child Bride by PStacks(m): 2:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
Oh My god! This Child-bride issue has reduced the Senate of the Federal Republic to Rubbish.

I'm really so ashamed. And for the Head of the Senate to have even screemed out a Blackmail then the hoplessness is real.

I respect the senate president so much. I respect his pedigree as he rose through the ranks and files of the Nigerian Army being a very revered Institution and expected him to be on top of his game and he should have sniffed the bullet coming from Yerima. At that moment Yerima practical assumed the leadership position of the senate and I was looking for David Mark..

Religion is truly the Opium of the people.

Religion would bring us to nothing.

I think Nigeria as a Society can Abolish Religion and be left with only Ethnic problems which we can solve outside Religion..
Religious crisis is too expensive..

Religion scattered our Senate.
Religion can scatter this country..

We can Abolish Religion
We can set the Laws that would Bind us as one in this country and Muslims and Christains agree to such laws.

But this country would never work if we have so many laws governing us..

Nigerian Constitution,
Islamic Constitutions
Christains laws, Jewish laws.

Until there is one Sovereign constitution..

We haven't heard the last of this as religion must still raise up her ugly head in our society.. I keep repeating it... Non of you ever wants to experience the Religious crisis I experienced when I was in Kaduna.. It was chaos, it was Anarchy, it was Free for all. I don't wish my worst enemy to ever experience it, it was Hell. words can't capture it..

Religion would reduce us to nothing because the Muslim would "NEVER" agree he is wrong and the Christain would "NEVER" agree he is wrong. So who is Right? We would Fight for Rights till we Rightfully kill ourselves and the Right is no where thanks to Religions..

We can Abolish Religion.
Yes we can.

2 Likes

Re: Child Bride by EFFRAKATA: 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
I wonder the extent of damage this controvercial sharialist cum child raper of a senator would have done on little babies when he was much younger?

Re: Child Bride by PStacks(m): 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
The war in America vs Iraq, iran, Afghanistan, we can't deny is a religious war, at least variance in ideaologies, the war between isreal and Palestines even if its a land dispute but it still has a Religious Divide..

America and the war in Iraq.. Iraq and America still has Space (at least across the Atlantic) and time between them to plan, and strike and fight themselves..

Isreal and Palestine still has boarder demacating them even if they fight tooth and nail everyday..

But in Nigeria, we live 2geda on the same land. That is like saying Isreal and Palestine are together..

Nigeria can not afford any Religious Volatilities..
It is too Dangerous,
It is too Expensive
No Nigerian would benefit from it both Muslim Nigerians and Christain Nigerians..

Funke Akindele's Marriage did only 12 months.. This Marriage called Nigeria our Senators should look if the Marriage can work or if it won't work..

If it can work, how are the ways it would work.. Guidelines for the Nigerian Union should be Spelt out..

If it can't work, we come out ant tell the world that Due to irreconcilable differences on Religious Grounds, Ethnic Grounds and for Social and Cultural reason our Union has resolved we go our separate ways, we won't be the first country in the world to Work and we won't be the First country that broke up.. Either one is ok for me but there must be guide line if we must work..

On Religious issues as Exhibited in our Senate, I don't see the country working on Religious grounds..

If the country must work then there shall be no christains and they shall be no muslims in the land. There shall only be Nigerians in a Working Nigeria..

They can call the Best Islamic Clerics and the Best Christain Clerics to draft out One Law everybody would agree to be governed by..

But if I'm a Christain and my Religion says I can marry only one and I see my Muslim brothers marrying 4 in the same land shocked walahi me too I will marry 4.

We can't have 2 or More Laws governing one people. Its not done anywhere in the world.

What is sin to me is not sin to you..
In a land that is guided by a constitution, what is sin to u should be sin to everybody in that same land..

Christainity and Islam were Imported into Nigeria.. This same Nigeria wants to kill herself over something that is not ours and we don't even have the Manuscript. Whatever Quran and Bible you have, who tells u that's the End of it. Atleast I know in the convetional Bible some books were taken out, and the old Catholic Bibles has some other books a 21 century christain would never see. You have not seen what is in those books of the Bible they have taken out and you swallow it hook line and sinker.. On the quranic aspect its not new in Nigeria that rate of illitracy is highest in the north, how do you expect an illitrate to interprete a Quran even if I agree the quran is a holy Book.

We must think of it.. Is it worth it that we are killing ourselves over Religion that we don't know. Islam and Christainity is not of African Descent, Missionaries and Islamic teachers brought them to the south and North of this country respectively..

Ok, think of it this way.. You are a southerner today and that is a major factor in your being a xtain..

You are a Northerner today and that is a major factor in your being a muslim..

What if you a southerner had been born in the North, u would have been a muslim if that were to be the case.

Our Religion is even a Function of our Region Predominantly in Nigeria..

Religion is Madness.
Nigeria must count herself out of this global Madness.

1 Like

Re: Child Bride by djaidah(f): 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
Wow this is crazy. And its time to rise and speak up for our generation.we need to make constructive efforts to stop this madness.
Re: Child Bride by crystalballs: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
why all this epistle nahh..
time na money ooo.
Re: Child Bride by moshoodn(m): 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
I see light at the end of the dark tunnel.

When a drum wanna tear, it sounds at its loudest!
Re: Child Bride by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2013
angry
Re: Child Bride by Pimples(m): 3:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
For y'all saying negative things about religion, there is something u should know.
Just like everything else that has fake and original, so also do we have original and fake religions. True and false religions. Religion in itself does not kill, engage in wars, segregate,etc ....infact most religions speak against such.
A carefull analysis of this subject shows that there are evil brains, as well as uninformed individuals that clearly go against what their individual religions say...

