Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,371 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Stoppage Of Okada Riders In Port Harcourt: Cool? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Stoppage Of Okada Riders In Port Harcourt: Cool? (3232 Views)

Truck Falls On Okada At Oshodi-Apapa Expressway (Photos) / Okada-Man, Student Crushed By Trailer In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Okada Riders Flouts Lagos Law On Restricted Routes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stoppage Of Okada Riders In Port Harcourt: Cool? by begood1: 11:47am On May 26, 2008
The Rivers State Govt are planning to give a deadline for commercial motorcycles operators (OKADA) to stop operating on some majors roads in Port Harcourt.
Roads includes PH-Aba Expressway, Trans-Amadi Road, Ikwerre Road, East-West Road, and Others.
My people, what are your views towards this, helpful? or will it make life more miserable for PH residents?
Re: Stoppage Of Okada Riders In Port Harcourt: Cool? by SkyBlue1: 12:58pm On May 26, 2008
Lets be honest, the number of Okada riders as a form of public transport in nigeria needs to be seriously reduced. I mean, they are dangerous, a nuissance to other drivers, flaunt traffic laws, and i am sure we all know people who have been seriously injured as a result of Okada. However, if Okada is going to be banned in Port Harcourt then is the commisioner of transport or government providing any viable alternatives? Because if he isn't and is just going to ban okadas then it will be a symptom of the "action without thinking" that seems to have a hold on the vast majority of Nigerian leaders all to just put on a show. When Rivers State does something worthy of note or substantial then keep us informed. Until then please no more of this government banned okada, government commissioned pit toilet in mile one, etc
Re: Stoppage Of Okada Riders In Port Harcourt: Cool? by otokx(m): 2:00pm On May 26, 2008
Another diversionary tactics; the roads they are talking about are not even motorable.
Re: Stoppage Of Okada Riders In Port Harcourt: Cool? by begood1: 2:41pm On May 26, 2008
otokx:

Another diversionary tactics; the roads they are talking about are not even motorable.
YE s,
most of the roads are not motorable
and most taxi operators do not run down the roads,
Re: Stoppage Of Okada Riders In Port Harcourt: Cool? by Seun(m): 6:25pm On May 26, 2008
Yes, this is the way forward for this country. We must take jobs away from the okada men in Niger Delta Area so that they can go into armed robbery, militancy and kidnapping. A standing ovation for the Port Harcourt government.
Re: Stoppage Of Okada Riders In Port Harcourt: Cool? by dandollar1: 11:48pm On May 26, 2008
They are at it again.They'v got this talent of misplacing priorities.instead of looking for ways to improve the lot of the people of the state,they're planning to remove food from people's table.USELESS AS EVER.
Re: Stoppage Of Okada Riders In Port Harcourt: Cool? by begood1: 4:04pm On May 28, 2008
Seun:

Yes, this is the way forward for this country. We must take jobs away from the okada men in Niger Delta Area so that they can go into armed robbery, militancy and kidnapping. A standing ovation for the Port Harcourt government.
seun, i dont understand ur point here
are u at the affirmative side or otherwise?
Pls review ur post and make it clearer.
regards
Re: Stoppage Of Okada Riders In Port Harcourt: Cool? by akowonjo: 12:36pm On May 30, 2008
@begood1

Seun is just being sarcastic.

@Seun

I hear you, jare. The way forward, indeed! More kidnappers on the prowl. Just what we need.
With the banning of okadas in PH, they will soon be kidnapping cows and dogs for ransom.
Re: Stoppage Of Okada Riders In Port Harcourt: Cool? by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 30, 2008
Ph is my home town, the roads are Narrow and most are not too good

u cant get from point A to B if u r in a hurry without an Okada or else u r ready to sleep in the traffic

seun Good point u have raised

(1) (Reply)

Lexus Vs Toyota / Best Engine Oil For Honda Accord EOD 4 Cylinder / Mercedes AC Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.