Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,038 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} (910 Views)

Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? / 10 Ways You Are Being Unfaithful To Your Spouse — And You Don't Even Know It / Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} by salamudeen(m): 6:05am On Jul 24, 2013
I have read a lot of comments about the bill before the
House and I saw many comments going viral on social
networks by many both reasonable and people I will
confidently call "mentally challenged" some people who are
so naïve are nailing this issue on islam thinking and
believing islam is behind this act. Is early prostitution
better than early marriage? Is sexual immorality in parties
clubs and other leisure venues better than that of a
matrimony? What is wrong with our people? These so
called underage are the ones being disvirgined by gate
men, yet they r not ready, they are involved in many sexual
activities in schools, by teacher, friends, boyfriends, and
even stranger and yet they are not ready for marriage. When
will they be ready? After becoming prostitutes? Or after
returning from overseas after long time sexual experience?
This is a country where rape is rampant, it is a country
where politicians have turn boarding schools, universities
and polytechnic girls into prostitutes, and no one is talking
about it. If you are against early marriage then you are
supporting early prostitution, immorality, rape and child
trafficking. A married woman is a protected woman whom
every stranger bow down to in respect no matter how little
she is, she can be married at any age, only that
matrimonial duties starts when she is matured enough to
fulfil her duties. We can't fold our hands and let our sisters
roam the street in nudes all in the name of civilisation and
protection against early marriage, even the royal Britain
give their girl child in marriage after her first menstruation.
We have so many problems facing this country, corruption,
insecurity, rubbery, drug abuse, unemployment, tribalism,
regionalism, poor education to mention a few. Those
raising voices against early marriage should sit, think and
protest against Mega problems not this, by the way nobody
is forcing you to marry a child or give out ur teenage
daughter for marriage, so if u like you can keep her till when she is
40 thats your business .

Good Day
Re: Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 24, 2013
salamudeen: by the way nobody is forcing you to marry a child or give out ur teenage daughter for marriage, so if u like you can keep her till when she is40 thats your business .
My sentiments exactly...Besides, underage marriage is not a new thing in our society. It's even a practice among yorubas who seems to be fronting war against the bill.

1 Like

Re: Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} by sweettease(f): 7:16am On Jul 24, 2013
You don finish? Oya clap for yourself! The problems go stop now abi? You actually think the solutions to the problem you listed above is early marriage? You are listing the problems in Nigeria which is our point exactly! They are other things and bills to be passed right now other than early marriage.
You are comparing british monarche setting to dat of 9ja, do they give them out to men old enough to be their (grand)father or have you ever heard of any incidence of vesicovaginal fistula amongst them? Whilst the incidence of vvf is high in northern nigeria where early marriage is common and i wonder why teenage prostitution and waywardness is also commoner there since early marriage is the supposed solution. In case you don't know what vesicovaginal fistula is, you can google it to get an idea cos it won't give you a clear picture, i nursed a young patient forced into early marriage with it and its not as simple as what's in wiki. She was going through hell while her stewpid husband was disturbing the doctors for her discharge so that she can resume her duties.
Your reasons are as selfish as they come, a shallow justification for your selfish barbaric desires, old men wanting to devour young innocent girls, a bunch of paedophils looking for legal backings. Woe unto you all!

5 Likes

Re: Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 24, 2013
^^
Very well said!
Re: Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} by psucc(m): 7:53am On Jul 24, 2013
But why will it be that it is the poor's daughters that are given out early for marriage?
How many of the rich and elite muslim give out their daughters for marriage so early in life.
When shall we be tell ourselves the truth and not ride on the misfortunes of our neighbours. God help us.
Re: Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 24, 2013
You don't mix old wine with new wine or old wine inside new bag and vice versa.
If kids are getting married to their fellow peers nobody will bother. But getting a shrivelled pennies inside a brand new underdeveloped hole is so inexplicably disgusting. Then when the old stuff cannot perform again the young girl will start experimenting which subsequently leads to prostitution. What about VVF and the stigma attached to it.
Early marriage is not the solution at all, let's stop justifying it please.
Re: Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} by biolabee(m): 8:39am On Jul 24, 2013
Wow the propanganda machine is here

Where is it that yorubas practiced child marriage

@OP whomever you are, You are a closet perverted peadophile

1 Like

Re: Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} by taryour(f): 11:34am On Jul 24, 2013
biolabee: Wow the propanganda machine is here

Where is it that yorubas practiced child marriage

@OP whomever you are, You are a closet perverted peadophile

True that.

@op where have you seen yoruba practice underage marriage Can you boldly give your 13 year old daughter out in marriage to man of 40 years and above If you answer no to my second question then you deserve to join the animals in the zoo cause that's where you belong for the rest of your mis.rable life.
I even thought you had brains in your head and got something good to say but I was wrong. Asi e re. Oloshi, Afofun.gbemu, Ato.le, Agbaya... God will shame all of you.

