Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Keshi: Mikel Is My C A P T A I N - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi: Mikel Is My C A P T A I N (684 Views)

Mikel Is Part Of Our Problem – Chelsea’s Club Legend Reveals / Why Keeping John Obi Mikel Is Chelsea’s Best Transfer Move So Far This Summer / Mikel Is 7th Best Paid African Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keshi: Mikel Is My C A P T A I N by datChelseaBoy: 10:37pm On Jul 22, 2013
Super Eagles Coach Stephen Keshi on Thursday appeared on Channels Television’s Sports programme in Abuja. In the interview, monitored
by SportingLife, the Eagles
helmsman spoke on many topical issues.

Excerpts:

Mikel, honestly speaking, since he played the first game against Liberia in Calabar up till now, he has been a gentle man and a top professional
player. I just allow him to do what he wants to do on the field (of play). I also gave him a responsibility telling him that you are my captain in the
midfield, you are my captain on the field of play. I told him I would hold him responsible if anything went wrong on the field of play. He accepted and lived up to his responsibilities. So far he has been doing wonderfully. He has been good and I don’t have any problem with him or any other player.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/keshi-mikel-is-my-captain/

http://wearebluesforever..com
Re: Keshi: Mikel Is My C A P T A I N by datChelseaBoy: 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2013
However, Keshi did not say that he is the substantial captain. What that means that Mikel is the leader of the team in the field of play, that is in effect the vice-captain since the captain is a goalkeeper and he is not close enough to all the players to marshal out orders to them. Just like Sergio Ramos is the leader of Real Madrid in the field of play, Pirlo is the leader of Italy in the field of play and Xavi is the leader of Spain in the field of play because their captains are all goalkeepers and not outfield players.

(1) (Reply)

Plz Footballers In Abroad / Forbes Rich List Of Football Club / No Coach Ever Ignors Mikel Obi And Last Till The End Of The Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.