So in other words, wicked humans, demons in human form are responsible and not true religion
Re: Child Bride by Fadelex(m): 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
p stacks, r u an atheist? y emphasizing on abolishing religion? if you wanna go your way please do. stop saying we... your opinion did not represent Nigerian's opinion... learn to live with others irrespective of their religion or ethnicity... we are a diversified society
Re: Child Bride by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
This country is filled up with educated illiterates......When need to understand things before we begin to swing the religion carrot....The senate is seeking to know if its right to see all females that is married to be deemed an adult.The northern senators are looking at the clause in the constitution that says 18yrs old is the right age a female can denounce her citizenship and since not all has money to go to Egypt like senator Yerima and pay a bride prize of $100,000..And according to Islamic Law a man can marry an underage girl...So how can they help the poor Muslims that want to follow this Islamic Law....They only way is if they can remove this clause and say if a girl is married she can be seen as an adult thereby be able to renounce her citizenship through this legal loop-hole...So when they marry according to Islamic Law she can quickly renounce her citizenship since there is a law supporting her that all married females are deem to be adults and when you want to bring a charge against them in the court of law based on the Nigerian constitution which says all adults are from 18yrs old,they can show you a paper where she denounced her citizenship by law and live happily ever after according to Islamic Law....The real fight is how to keep the clause that not all married should be seen as an adult and not the fight of who should be or not be married because even down south we have customs where we can marry underage if we like but we don't just exploit it......Thats why soon i will be going into politics since i understand this word games better than a lot of people........lol
Re: Child Bride by lincolnj88: 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2013
Pls lets b decent
Re: Child Bride by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
People should leave this child marriage issue alone, if we can feel so strongly about something like this that might not happen in any place apart from the north,why don't we feel so strongly towards corruption,illiteracy amongst other things plaguing this nation. Praises due to Allah
Re: Child Bride by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
P.Stacks:
The war in America vs Iraq, iran, Afghanistan, we can't deny is a religious war, at least variance in ideaologies, the war between isreal and Palestines even if its a land dispute but it still has a Religious Divide..

America and the war in Iraq.. Iraq and America still has Space (at least across the Atlantic) and time between them to plan, and strike and fight themselves..

Isreal and Palestine still has boarder demacating them even if they fight tooth and nail everyday..

But in Nigeria, we live 2geda on the same land. That is like saying Isreal and Palestine are together..

Nigeria can not afford any Religious Volatilities..
It is too Dangerous,
It is too Expensive
No Nigerian would benefit from it both Muslim Nigerians and Christain Nigerians..

Funke Akindele's Marriage did only 12 months.. This Marriage called Nigeria our Senators should look if the Marriage can work or if it won't work..

If it can work, how are the ways it would work.. Guidelines for the Nigerian Union should be Spelt out..

If it can't work, we come out ant tell the world that Due to irreconcilable differences on Religious Grounds, Ethnic Grounds and for Social and Cultural reason our Union has resolved we go our separate ways, we won't be the first country in the world to Work and we won't be the First country that broke up.. Either one is ok for me but there must be guide line if we must work..

On Religious issues as Exhibited in our Senate, I don't see the country working on Religious grounds..

If the country must work then there shall be no christains and they shall be no muslims in the land. There shall only be Nigerians in a Working Nigeria..

They can call the Best Islamic Clerics and the Best Christain Clerics to draft out One Law everybody would agree to be governed by..

But if I'm a Christain and my Religion says I can marry only one and I see my Muslim brothers marrying 4 in the same land shocked walahi me too I will marry 4.

We can't have 2 or More Laws governing one people. Its not done anywhere in the world.

What is sin to me is not sin to you..
In a land that is guided by a constitution, what is sin to u should be sin to everybody in that same land..

Christainity and Islam were Imported into Nigeria.. This same Nigeria wants to kill herself over something that is not ours and we don't even have the Manuscript. Whatever Quran and Bible you have, who tells u that's the End of it. Atleast I know in the convetional Bible some books were taken out, and the old Catholic Bibles has some other books a 21 century christain would never see. You have not seen what is in those books of the Bible they have taken out and you swallow it hook line and sinker.. On the quranic aspect its not new in Nigeria that rate of illitracy is highest in the north, how do you expect an illitrate to interprete a Quran even if I agree the quran is a holy Book.

We must think of it.. Is it worth it that we are killing ourselves over Religion that we don't know. Islam and Christainity is not of African Descent, Missionaries and Islamic teachers brought them to the south and North of this country respectively..

Ok, think of it this way.. You are a southerner today and that is a major factor in your being a xtain..

You are a Northerner today and that is a major factor in your being a muslim..

What if you a southerner had been born in the North, u would have been a muslim if that were to be the case.

Our Religion is even a Function of our Region Predominantly in Nigeria..

Religion is Madness.
Nigeria must count herself out of this global Madness.
. A slave witout a master is as useles as d mosquitoe, a being witout breath is as gud as dead NIGERIA witout GOD is as unless as u cn neva imagine. Only God knws y all dis is hapenin in Nigeria dats y nobdy cn question his authourity. Pls mind wot u post. Is Nigeria d only country dat praction 2 religion? Y wud u say dat? Wot is it dat is hapenin in Nigeria dat has neva hapend in anoda country buh did der say anytin abt abolishin religion? Tink b4 typin. Life witout Jesus is doomed 4 hell Nigeria witout Jesus is 4 sure doomed.

(1) (Reply)

Should We Call It A New Beginning? / What's Love (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.