1 Like

Re: Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 24, 2013
taryour:

I even thought you had brains in your head and got something good to say but I was wrong. Asi e re. Oloshi, Afofun.gbemu, Ato.le, Agbaya... God will shame all of you.
Arindin, Oponu Ayirada. Haven't you seen or heard of a situation (in yoruba land) where a female child is even at birth given out.
Re: Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} by ciphoenix: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2013
zameen:
Arindin, Oponu Ayirada. Haven't you seen or heard of a situation (in yoruba land) where a female child is even at birth given out.

Betrothal and Marriage ain't the same
Re: Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} by taryour(f): 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
zameen:

See Goat talking,and its at that birth you will open the innocent baby's legs apart to deposit your god forsaken rod abi Am not surprised at you,its the likes of you that go about molesting kids even your own sister. Its obvious you don't have a child yet and don't know the joy of fatherhood,that why you can support such satanic act sleeping with a 13year old girl in the name of marriage and destroying her life.

1 Like

Re: Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} by RoyalRoy(m): 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
@Op....I think you are still too young to realise the real truth behind those people who passed the bill.

Its not to curb all of the ills you mentioned...far from it.
You don't marry out kids to old men for pleasure sake because I see no other reason why an elderly will marry a juvenile if not just for pleasure!!

Remember how you wanted to commit suicide some weeks back & people here were all worried about you?
Now imagine how many young girls who had no access to internet like you would have "gone away" without any help due to this barbaric and despicable act!!!

Learn to realise that early marriage is not the solution to all the problems you listed above!! And who will marry a girl & wait for 6yrs before popping the cherry? Can you? Reason well before coming to defend a policy that u have no iota of idea what the effect is on the society!!!

1 Like

Re: Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} by taryour(f): 12:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
Royal Roy: @Op....I think you are still too young to realise the real truth behind those people who passed the bill.

Its not to curb all of the ills you mentioned...far from it.
You don't marry out kids to old men for pleasure sake because I see no other reason why an elderly will marry a juvenile if not just for pleasure!!

Remember how you wanted to commit suicide some weeks back & people here were all worried about you?
Now imagine how many young girls who had no access to internet like you would have "gone away" without any help due to this barbaric and despicable act!!!

Learn to realise that early marriage is not the solution to all the problems you listed above!! And who will marry a girl & wait for 6yrs before popping the cherry? Can you? Reason well before coming to defend a policy that u have no iota of idea what the effect is on the society!!!

He should have been allowed to commit suicide then self,kind hearted and God fearing people advice him otherwise not knowing the kind of satanic and demonic heart he has. Please go ahead and kill yourself now I beg you,at least it will reduce the amount of wicked souls supporting underage marriage to old animals.

And zameen make sure you join your mate,take your life as well. I assure you wunt be missed at all cause you are useless on this planet earth as it is.

2 Likes

Re: Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
sweet-tease:
You don finish? Oya clap for yourself! The problems go stop now abi? You actually think the solutions to the problem you listed above is early marriage? You are listing the problems in Nigeria which is our point exactly! They are other things and bills to be passed right now other than early marriage.
You are comparing british monarche setting to dat of 9ja, do they give them out to men old enough to be their (grand)father or have you ever heard of any incidence of vesicovaginal fistula amongst them? Whilst the incidence of vvf is high in northern nigeria where early marriage is common and i wonder why teenage prostitution and waywardness is also commoner there since early marriage is the supposed solution. In case you don't know what vesicovaginal fistula is, you can google it to get an idea cos it won't give you a clear picture, i nursed a young patient forced into early marriage with it and its not as simple as what's in wiki. She was going through hell while her stewpid husband was disturbing the doctors for her discharge so that she can resume her duties.
Your reasons are as selfish as they come, a shallow justification for your selfish barbaric desires, old men wanting to devour young innocent girls, a bunch of paedophils looking for legal backings. Woe unto you all!
god bless you.your head is correct.at least we know who the unreasonable and mentally challlenged people are.

@ op for your mind you don talk.you nor know say you dey rant.abeg i dey drive jare,i no wan pull over,make i reach house.smh.its just sad animals don mix with human beings so we dont know who is who again.even my dog started mating the female when it was an adult not even when she started her first menses
Re: Early Marriage {those People Against The Bill Don't Even Know The Meaning} by maclatunji: 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
See the way people are arguing over a non-existent bill. Can't people do a little research on issues before commenting on them?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Giving Birth Before Marriage / Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? / Help! Help! Save The Life Of A Special One!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.