Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,860 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Maintenance Free Battery Experiences. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Free Battery Experiences. (1764 Views)

Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users / Bmw 325Ci E46 - Repairs and Maintenance / Weird Experiences On The Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maintenance Free Battery Experiences. by Carsells(m): 5:06am On Jul 23, 2013
What are your experiences on the numerous maintenance free batteries that flood Nigeria market? Which of them have you used that served you well with good features. Recomend it here based on practical experience.
Re: Maintenance Free Battery Experiences. by elviszzz: 9:28am On Jul 23, 2013
Carsells: What are your experiences on the numerous maintenance free batteries that flood Nigeria market? Which of them have you used that served you well with good features. Recomend it here based on practical experience.

most of them are china made but i advice u buy a battery that was produced this year,it will last.
Re: Maintenance Free Battery Experiences. by JUO(m): 1:10pm On Jul 23, 2013
naija dey rewrite the year
Re: Maintenance Free Battery Experiences. by Carsells(m): 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
Nigerians can adultrate year of production. Is there no particular brand name like for tyres I use MAXXIS and I can tell their tyre is powerful. For battery, what brand name do I look out for.
Re: Maintenance Free Battery Experiences. by kenmaro: 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2013
Hankook dry cell battery is good
Re: Maintenance Free Battery Experiences. by JUO(m): 8:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
anyone that works for you is a good battery but you will gamble with your money. for me i use 90ah equivalent to 55-65ah normal standard and I have been using it for close to 7months without any issues
Re: Maintenance Free Battery Experiences. by flexya: 7:03am On Jul 24, 2013
This is not scientific but i got it from an experienced battery charger. when camparin batteries of the same amperage to buy, always opt for the heavier one (in weight). Apparently, d cell is fuller and thereby last longer.

You cant go wit a brand name since almost all the batteries in nijja (I assume u r in nija) r China. ONce the so called initially good brand names gets known/liked in the market, d manufacturers tend to reduce the quality. Imitations also flood d market usin same name. Anyone remember how good FOrgo batteries were wen they came out 10yrs ago? Wont touch them at 10kobo now

Finally, buy as big a capacity as u can afford. eg a 62A battery in a car wont last as long as a 75A in same car. How I wish we could get those "follow come" batteries. One in my camry lasted 5yrs!
Re: Maintenance Free Battery Experiences. by jalyx: 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2015
Forgo battery has been proven for many years of its consistent quality. It is a pity many average Nigerians think that vehicles of over 20years old are new because they just bought them as tokunbo forgetting that 1995 model of vehicles are 21years old in late 2015. These people would never accept that such vehicles require careful repairs of some sensitive parts such as tyres, brake pads & system, fuel pump, alternator, carburetor and fuel injectors to mention but a few. So while some parts as tyres & brake systems of your tokunbo cars if unchecked and possible change could send owner and user to untimely grave , the fuel pump, injectors and alternators which performs the smooth starting and battery life support for vehicles can be classified as slow but easy indicators that vehicles require a maintenance, which if not attended, could damage many other things in the vehicle, including the battery. So, ensure that your vehicle is well maintained, then you can find that Forgo battery is a top brand which I have used and recommended for good performance of 3 years life, which is uncommon of today's batteries . I trust FORGO because it has been tested, enduring and trusted. (08033592213)

(1) (Reply)

Golf 3 Vs Nissan Almera / CarFix.ng: Quality Guaranteed Vehicle Repair Workshop in Abuja. / Engine Replacement On ML350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.