Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Shocking:apple Buys Nigerian Entreprenuer Chinedu Echeruo’s App For $1b - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Shocking:apple Buys Nigerian Entreprenuer Chinedu Echeruo’s App For $1b (869 Views)

Apple Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion / Apple Buys Primesense; The Best Sensor Maker / Apple Buys Nigerian Entrepreneur's App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking:apple Buys Nigerian Entreprenuer Chinedu Echeruo’s App For $1b by drepapa(m): 1:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
Apple has acquired Chinedu Echeruo’s HopStop.com according to the Wall Street Journal’s publication, AllThingsDigital reports.
Founded in 2005, HopStop.com makes mobile applications for both iOS and Android that covers over 300 cities and that helps people get directions or find nearby subway stations and bus stops.Although Terms of the deal have not been disclosed as at the time of this publication.
HopStop has often been compared to Israel’s Waze which was recently acquired by Google for $1 billion. The move is seen as Apple’s plan to bolster its map offering especially given Google’s recent acquisition of Waze.
A serial entrepreneur, Chinedu Echeruo grew up in Eastern Nigeria and attended Kings College, Lagos. He attended Syracuse University and the Harvard Business School in the United States and founded HopStop.com after working for several years in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Leveraged Finance groups of J.P Morgan Chase where he was involved in a broad range of M&A, Financing and Private Equity transactions. He also worked at AM Investment Partners, a $500 million volatility-driven convertible bond arbitrage hedge fund.
He founded and raised nearly $8 million for his two U.S based internet companies; Hopstop.com and Tripology.com. Tripology.com was acquired in 2010 by American travel and read more here…….http:///jwYtbk
Re: Shocking:apple Buys Nigerian Entreprenuer Chinedu Echeruo’s App For $1b by amiskurie(m): 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
check my profile,i opened a thread abt this 2 days ago.
....so pls close ur thread sir b4 hell break loose. grin
Re: Shocking:apple Buys Nigerian Entreprenuer Chinedu Echeruo’s App For $1b by drepapa(m): 2:21pm On Jul 24, 2013
amiskurie: check my profile,i opened a thread abt this 2 days ago.
....so pls close ur thread sir b4 hell break loose. grin

Mr or how you want yourself to be addressed. I would advice you to remove that insensible comment now.If you have a monopoly of information in your world, I dont and I am very sure our posts dont look alike.i am a credible blogger ,hoping to create a credible and trusted fan base for myself.
Even self,CHINEDU na ur broda.Abeg comot am now now.
Re: Shocking:apple Buys Nigerian Entreprenuer Chinedu Echeruo’s App For $1b by amiskurie(m): 2:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
grin cool!
u knw wat?...I'm gonna create a replica of ur blog with same details as urs and i am pretty sure u will be cool by that.
u be small pikin?...see as I dey play with ur blokos . grin

(1) (Reply)

Slim Playstation 2 (ps2) For Sale With 2 Game Pads @ 12k / Garrett Single And Multi Zones Walkthrough Metal Detector At Affordable Prices!! / Iphone 4S (locked For Sale As Ipod) 5 Pieces Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.